Carbon fiber paints, whats the point?

• Thread starter Pat_f40
  • 21 comments
Spain
Alcañiz
Pat_f40
Pat_f40
What is the point with the carbon fiber paint if we can only paint the hole car with it?

This is really very poorly thought from PD... I actually can't believe they did it this way. Make really no sense all the new livery/color/paint editor.

What do you think? I hope it gets addressed ASAP.

What is the point with the carbon fiber paint if we can only paint the hole car with it?

This is really very poorly thought from PD... I actually can't believe they did it this way. Make really no sense all the new livery/color/paint editor.

When you paint a car, you can chose which parts you want to paint (Body, Body 2, Side Mirrors, Rear Wing, Other) so if you want a carbon bonnet for example, you use the carbon paint on ‘Body 2’ and paint the rest of the car whatever colour you like. It’s as simple as that.

It’s weird that they included carbon as a “paint colour” but it’s not the end of the world.

When you paint a car, you can chose which parts you want to paint (Body, Body 2, Side Mirrors, Rear Wing, Other) so if you want a carbon bonnet for example, you use the carbon paint on ‘Body 2’ and paint the rest of the car whatever colour you like. It’s as simple as that.

It’s weird that they included carbon as a “paint colour” but it’s not the end of the world.
I will re-check later but when you paint the car, at the begging, you can only paint the hole car, not just the part you want...

I will re-check later but when you paint the car, at the begging, you can only paint the hole car, not just the part you want...
No you most definitely can choose the area of the car that you want to paint. I've personally tried doing it for hood. You can press down on R3 (I think) and the game highlights the panels that it will apply to.

When you initially paint a car, you paint the whole vehicle. After that, you can paint specific areas. You could paint the car any color and then paint the hood with carbon. Conversely, you could paint the whole car in carbon and then paint or decal over the other areas whatever color you like leaving carbon where you did not paint (or decal over).

Last edited:
TIL you can format new threads as questions. with voteable answers.

I agree the carbon fiber paint chip is a good idea gone terribly wrong. We all know that we've wanted to paint small bits and pieces of the car carbon fiber - mirrors, rear wing - for years, and now that they finally give us carbon fiber paints in various textures to allow us to paint individual parts...they block it. Only allowed to paint the entire car.

This needs to be fixed in an update, it defeats the purpose of having carbon fiber paint. We want to be able to create shiny metallic orange car with carbon fiber spoilers and lips and you can only do that by allowing painting of individual parts.

@jimihemmy @Strittan that's not true with carbon fiber paint, thus why this thread exists. You can only paint the entire car carbon fiber and cannot mix it with paint on any other parts. You can use decals over carbon fiber paint...but decals don't come in metallic textures like paint does.

Last edited:
Told You So Comedy GIF by NETFLIX

The painting system are a bit weird. Having to paint the whole car before being able to paint some part are ridiculous.

If I want to keep the OEM paint and paint the others paint in and other OEM paint. I have to by the 2 OEM colors, paint my car with SAME color they already have.

Using the decal is impossible because we can't use the OEM paint.

Every thing become more strange with the Carbon color. what the hell they think.

I had a carbon fiber hood on my track day 96 240sx and it looked sweeeeet to see the carbon fiber as I drove it felt way more race car like (yes I’m that guy)

I had a carbon fiber hood on my track day 96 240sx and it looked sweeeeet to see the carbon fiber as I drove it felt way more race car like (yes I’m that guy)
Yeah well, my Abarth has a forged carbon hood... I think you missed the point of the hole thread?...

Yeah this element bugs the hell outta me. I was hyped as heck when I saw in the State of Play that carbon fiber 'paint' is going to be premium paint option because my buddies and I used to use crappy decal stickers in GTS to do it by hand manually. Then I get this game and I go to use the carbonfiber paints and it tells me I can only do the whole car. What a joke.

Been painting the whole car in CF and then painting over the parts I don't want in carbon using square decals.. but the colors are limited and flat. It's depressing.

My head cannon is it was originally going to be part of the final weight reduction stage.
We, as players, tend to give too much credit to PD for thinking things they add to the game trough.
Just accept that random stuff will be added to the game that makes no sense to have any function at all.

The game is filled with seeds for/from good ideas that are implemented poorly and buggy as hell. It's sad that you cannot just play the game and expect things to work like you would expect from a game that has been in constant development for the past 26(?) years.

But... you can be sure that the general public is enjoying the game like we used to and is not aware of the many bugs and glitches.

What I do when I use the carbon paint is to use a big decal that covers the full car as paint. If you apply the decal, you are left with carbon hood, mirrors, sideskirts and spoiler.

Another great tip I found out is to cover the carbon with a translucent color. Then you get colored CF parts.

6d5c4af351a119deaecb02976ccd147f_thumb_l_x2.jpg

or;
e3d16abd20b206e844bffd67f2a40d5b_thumb_l_x2.jpg

You can also use this trick to create true Midnight Purple...

Back