Car Resale Values

  • Thread starter Thread starter clouddancer79
  • 49 comments
  • 2,928 views
Messages
55
United States
Colorado
Messages
TheDeafAviator
I was just playing GT3 and a thought came to me... you know what we really need? True car resale values. Kinda sucks to do $50,000-100,000 of upgrades to only be able to sell the car for a few thousand when you dont need it anymore. What do you think?
 
clouddancer79
I was just playing GT3 and a thought came to me... you know what we really need? True car resale values. Kinda sucks to do $50,000-100,000 of upgrades to only be able to sell the car for a few thousand when you dont need it anymore. What do you think?
Well I know in the game 4x4 Evo 2 the parts and upgrades you've done go toward what you get when it comes time to sell the beast. So yeah good idea.
 
Yeah, that has been a problem since GT1, upgrades and mods to the car don't up the sale price.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol:

Yea, I agree with all of you. :O :lol: It isnt right how the car you sell is worth X amount and it is still that same X amount with unpgrades you have put in. It is unrealistic :crazy: :odd:
 
In RL, say you buy a dirtbike for 300. You tune it up fully, mad engine, new suspension, brakes, the works. Then you put it in a bike magazine as an ad willing to sell it. Wouldn't you want the money that you originally bought for it, plus the 800-900 you spent tuning it? It would only make sense that you could get 1500 for it, if it was brand new, never ridden. This same concept should be put into GT4, the more you ride it, the less it gets, plus the money for the turbo, brakes, tranny, etc.
Great idea 👍
 
I also think car resale value should be affected by winning presigious races and whatnot.
 
I believe the word you meant was "prestigious".
EDIT: Oh, I just got what you said. Do you mean like winning the GT-World Championship for beginner would up the value by 4,000 Cr.? Don't you get enough by just winning the races? Geez, you ask for way too much....

j/p Good idea, but I think that a "prestigious races" page would be better. Such as it shows the name of the race, then the car that won it, best lap, total time, and a small pic of you crossing the finish line.
 
I don't realy care, i never sell my tuned cars.
And i win enough money with the races.
 
if you wanted that, just save the race replay and make a pic in photo mode. simple!!
 
If GT4 allows online trading of vehicles then it would be even more important for cars that are tuned to hold their original purchase price and then have it go up by certain percentage points. If milage returns, then perhaps after say 1,000 game miles the value starts to decline. I hope that in some future version of GT that most if not all car purchase will be online, and when players sale their cars they go into some sort of online car lot. Imagine browsing thru the car lots and maybe having the option of choosing for example shoping for a 69 corvette, and there might be say 100 in the lot, all with differnt user paint jobs and other modifications. It would just add alot more depth to the game finding the best cars. Perhaps also in a future version of GT4 their could even maybe be online car shows, heck maybe even in GT4 with the photo mode. Players upload photos and then players vote on the best. Top winners get a certain amount of credits or other prizes.
 
greenlightning
If GT4 allows online trading of vehicles then it would be even more important for cars that are tuned to hold their original purchase price and then have it go up by certain percentage points. If milage returns, then perhaps after say 1,000 game miles the value starts to decline. I hope that in some future version of GT that most if not all car purchase will be online, and when players sale their cars they go into some sort of online car lot. Imagine browsing thru the car lots and maybe having the option of choosing for example shoping for a 69 corvette, and there might be say 100 in the lot, all with differnt user paint jobs and other modifications. It would just add alot more depth to the game finding the best cars. Perhaps also in a future version of GT4 their could even maybe be online car shows, heck maybe even in GT4 with the photo mode. Players upload photos and then players vote on the best. Top winners get a certain amount of credits or other prizes.

I think that idea is great! Say you don't have enough money for a certain car that you want that is brand new, you can go online and try to find that car, maybe not used a lot, for a cheaper price! I think it would be better though if whoever is selling there car online, will be able to set a price on it. If they set it too high, the car may not sell as quickly as some of the cheaper ones with similar upgrades. I don't think any of this will happen, but you never know.
 
You know what else? You should be able to set up a car all perfect like, then name a price to sell it for. Then someone can come buy your perfectly tuned car for a nice premium (after a test drive). If your tuning skills are good enough, you could make killings on this. And then, when the person owns it, your own settings are hidden, and they have to reset to default to change anything, so as not to give away your secrets.
 
I think that's a step over what we could reasonably expect, it's a nice idea sure, but settings rarely transfer from one driver to another. We'd also need some sort of cap system in place to prevent people charging huge sums of money. Cars being ranked by the sort of races they've won is an interesting concept but begins to flirt with the whole Respect system of NFSU, and we all know flirting is wrong.

Personally I'm just happy not to be getting 10 or 12 thousand for my car regardless of whether it's an ****ty Suzuki a GTO LM Edition.
 
GT2002 had a feature where you could put your cars up for sale at a price you select.

Then you just wait for the comp to buy it off you - if the price is too high, it wont buy
 
GT2002, that's Concept right? I didn't know that even had a real Sim mode.
 
I think he may be talking about Sega GT. I remember they had a system similar to that.
 
Anybody who thinks the resale values are totally unrealistic has never read classified ads for used race cars... they're mighty low, folks.
 
Pistachio
I think he may be talking about Sega GT. I remember they had a system similar to that.

That'd make a lot more sense, I just didn't play either of them.

neon_duke's also right.
 
I think this idea is toss...

The idea in GT was that you buy the parts and the car that you sell at the end has the parts removed... (i.e. if you have 2 of the cars you still own the parts to put on both cars!)

The only things that would/should affect the price is weight reduction, Racing mods and port'n'polish... as these things couldn't be undone.

C.
 
yeti
I think this idea is toss...

The idea in GT was that you buy the parts and the car that you sell at the end has the parts removed... (i.e. if you have 2 of the cars you still own the parts to put on both cars!)

The only things that would/should affect the price is weight reduction, Racing mods and port'n'polish... as these things couldn't be undone.

C.

The problem is that once theyre "removed", you never see them again, and you lose every cent that you paid for them.
 
Not at all... They are still there... if you buy the same car again you can put them back on without paying a cent.

(Really however this model could be improved... I'm sure a set of brake discs won't change much between an Evo 6 and an Evo 7?!)

C.
 
neon_duke
Anybody who thinks the resale values are totally unrealistic has never read classified ads for used race cars... they're mighty low, folks.
Maybe that is why we could buy a fully moded used car for the same price as a new one?
 
Ah but what about the engine upgrades and the like? Can't take many of those off.
 
yeti
The only things that would/should affect the price is weight reduction, Racing mods and port'n'polish... as these things couldn't be undone.

Read previous post....

C.
 
I didn't know once you'd purchased parts for a particular car you could reuse them should you buy set car again... That does put a bit of a different complexion on things.
 
If you have two versions of the same car you only need one set of parts (Except for the modifications that you can't take off!!) and they can be on both cars at the same time... (I guess the computer knows that you want to take them off one and put them on another when you choose that car in your garage!)

C.
 
You can't do that in GT3 - are we discussing GT4P here?
 
neon, i believe you could do that in GT2... but it's been way too long since i've played...

in any regard... i think if they had some sort of depreciation scale built in it would be the best... ie 0-100kms, 100-500, 500-1000, 1000-5000, etc and then the sale value is a % of the cost of the vehicle... the more mileage the lower the value. i guess the problem is most people don't drive their cars (except for 1 or 2) over 100km so they'd be getting top $...
 
Back