Career ModePS4 

• Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 43 comments

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
England
Top Valley, NG5
Its rubbish I keep getting invitations via email to race, usually after I have just completed a career race but there is no way I can reply or even go to the invitational event.

Also every event I finish I'm not allowed to progress it the same category. I have to abandon the season and start again. again

Ive finally completed the GT3 endurance race and the next race in that "box" is an LMP1 but cannot now access this event.

I have now had to abandon 4 seasons so as to be able to race another event.

This is not acceptable especially after all the delays and "polishing" this game has had.

Its rubbish I keep getting invitations via email to race, usually after I have just completed a career race but there is no way I can reply or even go to the invitational event.

Also every event I finish I'm not allowed to progress it the same category. I have to abandon the season and start again. again

Ive finally completed the GT3 endurance race and the next race in that "box" is an LMP1 but cannot now access this event.

This is not acceptable especially after all the delays and "polishing" this game has had.

I think you misunderstand how the career works.

In your calender, you see ALL events that take place. But you are only racing the events of your current choice. See it like a real life calender. If you are a GT3 race driver, you will see that today was also a WTCC and a Porsche Cup race. They are there, but you are not part of it because you have a contract with a GT3 team.

And the invitational events are always after the season (look at their date in the invitation). They will appear in the calender like the other career races and are marked as invitational events. You can do them or skip them. After the invitationals, the next season starts

I think you misunderstand how the career works.

In your calender, you see ALL events that take place. But you are only racing the events of your current choice. See it like a real life calender. If you are a GT3 race driver, you will see that today was also a WTCC and a Porsche Cup race. They are there, but you are not part of it because you have a contract with a GT3 team.

And the invitational events are always after the season (look at their date in the invitation). They will appear in the calender like the other career races and are marked as invitational events. You can do them or skip them. After the invitationals, the next season starts

When i finish a race there is nothing left to do all the boxes are locked, I have to abandone the season before I can select anything at all to enter

When i finish a race there is nothing left to do all the boxes are locked, I have to abandone the season before I can select anything at all to enter

On the right side you can chose "Jump to the next race". Maybe you don't have a race left in this month

When you are in the calendar screen press the square button, this will advance you to the next event.

look at your contract tab

Had loads of invitation emails but no way of accepting them. There is no contract Tab at all.

On my Dashboard I have tabs across the top they are ....Home...Inbox...Results...Overview
then below the home tab I have Calendar, then Car setup then abandoned nothing else, And yes ive hit all these tabs to see where they go.

Had enough of this now deleting it. I've had nothing but problems ever since I bought the PS4 only one game work properly and that one is crap.

Back to PS3 no problems at all on there.

Last edited:
When you're in your inbox, there are tabs to sort the emails into invitationals, messages, or contracts. If your season is finished, and you've done or skipped all the invitationals, go into contracts and there'll be at least one, depending how you go in your previous season.

When you're in your calendar, you can press square on ps4 to "skip to current day" which will be the next day you've got available events. The events that aren't available to you are other series' which you don't have a contract for. You can cycle through the months to see what's ahead by pressing the shoulder buttons.

Invitational events don't require a contract, which is why you don't accept the offers in the emails. The emails are invites, and when the day of the event comes up, it will be in your calendar, and you can choose to enter or skip. If you enter an invitational event, you've entered into every event for that particular invite, which may be only one event, but may be more (I'm currently in an invitational historic Lotus F1 championship that contains 7 races, for example). If the invitational looks like something you're not interested in, or you just want to get on with your contract season (I skipped past all invitationals whilst in superkarts, because I was loving the superkart races, and was mega keen to get to the next season to start formula rookie), then just skip the first event of the invitational, and it'll skip them all.

Hope that helps to clear it up. I found it pretty self-explanatory how it all worked, but I've also read people didn't notice the tabs to cycle through pages in the car set up, so I guess some people don't look through things as thoroughly as I do lol.

Thank you guys for your input but there is no new contract no contract tabs and no other races to do everything is dulled out IE locked, and yes ive checked all areas till i'm blue in the face.

I do have emails offering invitations but like above there is nowhere to accept anything.

The only option is abandone season and start a new one, There is obviously some wrong here.

Well before you give up on a pretty good game, show us what you're seeing. This is an issue that literally no one else is having so I'm willing to bet that you're missing something. Post up a screenshot like @psychoazubi has asked for a couple times.

Sorry, but I don't think this is a game issue

So you don't believe me. Well thats up to you.

Look ive tried every box there is ive tried clicking go to next event Square button ive tried to access the box in the bottom right corner nothing happens My screen is made of of square boxes I assume they are the days of the month, They are all dulled/ Locked from jan to dec i cannot even do an event I have completed because its now dulled out (doesn't have the little white triangle in the top corner) I was at season 8 at last attempt the only way forward is to abandon current season and start a new one, Then and only then can i access invitations or accept new contracts, I do this and after ive completed the first event Im back at square one. Ive tried looking on PS4 to get a screen picture but dont know how to do it. I have now removed the PS4 out and put my PS3 back in place.

Again like ive stated all the games ive had on PS4 have been so badly bugged (except one NFS rivals and it dont support a wheel) the rest are now unplayable Crew wont let you use any USB device or it crashes constantly DC wont even load up and Pcars Has this issue above and also the loss of FFB on T300 after restarting any endurance race from sleep mode.

