• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 456 comments

breakpoint

Return of the Krugen
Premium
United States
Huntsville, Alabama.
LEGION138
A friend sent me an invite for the game Car Town on facebook the other day so I figured meh, why not try it. It's kind of a fun game because you can drag race your friends and customize your cars and all. I just learned that you can do custom graphics so I downloaded a template of both of my rides and threw them in photoshop and went to work. Here's my Pinto and Dodge ram, I think I'm fixing to do the Ram with mud all over it today:dopey: Anyone else play this? If so and you want to add me on facebook to have another person that plays send me a pm and I will add you, there is only a few people I am friends with that play it so any other people that do play would be gladly accepted. The template I got for the Ram wasn't right so some of my stuff got cut off and wasn't correct:ouch:

I play Car Town also, I am (almost) at Level 26. PM me if you want to play. Remember that you can add someone in FB and delete them from your friendslist and still be able to play the game with them. If you send a FB request be sure to put in the message you are from GTP so you won't be accidently deleted.

If you want the Falken template PM me and I will send it to you, I don't think it will work correctly after posting it on Photobucket!

Jeff_Falken.jpg

gf1RZ.png

jeff_garage_25.jpg

Last edited:
I play. I'm only level 14, but I have $109,408. I've been saving up for the '69 GTR since I started. No really plan for it or anything, I just want it.

I'm at lvl 24. I started playing since I saw it on Autoblog. I made 4 custom liveries so far, and ignored people asking for template :lol:

40464101502480068505217.jpg

Wow, I can say I'm actually surprised to see that anyone replied and plays it! Hardly anyone on my list on FB plays it, it is completely full of farmville people. I play farmville out of bordem, I actually started playing it because I told my wife I could be a higher level than her in 2 weeks and she said I couldn't, well I did and now I am a level 102 and she is maybe 60...lol.

@jswilli1
Did you make the livery or download it from somewhere? If you made it then good on ya, it looks nice. I thought mine looked ok, but then after seeing that it makes mine look like a turd....lol.

All of them posted look good to me, I think I'm only about a level 9 now. I have only been playing for about a week and a half.

Wow, I can say I'm actually surprised to see that anyone replied and plays it! Hardly anyone on my list on FB plays it, it is completely full of farmville people. I play farmville out of bordem, I actually started playing it because I told my wife I could be a higher level than her in 2 weeks and she said I couldn't, well I did and now I am a level 102 and she is maybe 60...lol.

@jswilli1
Did you make the livery or download it from somewhere? If you made it then good on ya, it looks nice. I thought mine looked ok, but then after seeing that it makes mine look like a turd....lol.

All of them posted look good to me, I think I'm only about a level 9 now. I have only been playing for about a week and a half.

I got the Falken Livery off the CarTown site a few weeks back, it was provided by Falken. I attempted a Livery on the Mustang, but have been too busy to finish it. (I was doing it at work and only had paint to work with!) I have a MAC at home, I'm sure there is something better to create the Liveries with on it.

I just reached Level 26 and got the '67 Mustang Fastback! ($70,000)

I got on FB and accepted your request and went to your wall and immediately got a taco truck! Thanks mate! I haven't been able to get the test drive vehicle that was offered right after I started playing or any other special vehicles like the ice cream truck and all because nobody on my list really plays it but a few.

I got on FB and accepted your request and went to your wall and immediately got a taco truck! Thanks mate! I haven't been able to get the test drive vehicle that was offered right after I started playing or any other special vehicles like the ice cream truck and all because nobody on my list really plays it but a few.

Cool! I have posted all three Trucks in the past. I thought the Taco Truck had been taken, I know the Ice Cream and Milk trucks are gone by now.

I've been playing this too. Sad thing is I'll probably have to give the R34 back!

I think I might start playing this again, I stopped because I played when it was brand new and it lags like hell on my laptop. Might go off to the desktop now and play it :).

Ive just played it since that post, nearly 5 hours!!

40985_1589603265493_1398181823_1595451_6573226_n.jpg

44523_1589552264218_1398181823_1595349_4962819_n.jpg

Im only level 8 :).
The monster stickers failed cause it was a 5 minute job and something happened.

