Car reviews[requests allowed]

Netherlands
Netherlands
superaapje123
I wanted to call this thread Regular car reviews but youtube. Anyway this is a thread in which i'll regularly post reviews of cars in Gran turismo. You can request reviews too, if you want, but i will put out reviews myself if there's not enough requests or if i want to get something out of the way.

Below will be a list of cars reviewed, it'll grow bigger over time. If you can't find a car in there you want to be reviewed, please request it, either via PM or otherwise.

I hope i'll be able to keep this up for a while as i do enjoy both writing and Gran turismo.

List of reviewed cars:
  • BMW M Coupe '98 (Link)
  • Lamborghini Reventon '08 (Link)
List of requested cars:
  • None currently

Last edited:
BMW M Coupe '98

Let's just get this out of the way. This car is weird. It's not a 1 series, nor is it a Z3. It has no real purpose in real life because if you want a performance car you got a Z3, but if you wanted something that's also practical you just got an M3 wagon or whatever. There was no reason for BMW to really make this car.

Either way, they still made it, and i bought it because it's so different. I built it for the purpose of 500 PP racing, and while it certainly does well, it feels slower than it is.

The car;
  • Is front engined
  • rear wheel drive
  • hatchback/coupe
  • costing roughly 79.000 Cr.
The car in stock form;
  • is rated at 449 PP
  • makes 321 HP
  • makes 350 NM of torque
  • weighs 1465 KG
  • and is naturally aspirated
And fully modified;
  • is rated at 515 PP
  • makes 472 horsepower
  • makes 452 NM of torque
  • weighs 1200 KG exactly
  • and is still naturally aspirated
So rear wheel drive, fairly lightweight, and making lots of torque. Recipe for a lot of skids right? well, apparently not. If you set it up to, it almost feels like a slightly OP all wheel drive car. No, it downright feels like an all wheel drive car if you set it up to. It's not only extremely stable, it also virtually never kicks out, unless you intentionally rip the handbrake, making it beginner friendly. However, it feels a LOT heavier than it really is, again much like a lot of 4WD cars. It understeers a lot, and although i'm no expert at tuning i'm having a lot more trouble tuning this car than many others. Granted, i am used to lighter cars(Elise, Esprit, Mirage, Abarth 500, etc) so maybe it just feels heavier than what i'm used to. That said it is as stated before very beginner friendly and easy to drive. It's just very hard to go fast with. Still, with a rough tune on it i'm running 1:11,3's on midfield, so it has potential. It just feels slow due to its understeer. I feel like on more technical tracks it'll be slower than on midfield, as it is a fairly high speed flowing track. It does have a lot of power for a 500 PP car so it does get to stretch its legs around such a track. Of course, it can be tuned to be inclined more towards oversteer, but that'll just make it more twitchy.(not that it can't take it) I have made it significantly faster than it used to be, but it's still nowhere near as good as you should expect from a mid sized FR sports car.

All in all it still runs good times and, as i said, it's very stable and easy to drive. Less likely to screw up, easier to reccomend for longer distance races.

I'd personally reccomend this car if you either really don't trust your own driving, are new to online racing(like me) or just want a tuning challenge.

Lamborghini Reventon '08

The Lamborghini Reventon is -in real life- basically a Murcielago with a different body on it. Much like the Murcielago, it has a V12 engine, four-wheel drive, and everything else associated. It just looks different...Or so you would say. In the game, for some inexplicable reason, the Reventon is a much heavier car, weighing in at over 1600 KG. Now, the Murcielago is no featherweight by any stretch of the imagination, but it's lighter, nonetheless. So, is that why you see the Murcielago and Aventador(which is - for the record - a completely different car, not just different on the outside) so much more often?

The car;
  • Is mid engined
  • four wheel drive
  • a coupe(if you can call it that)
  • costing 1.200.000 Cr.
The car in stock form;
  • is rated at 557 PP
  • makes 659 HP
  • makes 659 NM of torque
  • weighs 1665(!) KG
And fully modified;
  • is rated at 643 PP
  • makes 1054 horsepower
  • makes 934 NM of torque
  • weighs 1338 KG

Well, clearly the weight isn't what turns people away from this car. 1.2 million is an insane amount of money, even for a limited production vehicle. It does explain the price tag but it's always been a bummer that PD prices cars like this. The only reason i have the vehicle is because i won it in a seasonal event.

