Cars that cannot be bought?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chris78cpr
  • 66 comments
  • 8,412 views
Messages
142
Messages
chris78cpr
Messages
chris78cpr
So i've been reading today and it seems that the 370Z GT Academy edition is only available via the LV 12 gift ticket?

Is this the only car (ignoring stealth cars) that cannot be bought via UCD or the premium dealerships or won as a prize car from liscence/event?

I am going to be attempting to own every car in the game over the next few months so wan't to have an idea in my head what cars im going to have to trade for.
 
Last edited:
I guess the gt-r academy you win from s license gold, also can't be bought
 
Maybe i should change my thread title. I don't mean cars that are won either. Looking to get a list of the cars that cannot be won/bought.
 
Oh, so I thinks the 370z is the only one :)
 
There is also a fantasy nascar in the game that was available as a preorder but not sure if PAL versions of the game can have it.
 
I'm interested in this also as have recently started collecting all the cars. The 1031 cars in the game (not stealth or chrome) does not seem to include this car unless I am missing it somewhere. Am I right in assuming it's a premium car and will bot appear in the UCD?
 
It seems like the 370Z is not included in the 1031 long car list issued by Polyphony. Bizarre. Has anyone got the 370z gt acad? CAn anyone post a screen shot of it's details?
 
Yeah I've been thinking about that 370Z Academy car and I might just start over to try to get it on another account, then gift it to my main account.

Its kind of odd the way this isn't available any other way. But previous Gran Turismo's had many more hard to obtain cars, I think.
 
Hmm very strange it was not included in the list unless it was added as an after thought? Back to your original question, are there more we do
not know about then?
 
It seems like the 370Z is not included in the 1031 long car list issued by Polyphony. Bizarre. Has anyone got the 370z gt acad? CAn anyone post a screen shot of it's details?


I have one I'll post the details after this race if nobody has done it by then.
 
Excluding the special purchase cars. The 370Z GT Academy car and the Carbon X2010 are the rarest car in the game. Can't be bought, and it can only be obtained through golding your tests.
 
The 370z can only be obtained via a gift ticket level 12 which you only get two of in the whole game. It would be fine if Golding a licence etc gave you the car but it does not.
 
There is an Audi R8 le mans car with red highlights on it. You can buy a yellow highlighted one in the UCD but the red one only turns up with random car tickets.
 
There is an Audi R8 le mans car with red highlights on it. You can buy a yellow highlighted one in the UCD but the red one only turns up with random car tickets.

I'm hoping that will be on the online car dealership thing at some point.
 
I don't know if it is rare or not. but i got the gtr police/pace car. i have the normal gtr version and the police/pace version. I haven't ever seen it in the UCD
 
I don't know if it is rare or not. but i got the gtr police/pace car. i have the normal gtr version and the police/pace version. I haven't ever seen it in the UCD

I saw the pace car in the UCD, didn't buy it though
 
Last edited:
I don't know if it is rare or not. but i got the gtr police/pace car. i have the normal gtr version and the police/pace version. I haven't ever seen it in the UCD

Those pace cars actually show up in the used lot fairly often, so not rare.
 
I don't know if it is rare or not. but i got the gtr police/pace car. i have the normal gtr version and the police/pace version. I haven't ever seen it in the UCD

Yeah i have both versions, one was a prize car i think or gift ticket and the other i got in the UCD. Not overly rare i don't think.
 
I know that I won't be able to get that DLC NASCAR because that's only for US.
 
Actually is the 370z GT Academy version the same car as the 370z tuned version 08 that does appear in the 1031 car list?
 
Actually is the 370z GT Academy version the same car as the 370z tuned version 08 that does appear in the 1031 car list?

The GT Academy version isn't on the list.
 
Not word for word however what I mean is it the '350z tuned version 08' that is in the list and apparently a premium car? This car is not in the dealership so we would assume that this car is only available as a gift ticket.... and is the GT academy version?
 
I'm trying to get the 370Z Tuned Version.
 
And where are you trying to get this car from?
 
I'm trying to get the 370Z Tuned Version.

So are you just looking for the regular tuned version?
There is a Fairlady Z Z34 '08 (called the 370 Z in the US) in the dealership thats seems to go unnoticed.
 
As someone mentions in your thread it could be the GT academy version as I thought. I don't know anyone with a 370z tuned 08 so I think they are the same car. Annoyingly the GTR GT academy version (licence winning car) is given it's full name in the list so that's the only thing that makes me believe they could be two different cars.
 
Excluding the special purchase cars. The 370Z GT Academy car and the Carbon X2010 are the rarest car in the game. Can't be bought, and it can only be obtained through golding your tests.

The Carbon X1 is more common than a Toyota Vitz now thanks to duping. I would say just the 370z GT Academy, at least that car isn't all over the marketplace getting duped.

As someone mentions in your thread it could be the GT academy version as I thought. I don't know anyone with a 370z tuned 08 so I think they are the same car. Annoyingly the GTR GT academy version (licence winning car) is given it's full name in the list so that's the only thing that makes me believe they could be two different cars.

There are not two different GT Academy GTR's.
 
So are you just looking for the regular tuned version?
There is a Fairlady Z Z34 '08 in the dealership thats seems to go unnoticed.

Yeah, there's no such thing as the GT Academy version.
I can't find the 370Z tuned, I doubt that the Fairlady is the same thing because it appears on the car list as two different cars.
 
Back