Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Pro

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
United States
Kansas City
As the title states, tell us about your career mode and how you're coming along.

What difficulty are you running?
What length?
What car did you choose?

Tell us your best stories from the races you've done.

Feel free to share your opinions as well as pros and cons you have encountered so far.

I started a career on normal but found it way too easy so i just restarted on hard. Its not a lot of fun when you're just cruising around in first place all race

I was beating the AI by around 3-4 sec per lap on normal.

I did find that having to do two spring races at 40min each on medium length was quite a bit, so in my new career in doing short.

Some small things i found while playing.

At least on medium length its mandatory to pit once for tires.

The AI is pretty consistent, they also dive out of the way when blue flags are waived which i i like.

Heavy rain is treacherous!!!

Playing with the traction control settings can help a lot! Do not underestimate this!!

So now in my new career mode,

Hard difficulty
Short length
Audi R8

Just a small question, should I just choose aggressive setups for qualifying and then safe setups for the hour long races?

I thought choosing long in the career mode would add more tracks to the season, instead it's adding more qualy and races. So I'm gonna start over on career mode and I may not choose the Porsche car again as it wasn't such an easy drive like the Lambo was.

Jerome

I chose the Hard setting with medium length.
My car to go is the McLaren 650S GT3.

tbh... the AI is still a bit too slow and I'm no fast driver by any means. In the races at Zolder I finished 25 seconds ahead of 2nd place (40 minute races). In qualifying I was always a second faster.
On Brands Hatch they were a bit faster but I still won both races with 7 seconds gap. (also depends on which driver is in the car. You really can tell if in the car is now a gold or a silver rated driver after the pit stop).
I only lose time at the pitstops because I don't always hit the box perfectly. The crew always has to correct my position before I get on the airjacks :D

I qualified with a 1:25.7 in Brands Hatch and race pace was 1:26.2. I already lapped the last guy in the field (and I don't mean the slower Reiter Engineering Gallardo).

Let's see if they get faster in the next races.

I'm on PC, but I guess it doesn't matter in this thread...or?

I just finish the first race at Zolder after restarting my career mode with a higher difficulty. Im now playing on HARD, i tried PRO but screw that. No way i can keep up.

So not only is the race shorter on SHORT bit so is practice and qualifying, which is a little disappointing.

Im driving the Audi R8 LMS

I qualified on Pole with a 1:31.xxx i i forg exactly as i did it last night. I think i was still over 1 sec faster then second place.

This is where i wish we had a slider for the difficulty, since apparently im sitting somewhere between HARD and PRO.

On to the race, starting from pole i literally just drove off and started to increase my lead lap by lap.

Luckily for me they opened the pit lane right as i was barreling down the straight towards pit entry. So i decided to jump right in so i wouldn't risk dealing with traffic in the pits. 30 sec stop and off i i went. I rejoined in 10th place. It took two laps for Engelhart to pit from the now inherited lead and hand it over to Bortolotti.

I also always miss my pit box by a little bit so i lose a second or two getting adjusted.

He came out of the pits about 1 second behind me and i kept himt until the end.

My fastest lap was a 1:31.3xx which would have been about 0.5 sec faster had i not screwed up the right hander after the Right/left chicane.

All in all an ok race. I just wish the AI difficulty was adjustable with a slider.

I chose the Hard setting with medium length.
My car to go is the McLaren 650S GT3.

tbh... the AI is still a bit too slow and I'm no fast driver by any means. In the races at Zolder I finished 25 seconds ahead of 2nd place (40 minute races). In qualifying I was always a second faster.
On Brands Hatch they were a bit faster but I still won both races with 7 seconds gap. (also depends on which driver is in the car. You really can tell if in the car is now a gold or a silver rated driver after the pit stop).
I only lose time at the pitstops because I don't always hit the box perfectly. The crew always has to correct my position before I get on the airjacks :D

I qualified with a 1:25.7 in Brands Hatch and race pace was 1:26.2. I already lapped the last guy in the field (and I don't mean the slower Reiter Engineering Gallardo).

Let's see if they get faster in the next races.

I'm on PC, but I guess it doesn't matter in this thread...or?

Sounds like we're pretty evenly matched.

PC or console, doesn't matter here.

Just did my second race at Zolder and man was it more interesting. But only because i suck and the curbs are viscous!!!!

I was on pole again but this time a few laps in i decided to hit the entry curb to the right/left chicane and it spun me. So Bortolotti passed me, but luckily i was able to restart quickly and start chasing him down. He was about 3 seconds ahead of me at this point.

