Car suggestions for the GT300 event?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sr_snugglzz
  • 28 comments
  • 1,185 views
Messages
14
United States
United States
Messages
sr_snugglzz
Is there a decent GT300 car that would be good for this event?
 
The Subaru BRZ will do just fine.
Do you mean the racing version?
I completed it with the standard GT86, but I did not find that to be a cakewalk...
 
Of course, the GT300 one, not the GT86 Race Car or the GT86 "Racing".
I didn't even mean those, I did it with the production model '86, as fully tuned it got very near the pp requirements.
I'd say the GT300 version will be quite a bit less of a PITA.
 
I used the Ford GT40 Mk IV, lol. It was extremely easy with that car.
 
Lol really?

I used it for the GT300, GT500, and GT3 races and absolutely demolished everything else. For the GT500 series I could install the Turbo kit and it got up to 629PP. It handles really well too, very stable.
 
I used it for the GT300, GT500, and GT3 races and absolutely demolished everything else. For the GT500 series I could install the Turbo kit and it got up to 629PP. It handles really well too, very stable.
I best start saving up my money. I wasted it all on the Bentley Speed 8
 
There's probably better things you can use than spending 20mil on the GT40. I only used it because I have over a dozen sitting around from doing the glitch. You can probably find better cheaper options if you didn't do the glitch and don't already have it.

You can probably use the Bentley Speed 8 and just get it down to the required PP level, and it will probably demolish everything too.
 
There's probably better things you can use than spending 20mil on the GT40. I only used it because I have over a dozen sitting around from doing the glitch. You can probably find better cheaper options if you didn't do the glitch and don't already have it.

You can probably use the Bentley Speed 8 and just get it down to the required PP level, and it will probably demolish everything too.
I'll try lowering the pp on it
 
You can do both gt events with the Nissan GT-R R35 TC. It wins pretty easily
 
Once again the GT-R R35 won all the GT events easy. When you get to the 500's, drop the high rev turbo on it and adjust the PP. The car is very fast, handles like a dream and is easy to control, even for a mug player like me. Give it a go, its great.
 
Once again the GT-R R35 won all the GT events easy. When you get to the 500's, drop the high rev turbo on it and adjust the PP. The car is very fast, handles like a dream and is easy to control, even for a mug player like me. Give it a go, its great.
I'll try it out
 
Or just try a GT300 car, any would do. I personally used the Lexus IS300 stock, no tunes. Plus there's a base version for all the premium ones.
 
Standard Subaru Imprezza GT300 was a good challenge, very close racing with me being +/- 1 second from the 1st or second place car. Lower top speed but better through the corners. Being 4wd was easier to handle.

Motegi was the hardest with its longer straights.
 
Subaru brz r&d sport 12 would be ideal for the gt300 series. With a slight tune it handles like it's on rails so you can lower the pp to make it a harder challenge :)
 
Subaru brz r&d sport 12 would be ideal for the gt300 series. With a slight tune it handles like it's on rails so you can lower the pp to make it a harder challenge :)
So many cars to try lol
 
The Nissan GT-R R34 Touring Car rocks this event! It's 4WD and sticks like glue.
 
the Wedssport Toyota Celica is fast and stable
and a bargain at 200,000
 
Any GT300 car should be fine, IMO the Subaru GT300 Base model is possibly the best of the bunch but any can win with ease.
 
Any GT300 car should be fine, IMO the Subaru GT300 Base model is possibly the best of the bunch but any can win with ease.

Yep, thats what I used too. Very close racing series, usually won by a very small margin. Great car, right out of the box and with some of that magic GT Auto oil.

However, I don't understand the mindset of those suggesting a non-GT300 car. Sure, you can wipe the floor with a detuned Speed 8 or a GT40, but where's the challenge in that?

Seems the point of the SuperGT 300/500 & Group GT3 (probably others that slip my mind at the moment) events was to encourage you to choose a car within said class, to be on a level field of competition.

It's bad enough with the new "I'll suddenly lose a 22-second lead on the last lap!" A.I... But that's a whole 'nother story.

But then again, I'm not the type of gamer who ran a X2010 in 24 hr enduros on GT5 to park for the last six hours.

To each their own, I guess.
 
I like to make the races interesting myself. I used the Subaru GT300 in the GT300 events and the 550PP Touring car events, I also did not take it anywhere near max PP for those events and found that only one race was really that close Tokyo in the 550pp Touring cars was hard to win in that car due to how fast the GT3 cars were on the straights. When I crossed the line the A4 was on his way past and the BMW was on my bumper.

In GT5 I did use the X1 in one of the endurance races, just because I could do the race quicker and had no real interest in driving it with anything slower. I knew I could win it with a GT car but it would take a lot longer and I just wanted to get it over with. The race was I think 1000km Suzuka. I figure I was able to shave about 2 hours or more off the total race time using that car but it was very boring.

In GT6 I have tried to stay well below the PP allowed and as a result have lost a lot of races but had a ton more fun in the process
 
However, I don't understand the mindset of those suggesting a non-GT300 car. Sure, you can wipe the floor with a detuned Speed 8 or a GT40, but where's the challenge in that?


Like you mentioned, to a certain extent no matter how slow or fast you drive or how many mistakes you make, the AI will wait for you to catch up near the end anyway. So since there is no challenge either way, I might as well use the fastest car I can get away with and get the race over with more quickly. Since single player GT mode has been a disappointment yet again, I'm only playing for completion now. For me, the ship has long sailed for the single player racing in this game to actually be fun. I'd probably have more fun with this game if all the single player events were license tests and mission races, with much less generous gold times and SRF forced off of course.
 
I just love RE Ameniya Asparadrink
 
I bought the GT 300 BRZ like many others. I got first in all the races on the first try except Twin Ring. I only managed bronze there. Needless to say I golded the championship. I'll go back and redo Twin Ring tonight. I kept the car bone stock. It's a little slower on the long straights and other cars will pass you but you catch and keep the lead in the twisties. I had to block the faster cars on the final straight before the finish on a few of the courses.

-J
 
Last edited:
I used the Impreza GT300 Base Model, with the right setup you just destroy the AI no trouble. Any of the GT300 cars, untuned, will easily win the series.
 
Back