car with lsd 50-80?

• Thread starter karma996
  • 5 comments
Italy
Torino
karma996
Hello guys , there is a list with all cars that have the limited slip differential as standard 50-80-0 ?

(sorry - wrong section.... mod can move this thread to the drift section?)

Last edited:
Hello guys , there is a list with all cars that have the limited slip differential as standard 50-80-0 ?

(sorry - wrong section.... mod can move this thread to the drift section?)

All the karts will have, in effect, a 100% locked up differential. That is why karts have a flexible frames and large castor angles to unload the inside rear tire during cornering.

I think it's supposed to simulate speed sensitive differentials (viscous) and torque sensing differentials (Torsen).
I don't know of a list though.

All the karts will have, in effect, a 100% locked up differential.
Not sure what that has to do with this?

That is why karts have a flexible frames and large castor angles to unload the inside rear tire during cornering.
How would that work? Castor only applies to the front wheels.

How would that work? Castor only applies to the front wheels.
Karts have LARGE castor angles. Castor causes the spindle to describe an arc not in the plane of the frame when the wheel is turned. The wheel rises or falls with respect to the frame, thus causing the corresponding tire on the opposite corner to load or unload from the pavement, the action being modulated by frame stiffness.

Karts have LARGE castor angles. Castor causes the spindle to describe an arc not in the plane of the frame when the wheel is turned. The wheel rises or falls with respect to the frame, thus causing the corresponding tire on the opposite corner to load or unload from the pavement, the action being modulated by frame stiffness.
So the extreme caster literally lifts the inside rear wheel off the ground?
I can see how that would be effective as it is in many hot hatches, but wouldn't that mess up the balance on the front?

Anyway, I don't think the 50-80-0 is supposed to simulate a locked differential.
It's typically found on cars with torque or speed sensing differentials.

Back