Career Mode racelength

• Thread starter iceman007
  • 5 comments
I just started career mode in F1 CE and im really enjoying this game. Im a big F1 fan and i didn't think this game would be this fun. Im second driver in the Super Aguri team playing on hard and one thing i expected was a save feature were in career mode i could save in the middle of the grand prix weekend but their isn't one so i end up doing all the practice sessions quickly and qualify and a 30% race distance race. Im just wondering what others do as far as race distance in career mode.
thanks

I do 100%. I think that allows for the full F1 feeling with tactics, weatherchanges and having more laps to hunt down cars ahead (definitely needed on hard level, as it should be). Also, at some tracks I need to practice alot and really work on the setups to be competitive and that work feels more gratifying knowing that I'm going to have good use for the settings in a long race. It wouldn't feel right to work for hours on a setup to be over and done with the race in 20 minutes.

Luckily you can adjust the race length from race to race. I run 30% as a default, but tracks I really like I run full length. I've found the most fun for my skill level (for now) to be a mediocre team on medium (I drive for Toyota).

I also agree it sucks you can't save mid GP. But F1:CE saves your setup for a particular car at the given track, so since I'm in my 3rd season with Toyota, all my setups are ready to go and I usually will just run Sat. practice to get familiar again with whatever track.

I think im gonna increase my race length to 50%. At 30% everyone makes 1 pit stop only. Ive only done 1 race at 50% length but is there 2 pitstops with strategy?

I got 3 races to go season 1 of career mode and im thinking about increasing distance from 50% - 75% and i noticed in 75% distance there is an option for a 3 stop strategy. In real life 2 stop strategy is mostly used. How is it in the game for people who run 75% or 100% race distance?

Not sure about the number of stops on 75%. I would assume most would do 2 stops. If you run 100% you will see a fair few running 3 stop strategies. More viable then.

Latest Posts

Back