• 45 comments

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
If you’re like me, you like/love carbon fiber. A whole car covered in carbon fiber, a carbon fiber hood..maybe a lip? Or any other parts and details. There’s no universal recipe to tasty carbon.

Now that we finally have a few different carbon "paints", it would be nice to see what creations you all come up with. Any livery with just a tiny piece of that carbon paint is welcome here.

I can start, I already shared this one in another thread but eh, why not. The mirrors and headlight is carbon on this one(and roll cage, obviously. Wish I could have that in liquid metallic, though).

1BC665C6-2867-44E6-812D-94F0F48CE655.jpeg

The only sad thing is that the whole car has to be painted in carbon in order to work. Odd decision by PD, but I guess we can’t complain(too much).

With that said, start showing off that carbon!

P.S.: Livery replicas from NFS Carbon doesn’t belong here. ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Something I did once I got the R8 LMS Evo was make a very basic stealth model of it using the carbon paint chip. It’s something I wanted to do since I heard that was an option.

Also threw the Evo II body kit on it, which is neat because I think this is the only Gr.3 car in the game with aero parts available to purchase.

But yeah wow really doesn’t make you miss using those carbon decals in Sport at all, in GT7 cars with bare carbon paint chips, or close to it, look absolutely stunning. It’s really incredible stuff this texture.

602A554E-FB92-412B-9BEB-E45468D0D372.png

5CCFB68D-D2E5-4CED-8976-B3C794E1701C.png

Last edited:
Love me a carbon-based livery. Made loads on Sport, using the K3 matte and a semi-transparent carbon weave decal set to gloss, to make a semi-gloss carbon finish. With carbon as a base layer in the editor this makes things SO MUCH EASIER! Can't wait to get stuck into some carbon liveries.

These carbon paints make our lives much easier!

Still waiting for a R34 for my Carbon R of course, but I've made a couple of things with these paints already.

Some others are still work in progress.
As everyone agree, it's a shame we can't paint only certain parts of the cars in order to put special paints on the other ones but it's a good start.

Last edited:
Guys, check this out incase you didn’t know. It sucks that we can’t apply carbon individually to certain parts of the car and mix with other “Special Paint” but one workaround is using decals to cover parts of the car you don’t want in carbon. Say for example you only want the hood & spoiler in carbon you just place a circle over Body panel and stretch it out. Then use the angle adjustment and put both options to +10. It’ll cover the entire body. I know this isn't ideal as using decals for paint does not give the same uniqueness of the different special paint types, but it's better than nothing until maybe PD adjust this nonsense and allow us to paint parts in CF separately. One theory I had about why this is like this right now is possibly because maybe they tested it on PS4 and it was too intense for the PS4 to handle multiple cars with this texture at once? Who knows.

Now! I also messed around with the idea of having PAINTED CARBON! And it worked! I painted this F12berlinetta in Carbon Twill and then placed a maroon/brown decal over the body and lowered opacity to 50%. Painted carbon is cool 😎

82977D0C-FBA2-41C6-8B3A-CF13CB6D27E6.jpeg
412E31E1-4253-4D3F-A7F4-24908F6CB727.jpeg
B2AE7052-A59D-4DA4-8C70-20307CAA84FC.jpeg
23573A83-4BAE-4A06-8EF7-FE9FC624B3F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys, check this out incase you didn’t know. It sucks that we can’t apply carbon individually to certain parts of the car and mix with other “Special Paint” but one workaround is using decals to cover parts of the car you don’t want in carbon. Say for example you only want the hood & spoiler in carbon you just place a circle over Body panel and stretch it out. Then use the angle adjustment and put both options to +10. It’ll cover the entire body. I know this isn't ideal as using decals for paint does not give the same uniqueness of the different special paint types, but it's better than nothing until maybe PD adjust this nonsense and allow us to paint parts in CF separately. One theory I had about why this is like this right now is possibly because maybe they tested it on PS4 and it was too intense for the PS4 to handle multiple cars with this texture at once? Who knows.

Now! I also messed around with the idea of having PAINTED CARBON! And it worked! I painted this F12berlinetta in Carbon Twill and then placed a maroon/brown decal over the body and lowered opacity to 50%. Painted carbon is cool 😎

View attachment 1130150View attachment 1130151View attachment 1130152View attachment 1130153
Can you manually adjust decal opacity now? I was under the impression you have to use a decal uploaded at a set opacity... ??

Can you manually adjust decal opacity now? I was under the impression you have to use a decal uploaded at a set opacity... ??
Yes with GT7's livery editor they've added the ability to adjust opacity of individual decals manually. It's really a nice feature.

Say for example you only want the hood & spoiler in carbon you just place a circle over Body panel and stretch it out. Then use the angle adjustment and put both options to +10. It’ll cover the entire body
That's exactly what I did with my Focus RS already posted here. :)

I also did quite the same for my Silvia Touring Car (little bit more complicated as there's not only the hood kept in carbon)

And that's what I thought about too when I saw we could change the opacity! :D
My Stealth liveries would never be the same! :embarrassed:

I tried in white but it made an ugly grey so I kept the stripes in carbon and turned back the decal opacity to 100% on this one.

Last edited:
Wonder if I should make myself a "wood fiber" car 🤔

View attachment 1132767
You should do some "wood burning" on it. hot iron kinda stuff, or pyrography.
Maybe like a wood carving company, or someone who makes cutting boards or chairs.
It'd be cool to see the darkened branding of something on there. Probably just need a little gradient to give the look.

Last edited:
You should do some "wood burning" on it. hot iron kinda stuff, or pyrography.
Maybe like a wood carving company, or someone who makes cutting boards or chairs.
It'd be cool to see the darkened branding of something on there. Probably just need a little gradient to give the look.
Gradient and emboss. Just what my program of choice dislikes to make work for GT :D love the idea though

Latest Posts

Back