Car to use in rally under special

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tacula
  • 29 comments
  • 3,115 views
Messages
89
Messages
tacula
Messages
tacula
What's a good car to use in gran turismo rally under special events don't want to waste money on just something I'll use once
 
The Alfa Romeo 147 is a good FWD car you can use for the first rally, as well as the euro hot hatch and festival italia events. I'm sure it would qualify for others like a bunch of the beginner ones as well.
 
I use the Lancia Delta. Good car for the money. Can be upgrade to compete in a few more events in A/B-spec.
 
AGREE!! YOu need a AWD car!!

I housed it in a Focus ST170 FWD car.... however I did go to rally racing school (in real life) in a FWD Fiesta so I may have an unfair advantage hehehe.

Overall having rallied cars in real life I don't like the feel of this game, dirt is just way too slippery here, real life the car digs in, and the slides are more controlled. In GT5 the dirt is more like snow in real life, and the snow is like ice!
 
Nah, I'm going 80's B-spec RWD all the way, will start out with my Peugeot 205 Turbo 16, then hopefully I can afford a Lancia Delta.. the Turbo + Supercharged Mid engine RWD one in the used car lot.

Hopefully I can handle it... rally has been damn easy in the licenses, got gold first try on the two tests I've done. I have to agree with the above that the dirt feels way too slippery... there's no dig in at all, it's like skating on ice.
 
I used the 86 Celica GT-4 tuned to 244hp did great. and I like it a lot

+1 Tommy the dirt is way slippery.
 
Lancia Delta for Beginner

Impreza for Medium

Group b Delta for Advanced
 
i used a Lancia Delta Integrale, didnt get on with it and just used my tuned Mini Cooper S with dirt tires. Worked much better for me.
 
I used a volkswagen bora 4motion...yes awd somehow got away with it.
 
Dammit, cannot do the novice one in a RWD FT86 Concept '09 ;P I have to actually BUY something appropriate, which means I have to grind more :P

Don't get the 147 and then do its oil and engine overhaul just 'cos it's used. Instantly disqualified it and now there's none in the used car lot :(

147 Twin Spark w. engine mods- golded every novice event almost on first sight. FF makes things almost too easy if you can feel the front grip slipping, like you can in the snow :)
 
Last edited:
Pug 205 Turbo smoked to gold on all 3 for me :D cheapish too!
 
You can win the Lancia Delta in the Gallardo trophy, if you wanna save some money instead of purchasing it 👍
 
Any suggestions on the best car for intermediate? Ive been trying to do it with my 323hp Ford RS200 but to no avail...
 
For the beginner event i bought a used Lancer Evolution GSR and put a Close speed 6 speed box on it. For Tarmac event i used an Elise 111R with mild engine tuning.
For the Intermediate event use an Impreza or EVO. If you use Lancer EVO be sure to upgrade the Differential (GSR models)
The Lancer EVO RS models have proper LSD's
 
beginner I used a mitsu 3000GT and only bought tires and upgraded the BHP to the maximum allowed, intermediate I used the Citroen WRC car unmodded (was too easy), advanced stage also the Citroen WRC car

The Citroen WRC is won after golding the Loeb challenge at lvl 16, so no need to spend a lot of money to complete them ;)
 
Beginner: My original '97 Civic, tuned to around 215bhp and 850kg
Intermediate: C4 WRC '08
Expert: C4 WRC '08

If you can gold the Loeb Challenges before you run the rally events you get a C4 WRC as a prize car... makes doing the rally events a doddle and saves you loads of upgrade costs on a road going AWD car.
 
Beginner: Lotus Elise
Intermediate: C4 WRC
Advanced: Lancia S4

The rally series was pathetically easy, even the advanced stages i finished +1minute and over
 
02 Focus RS

Fast and easy to driver for the beginner rally.
 
I had to use the Mugen civic to beat the tarmac stage. finished with about a 4 point spread.
 
Beginner: Lotus Elise
Intermediate: C4 WRC
Advanced: Lancia S4

The rally series was pathetically easy, even the advanced stages i finished +1minute and over

You aren´t talking about the special rally races? I find the loeb challenge absolutely impossible. Got bronze quite easy on the first but eiger and chamonix I have no idea how to make it? General tips. I am a big rally nut and while I am certainly not an ace either I have all the hardware needed to be fast ;). But I don´t quite understand how the rally physics work in GT 5. Sometimes it feels like it´s more effective using the hand brake in high speed turns to get the car from sliding to much then brake, lift off throttle? It´s not really a proper racing technique but maybe trying to keep it real is limiting my progress?

What aids could be helpful except for ABS? Do you have it at full 10 or low like 1?
 
Beginner: Lotus Elise
Intermediate: C4 WRC
Advanced: Lancia S4

The rally series was pathetically easy, even the advanced stages i finished +1minute and over

Well when you bring a 50 caliber gun to a knife fight its gonna be easy. I personally don't find doing it that way fun at all. Try it with a decent FWD car of some sort like a Focus or an Alfa 147 similar to what your competition has in it.

You aren´t talking about the special rally races? I find the loeb challenge absolutely impossible. Got bronze quite easy on the first but eiger and chamonix I have no idea how to make it? General tips. I am a big rally nut and while I am certainly not an ace either I have all the hardware needed to be fast ;). But I don´t quite understand how the rally physics work in GT 5. Sometimes it feels like it´s more effective using the hand brake in high speed turns to get the car from sliding to much then brake, lift off throttle? It´s not really a proper racing technique but maybe trying to keep it real is limiting my progress?

What aids could be helpful except for ABS? Do you have it at full 10 or low like 1?

I've actually gone to rally driving school and this game does not seem to model rally very well at all. The car physics are good but the dirt/gravel surfaces are way more slippery than in real life (and Snow is like Ice which it totally is not). You can't use the surface and steering to slow the car down the way you can IRL. For the life of me I can't get the cars in this game to behave the way a real car does and have had to alter my driving style just to complete the events.
 
The Rally in this game gets a 0 for road feel and realism IMO. RBR, Dirt 1 not 2 or Colin McRae 2005 I think that's the number I forget the actual year on it. Those are light years ahead of GT5 on the Rally aspect, yes they are actual Rally sims but still they are not claiming to be "Real Driving Simulators" either. I mean the Rally in GT5 is fun but very arcade ish in every sense from how wide the tracks are, and how the cars handle, this is not Rally at all. I'm very surprised that Seb Loeb put his name behind this to tell you the truth. But I guess money talks and BS walks right.
 
Beginner: My original '97 Civic, tuned to around 215bhp and 850kg
Intermediate: C4 WRC '08
Expert: C4 WRC '08

If you can gold the Loeb Challenges before you run the rally events you get a C4 WRC as a prize car... makes doing the rally events a doddle and saves you loads of upgrade costs on a road going AWD car.

Sound good but is there a choice for the Loeb Challenge and if so what is best for that.
 
Surprisingly, the Toyota FT-86 Concept is pretty amazing on the beginner tier.
 
Back