Car Spotting Scavenger Hunt Redux. Round Nine on now!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter astrosdude91
  • 1,496 comments
  • 69,563 views
I counted 7 points for both @xXKingJoshXx and @playnthru, assuming that playnthru's "Raiders Charger" counts. If it doesn't, that was the only discrepancy. @dagger311 won the "White Out" with 8 cars.
 
Last edited:
Nobody ever answered if it counted or not..I had backup if anybody questioned it.

Either way, no fuss here.:)
 
I only got three spots this week. Even though I've only submitted once, i'm really enjoying keeping my eyes open and the panicky rush to my phone every time I see a suitable car. Looking forward as always, to this weeks categories :)
 
I counted 7 points for both @xXKingJoshXx and @playnthru, assuming that playnthru's "Raiders Charger" counts. If it doesn't, that was the only discrepancy. @dagger311 won the "White Out" with 8 cars.

Yeah, I must have miscounted. I can put my categories here in about an hour, or @playnthru can submit his first.
 
I don't have anything prepared ATM. I'm fine with being runner-up anyway.:cool:


less work for me..
 
I'll go ahead and post the categories. Please excuse any typos. I'm typing this on my phonre and I don't ave a lot of time to type it.

1. Duct tape fixes everything! Any car with a badly done repair job. ex. duct tape, wooden bumpers, mismatched panels, trash bag windows, unpainted bondo, different types/sizes of wheels, etc.

2. You got that for how much? Any car that is worth 90%+ less than the MSRP. Car must be in acceptable condition,so no large rust spots, dents, missing paint, torn down interior, modifications, etc.

3. I honestly can't think of a name for this one. Get cars in a picture that match the colors of your country's flag. Ex. Americans need a red car, a white car, and a blue car in one picture. One car that is red and another car that is blue and white will not count, for example. It must be 3 cars.

4. What were they thinking? A car.that is just so ugly and/or so pointless it makes you wonder what the manufacturer was thinking/smoking.

5. Gotta go faste. Since the nice weather is here, I'd like to do the car with the highest top speed challenge again. So, this category is about finding the car with the highest top speed. Factory rated top speed is what counts.

Bonus car: Chevrolet Volt / Opel/Vauxhall Ampera


--


Alright, that took way too long to type. Are they OK with everyone?
 
I'll not find very many. Maybe the repair and country colors one, but the rest will be hard.
 
#2 is confusing me.
 
I think the 90% less than MSRP will be the hardest.
 
Hmm I can think of a good #4 car.
 
#2 is confusing me.

If the car is worth less than 90% of its MSRP, then it will count. My Lincoln would count if someone were to spot it.

Example: if a car had a $100,000 MSRP, it would need to be worth less than $10,000


I hope this helps. :)
 
Yes! A bonus car that I can find!
I think I'll find all of these except #5.
 
How about a rolls phantom?
Here's #4
image.jpg

And a bonus volt
image.jpg
 
Last edited:
#3. Colorful Country
20140421_120240.jpg

#4. Stupid manufacturer (pontiac Aztek)
20140421_115727-1.jpg

Bonus
20140421_120923-1.jpg
 
It's weird that the only electric car I've Been seeing lately si the tesla model S. I Didnt participate last week because there was NO chance I'd get a leaf, there probably isn't even one in the whole island. I've seen about 3 volts in a year so maybe I'll get lucky :lol: the other categories are relatively easy.
 
Would this 427 R count for 5?
image.jpg
 
Anything counts for #5. It's the person that posts the fastest one that counts.
 
Guess that'll be my 5 I doubt I'll see anything faster, if I do I'll replace it.
 
I think my fastest would be a Quatroporte. But I have no idea what the speed is...
 
For the last gen wiki said 171.
 
#1 - River Island, lol.
10298560_873001026049225_8443074408927333805_o.jpg


#2 - what about this Lincoln? What's the MSRP of it?
Because I have no idea, it's rare here and was never sold officially.
1559464_873001022715892_20234341680196805_o.jpg


#3 - there, right in the order. :)
10271446_873001019382559_3531197027538331916_o.jpg


#5 - Ferrari 599 GTB.
Top speed: over 330 km/h (205 mph)
1617748_873001029382558_8808606171718381556_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing this can be had for 10% of original price... bit I have no idea what it is.
20140422_123503-1.jpg

P.s. Can someone add me back to the car spotting Club
 
#2 - what about this Lincoln? What's the MSRP of it?
Because I have no idea, it's rare here and was never sold officially.
1559464_873001022715892_20234341680196805_o.jpg

$30,335, but that's a Continental. :)
 
For #5 I'll be getting the STS-V again.
 
With any luck maybe I'll see another Murcielago! :lol: I doubt it. That one was the first one I've ever seen in the wild.
 
Might change my fast car to this
image-jpg.146079

Limited to 155 right? How fast can the Roush 427 R go?
 
Back