CARS FULL HP thread

• Thread starter kingking
  • 310 comments
Fair enough, but it could be different, or higher with other cars. My Lancer Evo, 524 hp or therefore 774 hp with n2o, still beat an 800+ skyline which was about the same weight, and also had the same torque distribution. This could mean that the shot gets higher depending on how much the motor can take. (just a thought, not justified, 100% not fact)

I was the Nitrous Fit in KT's test. We tried engine limiting, as well as reducing power by removing horsepower-adding parts. Test still shows car with 1/2 horsepower with 100% nitrous pulls harder and consistantly beats car with full horsepower and no nitrous, and a FF car pulling that much on another is proof that tree or other variables were not a factor, which we still did multiple passes with automatic transmissions to remove driver liability in the runs.

We determined that 100% nitrous is roughly 250 horsepower and 50% is around 125-130. This is for the fact that 55% was close, but not enough to make up for a 150 horsepower difference. If anyone would like to dispute this proof, you're welcome to do these tests yourselves. Our test was done with a low horsepower car because its easier to calculate output when numbers are low enough to make a significant impact on the race.

Fair enough, but it could be different, or higher with other cars. My Lancer Evo, 524 hp or therefore 774 hp with n2o, still beat an 800+ skyline which was about the same weight, and also had the same torque distribution. This could mean that the shot gets higher depending on how much the motor can take. (just a thought, not justified, 100% not fact)

Evo vs Skyline isn't a justifiable test due to different torque figures and power curve. It would give no usable results.

Edit: also, does anyone know if the new racing vette has the same power output as the normal version?

Last edited:
The issue with an MR2 is it's so much lighter that even a 300 shot would allow it to keep up with those cars. Maybe a 400 but none the less. A friend and I have devised a way to test your theory. Let's see if this works.

2 honda fits. Automatic, stock trans, stock suspension.

1- all power upgrades, no weight reduction. No N2O.
2- all power upgrades, no weight, hp at 50% so 1/2 the power and a 100% shot which would double the HP, so they should run even.

100% shot- nos fit pulls by 5 cars.
70% shot- nos pulls by 2 cars and looses 1/4 in 4th gear, nos fit wins by 1 3/4 cars.
55% shot- nos pulls until 4th gear where all motor pulls back to win by a car.

Next test-
148 hp fit aka 1/2 my hp(not many parts, no weight, nos 100%)

My fit still the same as last test no nos.

100% shot- pulls 5 cars.

CONCLUSION- 100% shot is approx 250.

Just wanted to let you know that the MR2 in the video weighed 1265kg full weight running against cars that were race weight (1100-1300kg) and also had a stock transmission, look at the very last race in the video, I run a 2013 Viper with 1000+hp race weight (which is 1245kg for the '13 Viper I believe) and the MR2 holds up VERY well against it up to 180mph, that just leaves me to believe the MR2 is making close to 900hp if anything. So I personally am gonna stick with the percentage theory of what the car is making at the time...until or if PD makes a statement.

No need to be so rude :rolleyes:

I'm just going by what my list says, apparently the car you mentioned isn't even in the game. So naturally I assumed that you meant the S14 instead.
Nissan_240SX_'96.jpg

Wait did I miss an update?!
V
Nothing important to cram in but as a *note* I was on v1.00 for the longest time while this thread was going on.

I had a couple cars broken in and some only with the oil change. Back on v1.00 cars were like gt5 needing 186 miles to be broken in.

I'm now on v1.02 and those same cars regardless oil change or being at or past 186 have the same hp now.

I know this had been discussed before but I don't think anyone was fully aware what was going on between v1.00,.01,.02.

I'm very curious, what is the max horsepower on the 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '98? I met some guy that beat my R34 with it and I asked him what his horsepower was and he says 998hp after he put miles on it, so I went and bought one and put 200 miles on it and it still only has 958hp. Was this guy running a hack, is it a glitch in the game or was he just lying? NOS was off in this lobby and I treed him with my R34 but some how he always pulled on me and he beat me once, from my knowledge the 3000GT's and the GTO's aren't able to beat R34's and I know mine isn't slow so how did this happen and what is the actual horsepower for it, I have 958hp currently and can't get anymore, if anyone has more than that please let me know. The mid range turbo only gives out 916hp by the way so it wasn't that.

I'm very curious, what is the max horsepower on the 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '98? I met some guy that beat my R34 with it and I asked him what his horsepower was and he says 998hp after he put miles on it, so I went and bought one and put 200 miles on it and it still only has 958hp. Was this guy running a hack, is it a glitch in the game or was he just lying? NOS was off in this lobby and I treed him with my R34 but some how he always pulled on me and he beat me once, from my knowledge the 3000GT's and the GTO's aren't able to beat R34's and I know mine isn't slow so how did this happen and what is the actual horsepower for it, I have 958hp currently and can't get anymore, if anyone has more than that please let me know. The mid range turbo only gives out 916hp by the way so it wasn't that.
I've got a semi-tuned GTO, not that model but the faster one, so we can run those and see which will run faster. It traps similar to the R34, so I guess its possible but I dont see the GTO legitimately beating a well-tuned R34.

On topic to this thread, does anyone know the horsepower for the 330 P4 Ferrari or XJ13 Jaguar? I'm saving up for these, and would like to know which would be the better deal for the 20mil.

I've got a semi-tuned GTO, not that model but the faster one, so we can run those and see which will run faster. It traps similar to the R34, so I guess its possible but I dont see the GTO legitimately beating a well-tuned R34.

On topic to this thread, does anyone know the horsepower for the 330 P4 Ferrari or XJ13 Jaguar? I'm saving up for these, and would like to know which would be the better deal for the 20mil.

I think it was a hack personally, considering that I bought the car and put 200 miles on it, just to see if it needed to be broken in and I still only have 958hp. I can't believe that hacks are out already, this game has been out for about 3 months and it's already going downhill, this is beyond annoying, I didn't pay $60 to have to deal with hacks again.

By the way I think the 330 P4 is probably better for the money, going off the GT5 times for those cars the 330 was a 9.4 car and the Jaguar was a 9.6 car, I'd go with the 330 personally but I want the Ferrari 250 GTO more and that's another $20 million car. It's a hard choice but good luck on choosing the right one for you :)

The Ferrari 330 P4 has 684bhp, and the XJ13 has 820bhp (for the chromeline as well, but it weighs slightly less).

Back