So what's the car like? In stock form, not that great. This car takes floaty to a new level. It comes with sports hards, but they feel like comfort hards. it feels like you're driving a hover craft, it has so little grip. Off the line it's alright but it's downright hard to not slide through corners. In a rear wheel drive car, that's to be expected when you have over 600 horsepower to work with, but for a 4WD machine, oversteer and lack of traction shouldn't be an issue.

So on go the racing softs. Of course, it grips more, but the car feels... well, alien. There's something off about it. It's not wallowy, nor is it slidey, it's just not quite right. The thing is that the front grips up well, but the rear only feels like it grips. What i mean by that is while you think you have grip, you've lost traction ages ago. Combine that with the strange feeling steering and recovering oversteer can even be challenging on straightaways.

With that in the back of my head, i fully upgraded the car's engine, and got the full weight reduction. I figured the weight reduction would help with the handling issues, if at least change the way it drives. Well it does change the handling... but not neccesarily improve. It feels like i'm back on the sports hards, everything just moves a bit faster. It's so unwieldy that it's not only possible to drift, it's easier to drive that way. Yes, that's right; drifting an all-wheel drive car on racing softs. Try that in a GT-R.

Next i tried installing racing suspension, not adjusting anything yet. I got better brakes while i was at it, because while they're not on Veyron level, they're not exactly great. While in the garage, i was shocked to see damping and anti-roll was set to 1 all around. That might explain something...Or so you'd think. The suspension upgrades made little to no difference, and while the car did feel more responsive this only made everything worse. Because while before you could throw it around corners and sail your way around the track, now you have to turn in and hope you'll make it through cause the car snaps terribly, to a point where i don't dare to correct the car. Remember, this is without any tuning.

I'm no tuning expert so i left the tune for what it was, and tried to get a laptime down.
First i tried Tsukuba:
  • 0:59.250, crashed twice due to lack of braking
  • 0:57.879, crashed twice in the exact same places, recovered quicker
  • 0:53.783, binned it in the first corner, made it through the rest unharmed
  • 0:51.438, first clean lap, slightly conservative, starting to think this car is faster if you slide it
  • 0:54.960, figured i'd push it a bit harder, pushed it too hard. flew off once
Next was a bit of a faster track, Fuji speedway F:
  • 1:37.728, kind of getting a feel for the track, drifted off a couple times
  • 1:36.381, cleaner lap but snapped so hard i spun the car, decided to install stock suspension
  • 1:35.026, messy lap but i didn't crash anywhere(for a change)
  • 1:31.333, best lap yet, no crashes and clean-ish driving
  • 1:31.023, like last lap but slightly cleaner
So in conclusion, this is a strange car. It's a Lamborghini first of all, which(aside from the Miura) are hardly used for track racing anyway. The way it drives might explain why. I've never driven the Aventador in GT6 but i can remember it being unwieldy in GT5, though not nearly as unwieldy as this is. At 649 PP i would say it can be competitive if driven/tuned correctly, though i'd personally look for another car. I'm no expert at high PP racing, but if i did race there i wouldn't use this car. I'm sure there's better options out there because 650 PP is a popular category for racing. So would i reccomend this car? Not for racing, definitely for having fun and messing around. The Reventon is anything but a track car, though brilliant for having fun with.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Reventon '08

The Lamborghini Reventon is -in real life- basically a Murcielago with a different body on it. Much like the Murcielago, it has a V12 engine, four-wheel drive, and everything else associated. It just looks different...Or so you would say. In the game, for some inexplicable reason, the Reventon is a much heavier car, weighing in at over 1600 KG. Now, the Murcielago is no featherweight by any stretch of the imagination, but it's lighter, nonetheless. So, is that why you see the Murcielago and Aventador(which is - for the record - a completely different car, not just different on the outside) so much more often?

