Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,632 views
Ok... Next week how about the deadline be Sunday at 10 PM EST so we can figure out who won and hopefully have the new categories up by midnight?
 
Ok... Next week how about the deadline be Sunday at 10 PM EST so we can figure out who won and hopefully have the new categories up by midnight?

Adding to this, we also need to think of categories in advance because if we win, we'll have them ready and we won't have a delay like this, hopefully.

@Beeblebrox237
 
I have my 5 categories ready for when/if I ever win, lol
 
Adding to this, we also need to think of categories in advance because if we win, we'll have them ready and we won't have a delay like this, hopefully.

@Beeblebrox237
Sorry about that, by the time I'd been confirmed by you I'd gone out for the evening. And with my hangover today I forgot all about this. :guilty:
__________________________________________________

Scavenger hunt redux, round 2

1: Any purple car. An extra point if it cost over £75,000 (or equivalent in your currency) when new.

2: Fastest car, measured by top speed. Must be a production car with no major performance mods.

3: Anything with really tasteless modifications. Something worthy of the questionable mods thread.

4: GT car. A car badged as a "GT." It must have GT in the model name or be the GT trim level.

5: Something British. Vauxhalls don't count.

Bonus: Range Rover Evoque
 
Last edited:
Nice categories!

For those wondering, £75,000 is $123,000.
 
Do new minis count for British?
 
My prediction for the week is I will have 3-5, maybe the bonus car, unlikely for #1 and lol no for #2.
 
I can get 4 out of the 5, the fastest car will be difficult for me since there's still snow.
 
3 will be easy for me. I just have to drive around for a few minutes and I'll see a few worthy of that category. The purple car isn't unlikely, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on seeing one. The others I'm not sure about, but that's good as its a scavenger hunt.

As for the Mini, I don't know that new Minis would count, but perhaps someone else would know better.
 
Those are the only "British" cars I'll see.
 
I saw 3 Jaguar XF's coming to school... And 4 mini coopers.
 
Forgot about jaaags. :banghead:
 
Dealers don't count again right?
 
Will probably see a mini on my way home, higher spec ones get more points?
 
Will probably see a mini on my way home, higher spec ones get more points?

No, only cars that get extra points are purple cars over $123,000.


Edit: @Beeblebrox237 Would all GT abbreviations listed here count or only cars listed as a GT?
 
Only purple high priced one I can think of is a Lambo.
 
I'll try a little harder to join in this time around! The only one that is tricky is number 1... my colour vision is terrible with blues and purples!
 
Edit: @Beeblebrox237 Would all GT abbreviations listed here count or only cars listed as a GT?
Only cars badged as a GT. And it doesn't have to be a proper GT car, it could be any car in a GT trim level. In fact, I don't think most proper GT cars are actually badged as such, so they're not eligible.
 
Last edited:
No, only cars that get extra points are purple cars over $123,000.


Edit: @Beeblebrox237 Would all GT abbreviations listed here count or only cars listed as a GT?
I would say anything with a GT badge should count.
Here's my questionable mods pic.
image.jpg

A Hyundai that's apparently a 4X4.
image.jpg

Cooper
image.jpg

Purple car.
 
Last edited:
Ok, serious question. What if you find a car that is horribly modded, purple, and has a GT badge? Like, it's the most hideous thing you've ever seen. Can that count for 3 categories?
:lol: jk. Here's my purple car (Toyota Camry) and British car. Mini Coopers are too mainstream.
2014-03-25 12.47.55.jpg
2014-03-25 12.47.14.jpg
 
Can barley tell that the Camery is purple.
 
I think I'll wait for the deadline, or till I have them all to post, it gets confusing otherwise!
 
It's possible to have a car for more than one category. I guess it would even be possible to have a car for all five categories.
 
Can barley tell that the Camery is purple.
It may be a very dark blue. I'm slightly colorblind in the navy-purple spectrum. I think I saw 10 Navy cars but that one looked more purple than the others.
 
Hey I actually have a chance here! :D Asides from #2, that ain't happening.
 
Yeah that fast car one will be difficult for me too.
 
I can't take a picture of my mom's Mini, right?
 
Back