cars that use computers to go fast vs cars that use human skill

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 11 comments
  • 1,056 views

ars that use computers to go fast vs cars that use human skill

  • NSX pls, no computer help for me

    Votes: 12 70.6%
  • GTR, computer help is the future and is faster

    Votes: 5 29.4%

  • Total voters
    17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
421
Messages
Brainhulk
what do you prefer to drive? For example a 4wd GT-R and all its torque vectoring gizmos vs a 2wd NSX no traction control.
 
Since I have never driven either in real life it is kinda hard to say. I can tell you that I like the TCS and ABS systems in my Mustang, especially when I let my wife drive it and even more when there is a bit of snow on the road.

The TCS of course has a handy dandy little button to toggle it off if you want to feel the power and destroy some tires ;)


More to the point of the thread, computers can process a lot more information very quickly and can dial the most out of a car. I would imagine that it is or soon will be possible to make a car that would be faster without the human in it.
 
I like to go fast, so whichever car gets me there fastest.

In on another Brainhulk flame bait thread...
 
I honestly don't like the GTR at all. It's ugly, fat, heavy, and essentially controlled by a computer. It's like you're not even driving it. The equivalent of a Range Rovers off road electronics helping you off road but only for the race track.

I had a fwd Mini Cooper S before my bmw and I NEVER drove with the traction control system on. It was more dangerous believe it or not. With my bmw, I turn it off in the snow at times. With the great tires I have on it, I enjoy the challenge driving in snow. Only until it's real bad do I leave the TCS on.

Edit: I'm talking real life here, not gran turismo. And the bmw I have is not an X drive model.
 
I really cant say. Those cars are on a level that I may never get to experience in real life. All the fast cars I have driven don't have any fancy gizmos. The fanciest thing I have ever had in a car is ABS and only one of the six cars I have owned had ABS.
 
I like to go fast, so whichever car gets me there fastest.
Fast=fast. If my goal is to do something the fastest, I don't care what car I'm using, as long as it's the fastest.

Nearly every car since 2000 has ABS and ESP...so I really don't get the point.
 
But you've never driven one doe...

Neither have you? Whats your point?

I know what traction control feels like. I'd rather have it off.
 
Neither have you? Whats your point?

I know what traction control feels like. I'd rather have it off.
I'm not saying "It's like you're not even driving it." without ever driving it.
gooby pls
 
There should be an option for both. I love both kinds of cars equally.
 
As far as I'm aware all current cars use human skill to go fast. Just because there are some computers to help you out doesn't mean you don't have to have skill in order to drive fast.
 
Unless you're driving a pre 1975 car you have some sort of assist that takes away from 100% human control. You could even count synchros as they match ( or help not destroy your transmission when ) rpm's when you shift.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back