Car Physics Change?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SilverGTV8
  • 39 comments
  • 2,576 views
SilverGTV8 - Sounds to me like your having a setup issue. Did you add horsepower mods before your car started to suck? Even if you didn't I still think you just don't have it hooked up properly. If the car isn't responsive enough you might want to read up on suspension tuning.

Not trying to sound like an a-hole but learning to drive better would help. By that I mean not hitting other cars or walls and also learning to corner better. Also try to keep the car on the track and not on the rumble strips, grass, or sand. That kills your grip.

Your B-spec driver will get better with the more points you earn in B-spec mode.

Anyway maybe someone could help you out more if we knew what car you are talking about.
 
It's the Toyota Minolta '89 Race Car. The car was fine before I let the b-spec driver run it. I don't hit other cars or walls. But ever since the hong Kong track the car just won't turn in as well and wanders on the straights. it's drivable with early braking and slow entrances.

The car was vvery good before Hong kong and after my b-spec drove it into everyother wall the car seemed screwed up.

I can drive, I know I can drive.
 
The races in the game are much shorter than real races, and so the tire wear is accelerated.

This isn't to say that the tire wear presented in the game is totally unrealistic. Depending on the race tires you buy, they really do only last a lap or two.

Here's a fun fact for you... race tires typically cost the same _or less_ than normal street tires on a production based race car. That's right. Less. But they're still much more expensive per mile because they will be worn out multiple times faster.

That was the unrealistic thing in GT... the stock tires wore out way faster than any of the race tires. In RL, it's absolutely the other way around. The normal street tires should last pretty much forever. You don't have to change RL street tires every day you go to the track (ie. you're running in a street tire class)... more like once or twice a year.

- Skant
 
Skant
That was the unrealistic thing in GT... the stock tires wore out way faster than any of the race tires. In RL, it's absolutely the other way around. The normal street tires should last pretty much forever. You don't have to change RL street tires every day you go to the track (ie. you're running in a street tire class)... more like once or twice a year.
Take in to consideration that you would never have street tires on some of the cars in the game. If you did in RL, you definitely would burn them up quick, either that or run slower times than a stock kia. ..... Heck, I could trash stock tires after a couple track events with my slow FWD car depending on how I drive.
 
SilverGTV8
It's the Toyota Minolta '89 Race Car. The car was fine before I let the b-spec driver run it. I don't hit other cars or walls. But ever since the hong Kong track the car just won't turn in as well and wanders on the straights. it's drivable with early braking and slow entrances.

The car was vvery good before Hong kong and after my b-spec drove it into everyother wall the car seemed screwed up.

I can drive, I know I can drive.

Ok so you can drive, but can you tune?

Seriously though sounds like you need a good setup. I can't help you out because I haven't driven that car. Hong Kong is a street course that's relatively flat. The impression I get from other posts is that the Minolta is a pan style racer. You might have to fiddle with the downforce setting for each track. That's just a shot in the dark but if you really love the car then search/post in the tuning section for a car specific setup.
 
I can do that too. I just think that there is an underlying reason for the "refresher" now. The handling is screwy after hitting the walls (b-spec driver and me after he messed it up) It changed I know it did.

I did the refresher and drove the car again and it was fine. I had no issues in the short time I drove it on the Hong Kong track and posted better times and was out running the 787 without changing my set-up.

It will be awhile before i let the b-spec driver touch any of my cars again :)

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the handling change.

Thanks for you help. :)
 
I have noticed the handling changing on cars after hitting the wall too many times, I thought I was crazy... Maybe I'm not...

And to anyone who thinks that tires wearing out after 5 laps is unrealistic, I have a set of Yokohamas AVS's with three autocrosses on them I'd like to show you. :)
 
bfifteenv
And to anyone who thinks that tires wearing out after 5 laps is unrealistic, I have a set of Yokohamas AVS's with three autocrosses on them I'd like to show you. :)
Exactly. I want to auto-x a couple more times to wear out my current tires just to justify buying new better ones. Though I don't really have the money for new ones. And for those that don't know, an auto-x "lap" rarely is over 50 seconds (depending on course and car) and most events only allow for maybe 4 laps. I did 6 where I went and have heard of places that do 10, but it depends on location and amount of cars that show up.
 
SilverGTV8
I can do that too. I just think that there is an underlying reason for the "refresher" now. The handling is screwy after hitting the walls (b-spec driver and me after he messed it up) It changed I know it did.

I did the refresher and drove the car again and it was fine. I had no issues in the short time I drove it on the Hong Kong track and posted better times and was out running the 787 without changing my set-up.

It will be awhile before i let the b-spec driver touch any of my cars again :)

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the handling change.

Thanks for you help. :)

Man, I'm sorry I didn't see this topic earlier. I am having the same problem with the same car. I am having to brake earlier and I'M LOSING HP!!! My Minolta was making 1224 when I first got it. Now it's making 1219. I give it frequent oil changes. I've done the refresher thing too. I was having a terrible time on the "Real Circuit Tours" in Extreme. The Toyota 7 was always right behind me.
 
superb16
Man, I'm sorry I didn't see this topic earlier. I am having the same problem with the same car. I am having to brake earlier and I'M LOSING HP!!! My Minolta was making 1224 when I first got it. Now it's making 1219. I give it frequent oil changes. I've done the refresher thing too. I was having a terrible time on the "Real Circuit Tours" in Extreme. The Toyota 7 was always right behind me.

I wish I could get to the Extreme class. I have tried that to finish the final series numerous times with different cars. With my GT I was getting 140ish A-spec points. I did pretty good just not good enough to win. Finally got endurance open and did a race to get a race car that would be able to compete. It does/did until the wall crap.

Hope to start it again tonight and finish up by the weekend, and in 1st :)
 
Back