Car Review: Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car 1967

  • Thread starter Thread starter valroize
  • 35 comments
  • 13,540 views
Messages
70
This Car:



If you're planning to buy this 20,000,000 car, please be advised and duly be forewarned to refrain from tuning it to FULL engine tune.

IMHO, and I'm glad I did NOT tune it first when I bought it because:

Pros:

1.) It has 454Hp as you bought it in "Stock".
2.) You can race it STOCK without even customizing anything; Suspension, Aero Dynamics and etc... it has has the widest range of tracks to race in from Beginner's Series up to Expert's Series tracks...
3.) It drives and feels like a 458 Italia... and is better than 458 due to it does NOT float all around the track especially in Circuit de la Sarthe.
4.) It smoked the Mc Laren F1 Race car 97' in GranTurismo World Challenge.
5.) When you upgrade the engine to the SECOND stage.. It can even beat races in Dream Car Challenge race tracks..

Cons:

1.) It weighs 792Kg.
2.) Due to it's lightness you tend to drift unwantedly on some corners.
3.) You cannot paint/change body, wheel/rims color of this car. so if you 'really' like how this car looks... then buy it..
4.) Extremely Expensive at 20,000,000 Cr. BUT worth it IMHO.

PS: Purchased/test Driven the 20Mil Exotic Jaguar and the Ford Mark IV via... Game Save trick. In my opinion (just for me) Among the three cars P4 accelerates faster than the rest of these three Exotic beauties. P4 is the lightest regarding weight.. It has the highest Hp (after Break In after +/- 300Km.) from 454Hp you get 471Hp. Below is the replay Video "Showdown" between a P4 and a Mclaren F1 GTR 97' ENJOY !

EDIT: Replay Video here; copy then paste this to internet search then click [ENTER] to see video. (Hope this works)
http://www.facebook.com/v/1611190208345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

This race 330 P4 is on Racing SOFT with a Reinforcement Bar purchased in the tuning shop for 20K. Stock engine power at 454Hp weight: 792Kg. NO tweaks on the suspension and any other parts except for the tyres and the Reinforcement bar.
Driving tactics: Brake on straights first before turning/entering a corner/curve.

Hope this has been informative to help people 'Decide' which 20Milcar to buy.

Thanks for reading:)
 
Last edited:
Low weight is never a con.
 
Thanks for the review.
I just bought it, and glad its that good.
 
Isn't light weight a good thing?

Light weigthed and poweful cars tend to oversteer a lot if you aren't careful with the pumper. Also, it's very easy to lose balance when you cut through a chicane (I.e. Trial Mountain), and it's easy to lift the car sideways if you're too careless. It makes spoilers (or suction fans like the X2010) almost an obligatory accesory if you don't want the car flying without control.
 
Light weigthed and poweful cars tend to oversteer a lot if you aren't careful with the pumper. Also, it's very easy to lose balance when you cut through a chicane (I.e. Trial Mountain), and it's easy to lift the car sideways if you're too careless. It makes spoilers (or suction fans like the X2010) almost an obligatory accesory if you don't want the car flying without control.

Then man up I say :D
Or just add ballast (never used this option before though) :)
 
Then man up I say :D
Or just add ballast (never used this option before though) :)

I never said I didn't like to drive light cars, in fact I prefer them to powered but heavy cars. It's just that light cars do have some cons. Adding ballast would kill the point of a light car, maybe using a differential would help?
 
I never said I didn't like to drive light cars, in fact I prefer them to powered but heavy cars. It's just that light cars do have some cons. Adding ballast would kill the point of a light car, maybe using a differential would help?

Definitely, I was never a fan of those muscle cars.
I just drive the car stock.
The P4 was oversteery, but that's only if you forced it.
 
How many PP does it have?
 
This car is one of the most rewarding cars to drive in the game stock. Don't add any power mods to it or you will ruin the balance of the car permanently!
 
Light weigthed and poweful cars tend to oversteer a lot if you aren't careful with the pumper.
Not at all. This is true of high hp/weight cars. Low weight has nothing to with it. Put enough power in a city bus and you would be able to spin it like an Enzo.

Also, it's very easy to lose balance when you cut through a chicane (I.e. Trial Mountain), and it's easy to lift the car sideways if you're too careless.
That's for a poorly balanced car, not a light one. The previously mentioned bus will lose it much more easily than sporty small car.

It makes spoilers (or suction fans like the X2010) almost an obligatory accesory if you don't want the car flying without control.

Not true. While aero does benefit light cars more, they have less need for it since they naturally move more quickly and are easier to control.

About the only disadvantage for a low weight car is when the car generate lift, but that's really just poor aero design.
 
In my opinion, the car doesn´t feel comprehensible in any way. It feels like a modern super race car instead of an overpowered 60s Lemans race car.

I think, the biggest problem is the tyre physics, which seems to fit for modern cars only.
 
Not at all. This is true of high hp/weight cars. Low weight has nothing to with it. Put enough power in a city bus and you would be able to spin it like an Enzo.

Take an Elise or a Caterham for a ride and you should notice they are quite tail-happy. I think it's all about the power/weight ratio and the engine layout.

That's for a poorly balanced car, not a light one. The previously mentioned bus will lose it much more easily than sporty small car.

Agree, the gravity center is a crucial factor to have in mind. And light weighted cars tend to have them really low, so that's a bonus in balance which can make the difference.

Not true. While aero does benefit light cars more, they have less need for it since they naturally move more quickly and are easier to control.

About the only disadvantage for a low weight car is when the car generate lift, but that's really just poor aero design.

Well, a good aero design can benefit most of the cars, but what I meant is that the lack of spoilers affect the light cars much more than the heavier ones, specially on that "lift" you mentioned.
 