The car;
  • Is mid engined
  • four wheel drive
  • a coupe(if you can call it that)
  • costing 1.200.000 Cr.
The car in stock form;
  • is rated at 557 PP
  • makes 659 HP
  • makes 659 NM of torque
  • weighs 1665(!) KG
And fully modified;
  • is rated at 643 PP
  • makes 1054 horsepower
  • makes 934 NM of torque
  • weighs 1338 KG

Well, clearly the weight isn't what turns people away from this car. 1.2 million is an insane amount of money, even for a limited production vehicle. It does explain the price tag but it's always been a bummer that PD prices cars like this. The only reason i have the vehicle is because i won it in a seasonal event.

So what's the car like? In stock form, not that great. This car takes floaty to a new level. It comes with sports hards, but they feel like comfort hards. it feels like you're driving a hover craft, it has so little grip. Off the line it's alright but it's downright hard to not slide through corners. In a rear wheel drive car, that's to be expected when you have over 600 horsepower to work with, but for a 4WD machine, oversteer and lack of traction shouldn't be an issue.

So on go the racing softs. Of course, it grips more, but the car feels... well, alien. There's something off about it. It's not wallowy, nor is it slidey, it's just not quite right. The thing is that the front grips up well, but the rear only feels like it grips. What i mean by that is while you think you have grip, you've lost traction ages ago. Combine that with the strange feeling steering and recovering oversteer can even be challenging on straightaways.

With that in the back of my head, i fully upgraded the car's engine, and got the full weight reduction. I figured the weight reduction would help with the handling issues, if at least change the way it drives. Well it does change the handling... but not neccesarily improve. It feels like i'm back on the sports hards, everything just moves a bit faster. It's so unwieldy that it's not only possible to drift, it's easier to drive that way. Yes, that's right; drifting an all-wheel drive car on racing softs. Try that in a GT-R.

Next i tried installing racing suspension, not adjusting anything yet. I got better brakes while i was at it, because while they're not on Veyron level, they're not exactly great. While in the garage, i was shocked to see damping and anti-roll was set to 1 all around. That might explain something...Or so you'd think. The suspension upgrades made little to no difference, and while the car did feel more responsive this only made everything worse. Because while before you could throw it around corners and sail your way around the track, now you have to turn in and hope you'll make it through cause the car snaps terribly, to a point where i don't dare to correct the car. Remember, this is without any tuning.

I'm no tuning expert so i left the tune for what it was, and tried to get a laptime down.
First i tried Tsukuba:
  • 0:59.250, crashed twice due to lack of braking
  • 0:57.879, crashed twice in the exact same places, recovered quicker
  • 0:53.783, binned it in the first corner, made it through the rest unharmed
  • 0:51.438, first clean lap, slightly conservative, starting to think this car is faster if you slide it
  • 0:54.960, figured i'd push it a bit harder, pushed it too hard. flew off once
Next was a bit of a faster track, Fuji speedway F:
  • 1:37.728, kind of getting a feel for the track, drifted off a couple times
  • 1:36.381, cleaner lap but snapped so hard i spun the car, decided to install stock suspension
  • 1:35.026, messy lap but i didn't crash anywhere(for a change)
  • 1:31.333, best lap yet, no crashes and clean-ish driving
  • 1:31.023, like last lap but slightly cleaner
So in conclusion, this is a strange car. It's a Lamborghini first of all, which(aside from the Miura) are hardly used for track racing anyway. The way it drives might explain why. I've never driven the Aventador in GT6 but i can remember it being unwieldy in GT5, though not nearly as unwieldy as this is. At 649 PP i would say it can be competitive if driven/tuned correctly, though i'd personally look for another car. I'm no expert at high PP racing, but if i did race there i wouldn't use this car. I'm sure there's better options out there because 650 PP is a popular category for racing. So would i reccomend this car? Not for racing, definitely for having fun and messing around. The Reventon is anything but a track car, though brilliant for having fun with.
ok thanks

Back