Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

  • Thread starter Thread starter trk29
  • 17 comments
  • 4,120 views
Messages
2,586
Messages
trk29
Why doesn't adding this part decrease the weight of your car? Is this something that PD didn't think about?
 
Fact is its not neccessarily much of a decrease in the real world, but yes, it still would be enough to add to the game.
 
I can't remember for sure but I thought it decreased your weight in previous GT titles.
 
It didn't in GT2 ... I don't remember if it did in GT3 or GT4 ...
 
Why doesn't adding this part decrease the weight of your car? Is this something that PD didn't think about?

apparently, in forza even a smaller clutch loses you a kg or two.
 
installing lightweight race rims have no effect on total vehicle weight either, but in saying that has anyone noticed a difference in performance when using these supposedly lightweight rims?
 
installing lightweight race rims have no effect on total vehicle weight either, but in saying that has anyone noticed a difference in performance when using these supposedly lightweight rims?

Nope, I'm pretty sure those are in there for looks more than anything. But I do enjoy that they added that.
 
I was thinking the same thing, though I couldn't remember now if this had impact on weight in previous GT games.
 
Tuning parts are mostly made of lighter materials so decreasing (at least) some weight would definitely help performing the care even better.
I mean what's the point of having 3 stages of weight reduction when you don't see it back at your car? for example in FM3 or even in NFS Shift, reducing weight by taking out the fancy interior and installing a race cockpit with just one seat makes perfect sense and is also visible after the upgrade has been bought, I don't see that in GT5...
After buying all 3 weight reductions there is no visible change with the car.
But I guess PD finds it more important to add 1000+ cars to the game then creating just half that much, but then do it properly... What a shame !!
 
Youre right stage 3 should definitely have a gutted interior that would be cool.
 
Yes you would think that adding (taking away) weight reduction stages you might see a physical change in the car. That is one thing I was hoping for but sadly they did not implement.

So if there is no weight reduction by adding this driveshaft I don't really see the point in spending the credits and installing it in my cars. Unless it helps you get more power to the wheels which I doubt it does then it shouldn't even be a option in the game.

This part should probably be in the weight reduction category of tuning and it should decrease the total weight of your car or they should take the feature out because you are spending credits for no reason.
 
I think the carbon driveshaft should actually take a little load off the engine turning it therefore it should have a small performance gain as well as weight saving.
 
The weight of the car should gain a few kg... When you but aero parts
 
The weight of the car should gain a few kg... When you but aero parts

true. adding aero part also gives you a certain amount of free ugliness !! why would I ruin my beautiful Alfa Romeo 8C by adding a spoiler as large as Belgium just so that I can add downforce to it... But that was not the discussion now was it ?
 
Youre right stage 3 should definitely have a gutted interior that would be cool.

same as forza has, stage 1 through to 3 you can see bits being removed, then when you add the rollcage it looks cool
 
What you guys want is a hybrid of Forza and GT5. Sure it'd be great, but they are two completely different design directions. Forza is about customisation, GT5 is about driving.
 
that's a great idea !! maybe PD and the guys from Turn10 can collaborate and create a game that comes to PS3 and XBOX360.
but that is so much unlikely to happen, it's like combining delicious sushi and wacking on a slice of grilled beef and then dipping it in barbecue sauce. both are great meals but combined it is just not to enjoy...
 
Back