Cars That Are Below Par

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liammanator
  • 68 comments
  • 6,685 views
The only car that I am absolutely bitter about is the premium Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza, what a let down that car was.

It looks the part, handles like a dream, the yellow headlight rock in the dark, but it's got absolutely no poke! 374bhp max tuned!? WTF!? :grumpy: 👍
 
The Caterham is the only one that stands out for me, the actual handling is great, but the engine/gearing takes for ever to get 0-60mph, maybe if we ever get individual tranny gear selection we can tune it out with a special 1st gear, but for now that thing is a dog off the line, which the real one doesn't seem to be at least on Top Gear.

BTW I did some further tuning on my Caterham and adding a $17,500 Supercharger seems to be the trick to making it quicker off the line, I haven't even bothered with the full custom transmission, it now gets off the line much better and totally blows away the other lightweight Brit cars in that Pro challenge.
 
Something is definetly not right with the Caterham. Yeah it sure handles great, but in a straight line it's not as fast as it should be.
I've got a fully customizable gearbox under it for short gearing and tuned it to 270hp. Supposedly it should have the power to weight ratio of a Veyron but it can't even keep up with 500hp cars in a straight line.
First i thought it was the clutch constantly slipping, which can happen because i had that with a Daihatsu Midget tuned to 120hp. It just wouldn't go, constantly slipping the clutch, until i bought a race clutch and flywheel after which it was great. But when i did that with the Caterham it hardly helped. It still isn't very fast in astraight line despite the insane power/weight ratio.
 
Really not a huge fan of the Alfa 8C so far.
 
Caterham Fireblade. With such power-to-weight ratio I expected it to be quick off the line, but when I first drove it I thought that something's broken. It is ridiculously slow in low revs.
 
Nice little rant going on here.
A lot of the cars mentioned here are cars that need some special attention, a certain driving style or a lot of skill. That's why there is a debate over just about every car mentioned here.
There are certainly some cars I don't like driving, but I'm not sure it is the fault of those cars.
 
There's 1031 of them. Where should I start. Should the first be Kugelwagen or Elise?
 
I have the stealth Mac f1 and never ever use it ass the handling doesn't suit me at al.
Caterham has low torque but seems way slower than in real life.
 
Caterham is definitely skewed. My friend and I decided to do a 255HP lightweights race last nice on Eiger Short Reverse. I brought the '65 Alfa TZ2 and he brought the Caterham. By the numbers the Caterham should have had a complete advantage (253HP/369kg, Alfa had 246HP/769kg).

Caterham was totally upgraded. Both of us went to school to build racecars, so our suspension and gears were dialed-in for that track. We were both using Logitech wheels. That Caterham got smoked by 3 seconds. He had more power and much less weight, I left him in the straights and he couldn't corner with me.

Our final conclusion was the wheelbase difference. I was able to go much harder on the throttle in the uphill section of the track, whereas his car became unstable taking the uphill hairpins. He should have had me in the straight sections, but my car was slightly faster even going straight.

Caterham is definitely messed up.
 
Back