I start reeling him In over the next two laps bit them the pit window opens. So now i know that im gonna lose at least another second in the stops.

So after the stops he's now 3 seconds ahead again since i lost the time i had made up.

So i start chasing him down (hes now Engelhart) again and after two laps carrying a whole lot more speed than he is through turn 3 and i sling shoot around the outside (que Eminem) as exit turn 3. I pass him cleanly before the braking zone into turn 4 and now im im back in the lead!

So now since i am who i am, i start chasing lap times. Im essentially qualifying at this point. The lap time is slowly dropping, 1:31.9 becomes a 31.7 which becomes a 31.4 Then as im shaving off about 3 tenths going into turn 4 (the chicane of doom we'll call this from now on) i jump the left curb but i didn't quite have enough angle going through, so i clobber the right hand curb and it literally shoots me straight up in the air! I come crashing down and im already in the gravel on the left side of the track!!! Wtf curb!!

So now im in the sandbox, all pissed the F off and confused as all hell as to how thats that possible.

As i hear a Lamborghini V10 fly by me my heart sinks. I scramble to straighten the car and to make it back on track for only the Luftwaffe themselves to come barreling down and pass me as well. Not just one, but two! Damn, im now sitting in 4th and im finally rejoining the track.

I limp it home in 4th.

Note to self, do not touch the curbs at Zolder!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing team - ABR-1
Car - Bentley Continental GT 2018
Difficulty- Medium
Length - Short (20 minute races)
Controller - Xbox pad

Dominated Zolder, pole in qualifying for race one and 3rd on the grid for race 2. Both races resulted in victories but a botched pitstop in race 1 meant I had to make some passes to get bsck to first place, including a bold move round the outside of turn 7 into the tight chicane on one of the Lambos. Race 2 was a bit more straight forward, a slightly slow pitstop but with a 6 second advantage it didn't hurt my track position. Rejoined 3rd where I was before the round of stops, chased down Will Stevens and passed at the tight right hand hairpin before passing Van der Linde under braking for the first chicane. Held on comfortably to win by around 3 seconds.

Brands was tough, wet qualifying saw me take 2nd for Q1 and 4th in Q2. Race 1 was a struggle after a bad start, had to fight back from dropping to 6th place, took the lead ahead of the pit stop, went ok but lost the lead in the pits, came out and got tagged in paddock hill bend and spun round Van der Linde), dropping to 8th, fought hard back to 2nd.
Race 2 was going well, lead into turn 1 with a good move up the inside, pulled a 5 second gap ahead of stopping. Then it went wrong, missed my box, had to reverse the car, took 2 attempts to get it right, losing time hand over fist, had to let some cars go while pulling out and rejoined in 16th. Threw caution to the wind and fought back up to 4th, just 2 seconds off a podium.

Now to Misano, tough qualifying session, Q1 took 3rd, and in Q2 made several mistakes resulting in a lowly 8th on the grid for race 2.

Arrived at Brand's Hatch.

Finished up practice and Q1. On to Q2. I'm sure there's at least 0.5-1 sec left on the table for me.

Q1 on pole with a 1:25.470

Edit*****

Q2 resulted in pole again with a 1:25.842
I was 0.4 sec up on my lap but messed up the final corner.

Attachments

• 20200625_125238.jpg
    20200625_125238.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I just looked my personal bests up in the stats. But somehow the time on Zolder is suspiciously low:

acc_zolder.jpg

more than 2 seconds faster than the real record? And I really don't remember this time with the 650S. The fastest time in career in qualifying was 1:30.810 . The time on Brands Hatch is correct. Hm. The times usually get wiped after major physics updates (last happened when they brought chassis flex into the game).

My fastest lap on Brands Hatch was actually in the race and not qualifying lol.

My Qualifying Lap from Zolder:

I included the replay HUD so that you can see my pedal inputs. My normal driving view is dashcam with 38° FOV (on a 21:9 widescreen monitor) but in the helmet cam you can see the wheel inputs.

Just finished my first race at Brands Hatch.

I lost the lead into turn one to the Lamborghini due to me dragging the brakes before the flag to get some heat into them. But i tool him on the inside into turn 2.

From there i controlled it until the pit stop where somehow i lost 2 places????

Exiting the pits i had to fight to get back to the front. I overtook 2nd place on the inside going into turn 4, then I was following 1st place for a couple of laps until i managed to over take him (rather aggressively i might add) into turn 6.

