Car Setups - DiRT Rally 2.0

• Thread starter 2Technical
  • 8 comments
England
Tamworth
Hi guys and gals,

My Gamertag is GTR Technical on Steam & Xbox. I will be sharing all the setups I create on DiRT Rally 2.0. So if you cant be bothered or just don't know how to tune then my YouTube channel will eventually be a one stop shop for you.

The plan is to tune every car in the game for every location and have them all capable of at least a top 10 time. (I'm not saying you'll magically get top 10 times with these setups but you can certainly cut some time off your stage times for sure). This however will take some time as I do have a job and family to contend with. My current rate of production is 2 cars per week so if I haven't tuned a car you want yet, rest assured it will be done eventually.

Once a car class is complete I will release a video I'm calling "SHOWDOWN". This will consist of a split screen of my fastest stage runs with all the cars in the class on 1 stage across all locations available at the time.

The current que for cars to be tuned by class is: Group A, H3 RWD, R2, Group B (RWD as well), R4, H2 RWD.
Cars completed before DLC location drops will be picked up after the final DLC location has dropped.

If you like the setups obviously please show your appreciation with a like just so I know I'm still on the right track with the setups.

If you want to keep up to date with the latest setups I've done, either subscribe to my YouTube channel and/or follow me on Twitter.

Good luck on the stages!!

https://www.youtube.com/c/GTRTechnical

https://twitter.com/GTR_Technical

Lancia, the pinnacle of group a, not on dirt rally 2 uh. This game

At least we have that Subaru not being bugged, but still not as good as on dr1. The group a subaru on DR1 with the proper differential setting (very tight on the rear, open biased at the front), and minimum nice spring/damping setup too was by far the most maneuverable car in the entire ****ing game and very fast too.

What a beast Subaru 555 forever man. Keep it high rev

thank you for the set up on the gulf gti tried in Sweden went 8.5 secs faster. still think my G29 is not set up right yet, off throtle braking etc.

If you could share some wheel set up info that would so helpful

On the tarmac physics topic.

Being enough of a while since release playing this game messing with setups, and I still wonder whether the many folks that complain about the tarmac physics actually tune their cars properly, meaning this that your ride height must be as lower as possible (2 or 3 clicks from the left on the front, and just one click more to the right on the rear); very very stiff spring settings both front and rear too, regardless it is a front wheel engine, as well as very stiff damping also balanced both front and rear. Don't forget very locked diffs both accel and decel, and raise the preload a couple of clicks, and rear toe at the very least +1º (usually 4 clicks to the right).

As long as your car is tuned like that for tarmac, physics play perfectly fine in my book and are plenty enjoyable and realistic as well.

The "go softer springs and damping on the rear + don't lower the ride height too much" religious movement for tarmac racing purposes has really done a lot of damage in my humble opinion.

Back