Carbon fiber bonnet

• Thread starter jeffdesign
  • 9 comments
Canada
Canada
There are a way to have a carbon fiber bonnet?

We have the carbon fiber paint but we can just use it for full paint. Impossible the apply it to simple part. WTF.

There are a way to have a carbon fiber bonnet?

We have the carbon fiber paint but we can just use it for full paint. Impossible the apply it to simple part. WTF.
Yes, PD hates us and you can only use it for the whole car because of reasons.

Usually when you paint the full car any colour, it then gives you the option for certain parts. I think they call the hood 'Body 2' from memory. Have you tried that, or is the CF paint not an option within that?

Usually when you paint the full car any colour, it then gives you the option for certain parts. I think they call the hood 'Body 2' from memory. Have you tried that, or is the CF paint not an option within that?
Not allowed. You get a pop-up saying it can only be used to paint the entire car.

The workaround for this is simply painting the entire car with the CF, then wrapping the rest of the body with a primitive shape (like a square) so that it becomes the color you want. However, you can only do solid or matte colors at that point. It is in fact a really stupid design decision.

The workaround for this is simply painting the entire car with the CF, then wrapping the rest of the body with a primitive shape (like a square) so that it becomes the color you want. However, you can only do solid or matte colors at that point. It is in fact a really stupid design decision.
Yeah this is the workaround I've been doing since launch and while not ideal, the semi-gloss decal material makes the car have a somewhat satin-like finish which I can kinda tolerate. It doesn't beat actual quality paintjobs by a longshot though.

Really an odd design decision by PD on this one. Maybe it has something to do with the game being crossgen and PS4 not being able to handle carbonfiber mixed with another high quality paintjob at once or something. But even that doesn't really make sense, because painting over the car with decals is almost the same thing and it lets you do that so what gives.

Latest Posts

Back