Ive never had issues like these on any PS3 driving games from F1 2011 to current, NFS speed games, And GT 5 and 6

After finishing my first season I had a few emails with bla bla bla, but in one I saw a "press x" or something like that to accept the invitation and sign a new contract.

So you don't believe me. Well thats up to you.

Look ive tried every box there is ive tried clicking go to next event Square button ive tried to access the box in the bottom right corner nothing happens My screen is made of of square boxes I assume they are the days of the month, They are all dulled/ Locked from jan to dec i cannot even do an event I have completed because its now dulled out (doesn't have the little white triangle in the top corner) I was at season 8 at last attempt the only way forward is to abandon current season and start a new one, Then and only then can i access invitations or accept new contracts, I do this and after ive completed the first event Im back at square one. Ive tried looking on PS4 to get a screen picture but dont know how to do it. I have now removed the PS4 out and put my PS3 back in place.

Again like ive stated all the games ive had on PS4 have been so badly bugged (except one NFS rivals and it dont support a wheel) the rest are now unplayable Crew wont let you use any USB device or it crashes constantly DC wont even load up and Pcars Has this issue above and also the loss of FFB on T300 after restarting any endurance race from sleep mode.

Ive never had issues like these on any PS3 driving games from F1 2011 to current, NFS speed games, And GT 5 and 6
come on..., just Pcars calander is greyed out (yes it should be high light for the invitationals ) doesn't mean you cant do them

Yeah it sounds like he is just overlooking something. Either there is another race in the event he was already in or there is another one in a different month. Typically there will be a jump to date or jump to next event/race or finish season option on the bottom right corner of the calendar. I got stuck after my last race myself. Nothing wrong with the game but I could not see how to skip past the invitational event. The problem there was I was just not paying enough attention and had went into the event. Once I had entered I could not skip it.

You don;t have to do anything to accept and invitational. They will show up on your calendar when it is time and then you can run them or skip them as you wish.

Contract offers don't come until after the end of the season. There will be one or possibly several contract offers once you have completed the season and you need to choose one of those to begin the next season. Usually you will get a resign offer from your current team. You may get an offer from a rival team in the same class and you may get offers for other class events.

After the Clio cup I had offers for Formula rookie, GT5 and resign for Clio cup. I chose the GT5

Last edited:
I thank you guys for trying to help but I can now confirm there are issues with my game, Ive been round a friends this morning and seen how his works and I definitely do not get the same as he does. He can view what is available for him in the monthly calender and can jump from anywhere in it to present day by pressing the square button also he can do other invitationals in between his chosen career path. I cannot do any of this. Maybe my install is corrupt or something so maybe when I do get around to connecting the PS4 up again I will completely delete and do a fresh install see if that cures it.

I have a similar problem. I find these invitations confusing too. I had to create new careers to get around this.

It seems like you only see your contract offers after the season ends. And worst yet, sometimes you don't get offers until the 2nd season.

This would be solved if you could see your contract offers and you could skip the season and start the new contract. Most games offer you the new contract after the season and you move directly into the new races. Here it's a little confusing.

This would be solved if you could see your contract offers and you could skip the season and start the new contract. Most games offer you the new contract after the season and you move directly into the new races. Here it's a little confusing.
You can.
Once you have finished your season races then it will either be the end of the season or there will be some invitationals that you have been invited to. If you have Invitationals then you can either run in them or jump to the next one and at the end finish season.

At that point the contract offers come in and the calendar is no longer available. You can filter the inbox to show just the contract offers and then select the one you want. There should always be at least 1 there even if it is just to resign with your current team. I have always had more than one. I think after this last season I had at least 6 or more. I did the Clio Cup series then the GT5 series and at the end of the GT5 season I got 4 offers for GT4 each in a different car, Mustang, two different Astons and the G40 or was it G50? can't remember but it was a GT4 car. I also got offers for LMP3, Formula 1000 and of course renew my GT5 contract. I ended up picking the GT4 Mustang.

I have set up the PS4 again late last night (couldn't sleep) and deleted all of the game and done a brand new install and Just to let you know the install has solved a few issues. I c an now progress properly thru the career mode and it has solved the fuel issue in the Mclaren GT3 at endurance races.

You can.
Once you have finished your season races then it will either be the end of the season or there will be some invitationals that you have been invited to. If you have Invitationals then you can either run in them or jump to the next one and at the end finish season.

At that point the contract offers come in and the calendar is no longer available. You can filter the inbox to show just the contract offers and then select the one you want. There should always be at least 1 there even if it is just to resign with your current team. I have always had more than one. I think after this last season I had at least 6 or more. I did the Clio Cup series then the GT5 series and at the end of the GT5 season I got 4 offers for GT4 each in a different car, Mustang, two different Astons and the G40 or was it G50? can't remember but it was a GT4 car. I also got offers for LMP3, Formula 1000 and of course renew my GT5 contract. I ended up picking the GT4 Mustang.

I checked and it still says "Season 1." I still have an invitational event. Maybe after I complete that I'll get contracts.

But after you get a trophy and there is this whole video trophy award ceremony, you just think the season is over. That's a little confusing. Your invitationals should all end before your championship.

So it turns out that I had a bunch of invitational events left after I won the championship.

It's a little confusing how this works. I had to go to the invitational event, choose to skip the event. Then I had to skip all the other events. Finally I got an option to skip to end of season. Then I got my contract offer to Formula Gulf. Finally!

Back