Ehh, 20mil for this car is a downright scam.
 
What gives the quickest lap at the Ring? 330 P4, Mark IV or XJ 13?
 
"Lighter" isn't always a good thing that's for sure. Weight reduction will have to sacrifice body rigidity at some point.
 
In my opinion, the car doesn´t feel comprehensible in any way. It feels like a modern super race car instead of an overpowered 60s Lemans race car.

I think, the biggest problem is the tyre physics, which seems to fit for modern cars only.

My exactly feeling, there is no period accurate slicks in the game, you get better feel with road tires but not the accurate performance.

The classic car seems to have downforce out of nowhere as well.
 
Didn't we get to try this car in the Licence Tests?
Yep, and in that test the power on understeer was atrocious... made me hate the car.
I assume outside of the test the car does not, as the OP said no tuning had been adjusted.
 
Yep, and in that test the power on understeer was atrocious... made me hate the car.
I assume outside of the test the car does not, as the OP said no tuning had been adjusted.
Adjusting suspension, LSD and (maybe) transmission makes this car amazing. link

When people talk about not tuning the 330p4 they mean don't go adding turbos and all that jazz. but you're cool to adjust settings.
 
Light weigthed and poweful cars tend to oversteer a lot if you aren't careful with the pumper. Also, it's very easy to lose balance when you cut through a chicane (I.e. Trial Mountain), and it's easy to lift the car sideways if you're too careless. It makes spoilers (or suction fans like the X2010) almost an obligatory accesory if you don't want the car flying without control.

I always used to think that lightness was good until now.
 
How would these 3 compare to the GT40 69?
 
How would these 3 compare to the GT40 69?

Not to be rude: I guess you shoulda' asked it the other way around...

I have and driven the GT40 1969 Race Car. (Won it in racing event.. B-Specs Endurace I think...)

If you'de ask me... I'm a fan of "Classic Cars."

Errr.. getting back to your query, acceleration wise and handling wise, the Mclaren GTR F1 Race Car 97' raped/massacred my GT40 69' which was Fully Tuned with all the trimmings. And is not even par to compare with the P4 (Strictly IMHO only... Or maybe the stock P4 just suits my driving style.)

Did you watch the Vid replay BTW?
 
Last edited:
valroize
Not to be rude: I guess you shoulda' asked it the way around...

I have and driven the GT40 1969 Race Car. (Won it in racing event.. B-Specs Endurace I think...)

If you'de ask me... I'm a fan of "Classic Cars."

Errr.. getting back to your query, acceleration wise and handling wise, the Mclaren GTR F1 Race Car 97' raped/massacred my GT40 69' which was Fully Tuned with all the trimmings. And is not even par to compare with the P4 (Strictly IMHO only... Or maybe the stock P4 just suits my driving style.)

Did you watch the Vid replay BTW?

I'm actually stuck in hospital and using the GT- Planet app on my iPhone.

I have a modded and a virgin gt40 just curious about how it compairs. I love the Ferrari for what it is, but if I get into any classic online racing I like to have the best option possible.
 
I'm actually stuck in hospital and using the GT- Planet app on my iPhone.

I have a modded and a virgin gt40 just curious about how it compairs. I love the Ferrari for what it is, but if I get into any classic online racing I like to have the best option possible.

GT40 1969 is a lovely and great car.

As for test drive: I use Highspeed Ring for all my cars for the fastest lap time

Corvette ZR1 RM can do 0:58.xx Fully Modded
330 P4 do 1:02.xx 'Stock'
Chevy Camaro RM 1969 can do 1:05.XX Fully Modded
GT40 1969 can do 1:08.xx Fully Modded

Reason why GT40 is slower? The car turns great [does not need to brake]where the rest of the car should brake... but comes with a price... as it turns it losses more speed than the other cars as it turn.
Needless to say that Camaro brakes at a certain point in the first turn of the track then accelerator is applied immediately after braking... while GT40 69' turns all the whole curve.. losing valuable time slowing down as it turns; therefore, as a result consumes more time in turns resulting to the above stated lap times. well, these are just MY opinion and experiment. (One man's opinion ONLY).. well, just sharing my thoughts.. Errr.. Get well soooon man! your PS3 and GT5 is home waiting for you LOLZ! Goodluck!
 
A Chaparral 2J is way better and 5 million cr cheaper. Have you tried it yet?
 
valroize
GT40 1969 is a lovely and great car.

As for test drive: I use Highspeed Ring for all my cars for the fastest lap time

Corvette ZR1 RM can do 0:58.xx Fully Modded
330 P4 do 1:02.xx 'Stock'
Chevy Camaro RM 1969 can do 1:05.XX Fully Modded
GT40 1969 can do 1:08.xx Fully Modded

Reason why GT40 is slower? The car turns great [does not need to brake]where the rest of the car should brake... but comes with a price... as it turns it losses more speed than the other cars as it turn.
Needless to say that Camaro brakes at a certain point in the first turn of the track then accelerator is applied immediately after braking... while GT40 69' turns all the whole curve.. losing valuable time slowing down as it turns; therefore, as a result consumes more time in turns resulting to the above stated lap times. well, these are just MY opinion and experiment. (One man's opinion ONLY).. well, just sharing my thoughts.. Errr.. Get well soooon man! your PS3 and GT5 is home waiting for you LOLZ! Goodluck!

Thanks dude!

I like how you have reviewed the cars so it's an opinion that is respected.
 
A Chaparral 2J is way better and 5 million cr cheaper. Have you tried it yet?

Well, not yet tried 2J I heard lottza good thing about the excellent car...
Too bad me and the 2J haven't crosed path yet.. have't seen it on UCD (Maybe it appeared when I did not [forgot] to check the UCD.
 
Back