Is there any way to hire workers without having to invite your friends. I hate spamming my mates with facebook games they have no interest in.

Is there any way to hire workers without having to invite your friends. I hate spamming my mates with facebook games they have no interest in.

When you hire them it doesn't invite them to the game at all which is cool:) I dressed up one of my mates in pigtails and a pink skirt:dopey:

Should of seen my face when I realised you don't need to accept the cars on the road and you can just click on an empty bay to start any job.

Should of seen my face when I realised you don't need to accept the cars on the road and you can just click on an empty bay to start any job.

Haha, well it took me about a week to figure that one out so your not alone:ouch:

Ok I've got another question for you guys. I've bought a couple of air hockey tables and noticed they have timers on, do I have to collect the money like you need to with the cars ie. will it disappear after a certain time?

EDIT: Ok I've seen that you need to collect. Will the money build up over time or will it just sit at $13 until I collect?

Last edited:
I'm not really sure on that one, I bought some vending machines and didn't play the game for a week and came back and collected the money just fine so I'm assuming its not like with people leaving without paying.

I just spent 30 mins or so making my milk truck a nice Guinness truck:tup: Got to show my love, what took so long was giving it depth, shadow lines and all that good stuff so it isn't just flat looking. The cars have zero depth, its just blank templates:tdown:

Sorry, just realized I double posted....doh!

I'm not really sure on that one, I bought some vending machines and didn't play the game for a week and came back and collected the money just fine so I'm assuming its not like with people leaving without paying.

As I've just found out, it sits at the given amount until collected. So in the case of my Air Hockey tables, they sit at $13 which is what they produce in 9 mins. That sucks.

I think racing with neighbors is the easiest way to make money, but you need to add some people who really play the CT everyday. For the jobs, fast job means higher profit, so I always do car wash when I have time to play. Then I pick slow job when I am away.

FYI, job earning collection period is the same length as the job itself, so if you do a car wash, make sure you come back to collect the money no more than 10 mins after, or the customer will leave without paying. High end jobs cost money but with slightly more profit and xp.

Damn this game is addictive already. I'm trying to gain as much cash as possible to buy some nicer cars. Currently I only have my Beetle which I put some rubbish rusted hood on.

screenshot20100821at230.png

I'd like a car with a bit more scope for liveries. With the beetle it's rust or Herbie. Franz your Martini beetle is amazing.

:lol:
I think racing with neighbors is the easiest way to make money, but you need to add some people who really play the CT everyday. For the jobs, fast job means higher profit, so I always do car wash when I have time to play. Then I pick slow job when I am away.

FYI, job earning collection period is the same length as the job itself, so if you do a car wash, make sure you come back to collect the money no more than 10 mins after, or the customer will leave without paying. High end jobs cost money but with slightly more profit and xp.
I noticed yesterday that you can only race friends 10 times per day :/.

To everyone here, doing the Car Wash over and over one after another is the fastest way to level up and make money (other than racing). I have a friend who is level 31 with 70k xp and he said he used Car Washes. I worked as much out myself but now you guys know.

EDIT:
44705_1590326803581_1398181823_1597626_7627638_n.jpg

I didn't get this in the test drive, I actually have bought it for 22k.

Last edited:
The car wash is for sure the fastest way for xp and money. I have been working on photoshop trying to make my custom cars have more depth and shine look to them. Its not hard but takes a while to do. Its allot of dodging and all to make body lines basically so the car doesn't look flat, just highlights and all. You can look at the milk truck I made a Guinness truck I posted here and see all the shadowing and highlights I did to make it have some good depth to it. If you make your own livery post it up so everyone can see it! If you downloaded the livery then you can show it, just don't take credit for it please:rolleyes: If anyone needs help in making custom skins let me know and I will help you out all I can:tup: I'm working on my dodge ram right now, I skinned it in digital camo all over but that was easy, just a copy and resize and paste. I'm going to do some highlights and shading and add other custom things to it to make it more professional looking:)

EDIT: I have sent a few people PM's with my facebook link to add me if they wanted some more people to play with, if you want to add me to have another bloke to play with feel free. If you do just include a message telling me you are "insert user name here" from GTP so I will know what its about and not ignore it:)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000551473853

Last edited:
Back