car suggestions? 24h nurburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nkordalis
  • 44 comments
  • 5,800 views
Messages
40
iam going to do my 1st gt5 24 hour nurburgring aspec and i am looking for a good car ( excluded FGT & X2010 ) so i can enjoy the ride with it. i would prefer a european car or american because im not a fan of the japan machines. :)
also i want to ask if anyone knows the AI line start for this event?
suggestions please,
thanks
Nick
 
A couple of good ones (handling wise) off the top of my head are the:

Countach with wing OR Countach Gallardo with wing and all aero's.

Ferrari 348 Italia

McLaren 12-C

Any of these handle exceptionally well, and if you don't go nuts in the tuning shop with the horsepower options, they are easy to control and relatively fast. Not to mention VERY hard to get squirrely on you. I personally would keep the Countach and Italia stock if you want a nice run to get the lay of the land as it were.
 
A couple of good ones (handling wise) off the top of my head are the:

Countach with wing OR Countach Gallardo with wing and all aero's.

Ferrari 348 Italia

McLaren 12-C

Any of these handle exceptionally well, and if you don't go nuts in the tuning shop with the horsepower options, they are easy to control and relatively fast. Not to mention VERY hard to get squirrely on you. I personally would keep the Countach and Italia stock if you want a nice run to get the lay of the land as it were.

no chance with this cars @ 24 hr race you need a LMP
 
A couple of good ones (handling wise) off the top of my head are the:

Countach with wing OR Countach Gallardo with wing and all aero's.

Ferrari 348 Italia

McLaren 12-C

Any of these handle exceptionally well, and if you don't go nuts in the tuning shop with the horsepower options, they are easy to control and relatively fast. Not to mention VERY hard to get squirrely on you. I personally would keep the Countach and Italia stock if you want a nice run to get the lay of the land as it were.

you mean Ferrari 548 Italia?
 
Well, I always use either the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, or the BMW V12 LMR Race Car.
Both handle really well once you get to know them, and are crazy fast.
I haven't even fitted racing softs under either of them.

I dunno if a 430 Scuderia will stand any chance, but with racing softs that car is the best ever handling car in GT5 imo.
 
Scratch this - Didn't know you would have to use LMP's!

Lotus Elise 111R RM would be fun, easy enough to control, and have decent tyre wear & fuel economy.

Errrm ... The TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM is also good to drive ... It is relatively light so should give good tyre wear, good fuel consumption aswell if not tuned up (Not 100% on that though :P)
 
Bentely Speed 8 is quite good to drive, don't know if it would win though, would have though so?
 
Bentely Speed 8 is quite good to drive, don't know if it would win though, would have though so?

if i remember well Bentley Speed 8 was the car i used to win 24h le man back to gt4.
nice car!!:)
two choises until now
Bentley Speed 8
peugeot 908
 
if i remember well Bentley Speed 8 was the car i used to win 24h le man back to gt4.
nice car!!:)
two choises until now
Bentley Speed 8
peugeot 908

you have them both?
Just take a practice round around the nurburgring, and make the decision afterwards :)
 
if i remember well Bentley Speed 8 was the car i used to win 24h le man back to gt4.
nice car!!:)
two choises until now
Bentley Speed 8
peugeot 908

If I were you, I would choose the Peugeot. :)
 
you have them both?
Just take a practice round around the nurburgring, and make the decision afterwards :)

unfortunately no!
i must look for bentley in the usd

still no one believe those cars?
ford gt lm race car spec ii or the camaro lm race car?
 
I don't think you could run with either of those tbh mate.

I have a Bentley Speed 8 if you have something good to trade for it?
 
I would run the Sauber, its very fast and handles great for a LM car.
 
Does anyone know what lap times the opposition knock out in this race?
 
I'm not sure, I used the M3 GTR Race Car and average laptimes were between 8:09 and 8:22 (fresh tires vs worn tires) on racing hards. I beat the second placed Audi by 6 minutes in 29 laps time. Around 8:30 probably is what he did.
 
I'm not sure, I used the M3 GTR Race Car and average laptimes were between 8:09 and 8:22 (fresh tires vs worn tires) on racing hards. I beat the second placed Audi by 6 minutes in 29 laps time. Around 8:30 probably is what he did.

Probably your reference is for the 4 hours event not the 24h
m i wrong?
 
unfortunately no!
i must look for bentley in the usd

still no one believe those cars?
ford gt lm race car spec ii or the camaro lm race car?

It's now in the online car dealership.
Expensive though.

I have both cars, so maybe we can make a trade?
 
I'm going to do the 4 hour Ring race later on. What car would make it interesting?

I was thinking of going with Tuscan Speed 6 RM. Guessing that wont be powerful enough though?
 
I'm going to do the 4 hour Ring race later on. What car would make it interesting?

I was thinking of going with Tuscan Speed 6 RM. Guessing that wont be powerful enough though?

Nice car, but you will destroy the competition.
i use this car in my 1st race in nurburgring 4h and lap the field by 1,5 lap.
if you want more challenge choose a car with 400hp max 450hp
 
No one has mentioned the 2005 Audi R8, Team Playstation version, its a very stable LMP
 
Back