Car recommended for each race

• Thread starter Trev4elvis
  • 59 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Having played the previous games I’ve noticed this is the first one that doesn’t have a recommended car for each race. I have looked through but can’t find one. I am struggling with some of the races because I don’t know the best cars for it.. Thanks

Having played the previous games I’ve noticed this is the first one that doesn’t have a recommended car for each race. I have looked through but can’t find one. I am struggling with some of the races because I don’t know the best cars for it.. Thanks
Did GT ever have a recommended car??

There are "tips" in cafe description to the event and it gives some recommended car but I don't know how accurate and trustworthy are those tips.

I just checked it and it is called "hints" on the Menu Book. @Trev4elvis

Last edited:
iirc Cafe Menus have a recommended car but other races have PP limit in which you can use whatever you want

Last edited:
If you find a car that fits you, this is your recommended car.
There are just a few outliner races where you are forced by regulations to use something different. Be it by weight that you cant reach otherwise, or drivetrain.

I did most of the starting races with Ford Focus RS, I thought it seemed a pretty allround solution by power/weight and having 4wd.
It did work much better than anticipated.

There are "tips" in cafe description to the event and it gives some recommended car but I don't know how accurate and trustworthy are those tips.

I just checked it and it is called "hints" on the Menu Book. @Trev4elvis
The Neo Classic says it’s a Supra but can’t find it anywhere, like GT5 is there a way to quickly changing to car lists by going through the licenses without doing them ?

It is the perfect example of scuffed design of legendary cars rotation. Recommending car that you can't buy right now 🤣
Though we already know there's 3 dealerships, one for 2001 and up and used for older cars. But there are no racing cars in used cars, leaving Legend as the only option.

But is there a quick way to change the cars in legends like previous ones ?
Isn't the Pennzoil Skyline still in Hagerty's? If not the Escudo may be back soon. Either of them will work for the Neo Classical races.
Cars to keep in mind:
Porsche Living Legend (easily wins the Porsche Cup)
Ferrari F-XX-K (wins Ferrari specific events, more potent than the Citroen GT, wins Sardegna WTC 800 with careful strategy)
Citroen GT Road Car (good general purpose mid engine car)
'65 Mini Cooper (used for some early races and early credit grinding)
Suzuki Cappucino (potent Kei car in its own right, downright fast and capable of winning the Tokyo WTC 600 with the 13B engine)
Honda Beat (same as the Cappucino except the engine swap comes from a Civic, not sure if it can win at Tokyo)
Most any race car from previous games Hagerty has for sale will serve you well. I haven't played all the Gran Turismo games, but I recall driving a McLaren F1 to victory in SCUD Race; it was quite powerful there.

Yes the Pennzoil is still there but 2.7 million is a risk if it isn’t good enough, that is why I was waiting for Supra (cafe recommendation) or Escudo.

I will look, it’s just I’m rubbish at this game so need all the advantage I can get but still my favourite racing game out there.

I will look, it’s just I’m rubbish at this game so need all the advantage I can get but still my favourite racing game out there.
Unfortunately the only choices you have are
1. Wait and try your luck with the escudo or
2.Wait quite a bit longer to get one of the Group C cars.

If you think you're not that skilled, lower the AI difficultly.
This way you can have an easier time with races.
Then use any Group C car.
If you need to get a Group C car but dont have the money, do a few rounds of the WTC700 LeMans.
You can easily get 825,000cr in 30mins.
This way when one pops up in the LCD, you can quickly get it.
The S15 Gr4 which sells for 450,000cr can win it easy.
Things that are needed for the S15.
Mid-RPM Turbo, Hard Slicks, Inters, Wets, Full Racing Transmission, Fully customizable suspension

Set top speed to 330km/h or 210mph
When you start the race set fuel map to 6.
When you're about 300m away from the chicane on the back straight, lift off the throttle then apply brakes when about 175m from the turn.
I know it seems odd, but this way you can save fuel(a good skill to have) and then spend less time in the pit.
If you play your cards right you wont really need to refuel.
On this race, you normally get rain around laps 2-4
Normally you will have to pit for either wets or inters at this time, at the end of lap 5 pit for slicks and take care as the track is still a bit wet.
Fully fill up, set fuel map to 4 by the end of lap 6 the track should be dry enough and then you can do a flying lap by setting fuel map to 1

Here is a screen shot of my race.
Did it with 0 pitstops(Due to no rain) and I race with the AI set to hard.

1847fa9871b16-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
No stops. Very impressive.

Yes GT6 had that function, but the hint system in GT7 is garbage because ...

@Trev4elvis you won't win that event if you get the Supra because the top competition is in Group C cars, ain't no way the Supra will ever be faster than them.
If you're using the Supra, the field will just disappear right before your eyes. You'll think you're in neutral. :)

Back