Cars that look good, painted with solver chrome..

• Thread starter TehHO
  • 55 comments
I think all cars look hideous with chrome paints on. Unless it's just for the humour of it. I've used all my chromes on wheels only.

Got to agree , I have yet to see a single car that looks good in silver chrome .
They all look over the top ! Too Bling ! Totally tastless. It looks like you are compensating for a lack of something in the trouser dept !
:sly:

I've got a Gold Chorme Murcielago SV and TommyKaira ZZII and a silver chrome Shelby GT350R. Chromes are best for sweetening trade deals, but on certain cars look very good.

Just painted the Zoda R in silver chrome...
Wow, that looks awesome!!!

@below:
I've only tried a chrome out on one car so far... the 458 Italia.
It looked terrible :D
That's why I have a back up car in its original colour scheme ;)
I own almost 1200 cars and just got 1 silver chrome chip... would be a shame
to repaint right away...

Last edited:
tonybarbados
Got to agree , I have yet to see a single car that looks good in silver chrome .
They all look over the top ! Too Bling ! Totally tastless. It looks like you are compensating for a lack of something in the trouser dept !

:lol: how about my Enzo silver chrome with orange metalic rims ? .. It's the only car I like the paint looks good on .
Also Camaro SS 10 moded , matte black with gold flames and gold rims , looks very very aggresive ! :)

:lol: how about my Enzo silver chrome with orange metalic rims ? .. It's the only car I like the paint looks good on .
Also Camaro SS 10 moded , matte black with gold flames and gold rims , looks very very aggresive ! :)

Hmmm enough said my friend ! Maybe you should take up self harming as a hobby it cant turn out worse than your car modding hobby . :)

Think of the trauma you can cause to peoples vision with abominations like these......How do you sleep at night ?

tonybarbados
Hmmm enough said my friend ! Maybe you should take up self harming as a hobby it cant turn out worse than your car modding hobby . :)

Think of the trauma you can cause to peoples vision with abominations like these......How do you sleep at night ?

Hmmm funny !

Hmmm and maybe you shouldn't take things too seriously not all my cars are painted like this, just the 2 ,it's only a game to experiment with . As for the bit about self-harming you've lost me on that one ?
Maybe you'd be better off playing on a Black and White tv :dunce:

Last edited:
Sorry for the major bump but I like this thread and it deserves a bump. Better than me re-creating one.

I prefer Mattes on my cars with chrome wheels. I have a Matte Red Ford GT with chrome Star wheels and a Matte orange No Stripe.

I do have a few cars with silver chrome like my Shelby Cobra and it looks great. Other cars I have those dark black PDI racing wheels painted white, nd they lok especially good on a '69 Camaro or painted yellow on a Red Mach 1 Mustang.

I want to paint my Racing Cart gold chrome though...if they are paintable.

Fiat 500 gold chrome, black wheels, all the bodykit and lowered suspension. It looks so cool.

Corvette 60 looks quite good in both silver and gold chrome
HighSpeedRing.jpg

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

But by far the best is this!!!!...
AutumnRingMini.jpg

Most cars look really lame in chrome so I use it on my joke cars but the Zonda R looks amazing! Now I know what to use my next chrome on :) Great thread.

ChromeMB1s.jpg

I think some cars look a lot better than others. Think before you paint, so hard to replace. Here is the Mercedes with 10" wheels.

That's what I used my Silver Chrome on, and I love it. I painted the wheels black chrome too.

I painted the SLS AMG Blue Chrome with a Carbon hood and I think it looks pretty sharp too.

Back