Career ModePS4 

• Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 43 comments
How long does career last? Is it infinite?

I must say I'm really enjoying the career mode. I can't see why people think it's confusing? :)

I must say I'm really enjoying the career mode. I can't see why people think it's confusing? :)

I think it's infinite.

I too don't find it confusing at all... You have your calender with all the races. And contract negotiation is only allowed at the end of december. Just as it is in real sports.

Although not realistic, I like that you can view your old contract offers and accept them. I started out in the Clio Cup, so I thought I had to start a new career to get the ZERO TO HERO achievement. But luckily I got offered a contract in the Kart One. I turned it down, but I can always go back and accept it.

Yeah the career mode is confusing as hell. I personally don't understand it much. I'm still on the go-karts and I wonder if it's ever going to change to regular cars. Screw those go karts

You have to win the kart championship, finish any remaining invitational events then you'll get your contract offers.

If it still says "Season 1" you're not done. And I think after karts is super karts but you may get some other offers.

I started with karts and hated it too. Mostly because there is no practice and you get thrown into these races in courses you don't know with karts that move around the track really fast. It's hard not to crash into the AI or have the AI crash into you and when you crash in karts it looks so unrealistic that it breaks any immersion.

For me skipping an event was confusing at first. I still have not found a way to know which track or rather layout that the race is on until I have actually entered the event. The invitations were at first confusing as they may happen in a different month and either there was no info as to how to accept or enter them or I did not see it which had me wasting time trying to figure it out. Of course now that I have played for a while I understand most of it and it is not a big deal any more. I do wish there was a way to know what tracks you would be running on before you start the event and would also be nice if when you get a contract offer there was a way to see what events/tracks you would be running on should you accept that contract.

Right now the biggest beef I have with the career mode is the rolling starts. I really think these have been done poorly sometimes giving you control while in the middle of a hairpin or just before a hair pin. It is really really hard to determine how much steering and throttle input you need to use to maintain the line when it actually gives control. This definitely should be different giving control to the player closer to the start line and on a straight rather than in a hair pin.

Can you only do thr invitationals when they come up on your calander ? I have 4 or 5 in invitationals in November but i'm only in August in my G40 season , i thought you could do those invitationals anytime.

For me skipping an event was confusing at first. I still have not found a way to know which track or rather layout that the race is on until I have actually entered the event. The invitations were at first confusing as they may happen in a different month and either there was no info as to how to accept or enter them or I did not see it which had me wasting time trying to figure it out. Of course now that I have played for a while I understand most of it and it is not a big deal any more. I do wish there was a way to know what tracks you would be running on before you start the event and would also be nice if when you get a contract offer there was a way to see what events/tracks you would be running on should you accept that contract.

Right now the biggest beef I have with the career mode is the rolling starts. I really think these have been done poorly sometimes giving you control while in the middle of a hairpin or just before a hair pin. It is really really hard to determine how much steering and throttle input you need to use to maintain the line when it actually gives control. This definitely should be different giving control to the player closer to the start line and on a straight rather than in a hair pin.

Yes, I wish they told you what track layout before you entered the event. Sometimes I like to practice against leaderboard ghosts but I don't know the layout for the race. I have to start the race and then quit to find out.

Also, it would be nice to know what cars and tracks you be running in an invitational before you accept.

I find it confusing because I never know when it's going to end. Don't get me wrong I don't want it to end and I want a long career, but I just want to know when I can start driving different cars aside from these stupid go karts that I really dislike.

I find it confusing because I never know when it's going to end. Don't get me wrong I don't want it to end and I want a long career, but I just want to know when I can start driving different cars aside from these stupid go karts that I really dislike.

The kart career [or I should say season] is really short. I think it is a total of 8 events each with 2 races 1 sprint and 1 rolling start with the grid based on the finish of the first race. If you set the race length slider to the lowest level then the first race is 2 laps and the next one is 3 laps. Some of the tracks take less than 30 seconds for a lap so it doesn't take long to complete every race in the kart season.

