Carbon fiber appreciation thread

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 45 comments
Managed to finally get some colours onto carbon thanks to reading this thread, so thanks.
Used my P1 to experiment on and this was the outcome of my first attempt...
180bee3dafc80-screenshotUrl.jpg
180bee3279051-screenshotUrl.jpg
180bee368b591-screenshotUrl.jpg

Does anyone else find it a bit stupid that the roll cage becomes carbon as well. 🤦
Yes. It only affects certain cars, some of the older Gr.4 / 3 cars don't change at all.

I'd rather the cage was non-paintable or in a seperate section entirely and limited to flat colours like the windscreen banner backgrounds.

Also worth noting that on some cars, cage colour also changes the interior where the shell is exposed (This is a blessing and a curse).

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to put some colour over carbon on an R5 GT Turbo, as you can see in the photo even though I'm using the same colour and opacity it's coming out a different shade and it's really annoying as I have no idea why...Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
180ebfe770686-screenshotUrl.jpg

Yes with GT7's livery editor they've added the ability to adjust opacity of individual decals manually. It's really a nice feature.
Did they remove this feature? I can't find it anywhere in livery editor.

Still annoying that we can't just paint individual parts of the car with the prebuilt carbon fiber assets. Makes CF work much more bothersome than it should be.

Guys, check this out incase you didn’t know. It sucks that we can’t apply carbon individually to certain parts of the car and mix with other “Special Paint” but one workaround is using decals to cover parts of the car you don’t want in carbon. Say for example you only want the hood & spoiler in carbon you just place a circle over Body panel and stretch it out. Then use the angle adjustment and put both options to +10. It’ll cover the entire body. I know this isn't ideal as using decals for paint does not give the same uniqueness of the different special paint types, but it's better than nothing until maybe PD adjust this nonsense and allow us to paint parts in CF separately. One theory I had about why this is like this right now is possibly because maybe they tested it on PS4 and it was too intense for the PS4 to handle multiple cars with this texture at once? Who knows.

Now! I also messed around with the idea of having PAINTED CARBON! And it worked! I painted this F12berlinetta in Carbon Twill and then placed a maroon/brown decal over the body and lowered opacity to 50%. Painted carbon is cool 😎

View attachment 1130150View attachment 1130151View attachment 1130152View attachment 1130153
Pretty awesome that

Back