Then i started my qualifying pace again and slammed in a 1:25.440

Which was 0.030 faster than my Q1 time!

On to race 2

Just finished my 2nd race at Brand's Hatch.

I finished 4th this time due to the ****ing pit stops again!!!!!

How in the **** am i supposed to stop the car on the millimeter??? Its so stupid. There's absolutely no way to not loose time.

Finished 4th and its ****ing pissing me off to get robbed because i was off by .000028373828mm in my pit box.

I did set a new personal best time of 1:25.1xx during the race though. So yay me

Sorry, just needed to vent. Bleh!!!

Im not understanding how this is the setting for the pirelli wet tire test??

At least have it be wet

Just a small question, should I just choose aggressive setups for qualifying and then safe setups for the hour long races?

I thought choosing long in the career mode would add more tracks to the season, instead it's adding more qualy and races. So I'm gonna start over on career mode and I may not choose the Porsche car again as it wasn't such an easy drive like the Lambo was.

Jerome

Sorry i i miss this.
Yes i run the aggressive setup but i tweak fuel load, tc, abs, and sway bars.

I keep the same setup for the race.

Attachments

• 20200625_161402.jpg
    20200625_161402.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
How on earth are you meant to see the championship standings in career mode? Genuinely cant find it.

I set the difficult to hard and I'm still about 1 faster...

I started a championship and they have the A.I. difficulty slider there but not in career. Very strange. Also in championship you can't run a 40min race. It goes from 30min to 1hour. Again strange. You add forced pit stops to any race length. Very cool but in the career we are so limited. I don't think I will be using career mode only championship.

Just finished the first race at Misano.

Won from pole in a very straight forward race. Set my best lap of 1:36.393.

Which was over 1 whole second faster than my pole lap!!

Finally got to finish race 2 at Misano.

Started from pole and slowly crept away until the first pit stop. But once i emerged from the pits there was a damn Lamborghini in front of me!!!

I was right behind him going into turn 3 (first turn after pit exit) but thought better of it and tucked in behind him. I followed him for 2 more laps until i could get the tire warmed up. Then after 3 laps i carried way more speed than him through the final corner and crept up in his inside going heading into the braking zone for turn 1. Being the braves on the brakes i squeezed him a little bit mid corner but kept it clean. 1st place was mine!

We only had about 3 minutes left of the race at this point so i kept it clean and finished in first

My best lap was a 1:36.801

I did the Hungaroring races done. Im not a fan of the track at all. Ive never liked it. I won one and second in the other one. F that place, moving on.

Just finished qually 1 at Nurburgring. Pole at 1:57.891

Q2 i got pole again with a 1:58.002

Neither were good laps but meh.

Finally made it to Misano too:

Q1: 1:36.678
Q2: 1:37.053

on to the races :)

Those are great times!

won both races.

I set my new personal best in race 2 with 1:36.144 .. woah... and I finally hit the pitbox perfectly!!

There should definitely be a platinum trophy for that!!

Just finished qually 1 at Nurburgring. Pole at 1:37.891

are you sure? :D

There should definitely be a platinum trophy for that!!

I think it was only gold :( and I lost some SA in race 1 because 2nd place liked to play bumper cars with me in the first corners. It dropped from 92 to 85.. wtf

Im not a fan of the track at all. Ive never liked it.

I actually like this track. I know it from Raceroom and drove it there a lot. It has a strange flow at first but I got used to it. Many corners to **** up and lose time.

are you sure? :D

I think it was only gold :( and I lost some SA in race 1 because 2nd place liked to play bumper cars with me in the first corners. It dropped from 92 to 85.. wtf

I actually like this track. I know it from Raceroom and drove it there a lot. It has a strange flow at first but I got used to it. Many corners to **** up and lose time.

Oops lol!! I fixed it. It was a 1:57

Yeah the ai has done some dumb stuff to me as well. Like brake checking me after the apex of a corner.

How fast were you guys in the lambo testing sessions? Test 1 I’m a whole 3 sec faster than ai, test 2 in the wet only about 0.2 sec faster. I thought I did pretty well in the wet but I’m worried choosing a pro career that I’ll get annihilated in the wet races. Would be nice to see how fast the ai is before committing to a difficulty.

First car I chose I went with the Porsche and that was a huge mistake, I don’t understand how to drive that car in high speed corners so I’m gonna redo it with the Audi.

Also not sure about this but are we supposed to be finishing on pole with the cars we're given initially? I really want to race the Ferrari but not sure if I need to place first in a bunch of races or just place well?

Back