At the end of the season then you are faced with a choice as to which contract offer you want to accept generally in karts your choices are to keep racing the karts for another season or move up to the super karts.

The super karts are much more enjoyable than the karts as you run the super karts on normal race circuits and they are pretty fast >160mph and they stick too, very quick little things.

As for how long the career lasts, as long as you want it to you can run the same class multiple seasons or move to a different class. At the end of each season you will have options and of course you can have more than one career at the same time.

I started a new kart career yesterday for the Zero to Hero thing, drove a little yesterday and a little today and have already completed karts and super karts and the first event in Formula rookie.

I still have my other career which I started in Touring cars and am now in GT3 on that one

The kart career [or I should say season] is really short. I think it is a total of 8 events each with 2 races 1 sprint and 1 rolling start with the grid based on the finish of the first race. If you set the race length slider to the lowest level then the first race is 2 laps and the next one is 3 laps. Some of the tracks take less than 30 seconds for a lap so it doesn't take long to complete every race in the kart season.

At the end of the season then you are faced with a choice as to which contract offer you want to accept generally in karts your choices are to keep racing the karts for another season or move up to the super karts.

The super karts are much more enjoyable than the karts as you run the super karts on normal race circuits and they are pretty fast >160mph and they stick too, very quick little things.

As for how long the career lasts, as long as you want it to you can run the same class multiple seasons or move to a different class. At the end of each season you will have options and of course you can have more than one career at the same time.

I started a new kart career yesterday for the Zero to Hero thing, drove a little yesterday and a little today and have already completed karts and super karts and the first event in Formula rookie.

I still have my other career which I started in Touring cars and am now in GT3 on that one

makes complete sense. thanks buddy!! I guess Im probably towards the end of the karts then by now. So can you ever drop down and compete in a lower series when you're higher up? for example if I'm on Formula A can I drop down and do some go karts?

You can start a second career and go to any point you want. To do the Zero to Hero you have to start in karts.

At the end of each season you will be offered various contracts I have not been very high yet but I have gotten offers for a class or two above the one I was in, same class, next class in one or more areas and lower class or previous class. To go down from FA to karts through progression would take a while if it is possible at all.

When I finished the GT4 season I think I had offers from like 3 or 4 GT3 teams, a Formula C team, LMP3 team, GT4, GT5 and Touring car teams maybe a formula gulf as well but can't remember now for sure have saw a lot of offers since I started playing ;)

Last edited:
Hello, not sure whether I can post here but couldn't find an equivalent XB1 thread.

I accepted a GT3 offer by mistake after winning the Clio Cup twice in a row. Does that mean that I won't receive any GT4 or GT5 offers at the end of this season? Would hate to think I need to start another career to play these lower tiers.

Last edited:
Hello, not sure whether I can post here but couldn't find an equivalent XB1 thread.

I accepted a GT3 offer by mistake after winning the Clio Cup twice in a row. Does that mean that I won't receive any GT4 or GT5 offers at the end of this season? Would hate to think I need to start anothercareer to play these lower tiers.
It is possible to get offered lower tiers, I still keep getting offered Kart contacts (while in both GT5 and GT3), however the GT3's are a blast and running a second career is not a big pain. I'm doing so for open wheel, so I'm running one for GT3 and one for Formula Rookie at the moment.

It is possible to get offered lower tiers, I still keep getting offered Kart contacts (while in both GT5 and GT3), however the GT3's are a blast and running a second career is not a big pain. I'm doing so for open wheel, so I'm running one for GT3 and one for Formula Rookie at the moment.
Thanks, I'm loving the GT3 races but didn't want to feel I was missing out... second career it is then.

Is there anyway to start a career in an Audi R8 or McLaren P1? I can't see any road car competitions.

Or do I have to start in something else to progress to it?

Or thirdly is there no career league featuring road version supercars?

Back