Cars with DRS / Kers / Active Aero?

• Thread starter micmansour
  • 16 comments
Australia
Sydney
As asked in the Car List thread, is there a list showing which cars have DRS and / or KERS? And out of interest, any list showing cars with active aero?

F1 (or whatever they call them) will probably be the only ones with DRS except maybe a hyper car or two. F1 will also have KERS and the LMP1-H will have KERS, as well as maybe a hyper car or two. IndyCar's have push-to-pass, not sure if any of the other cars in the game do. I might be missing some but those are the ones I know for sure.

F1 (or whatever they call them) will probably be the only ones with DRS except maybe a hyper car or two. F1 will also have KERS and the LMP1-H will have KERS, as well as maybe a hyper car or two. IndyCar's have push-to-pass, not sure if any of the other cars in the game do. I might be missing some but those are the ones I know for sure.

So the Indy cars do have push to pass in this game?I don’t see the option on the wheel. And when I pres KERS nothing happens

The Formula X also has a strange one. It's as if you need to hold the boost button down in order for the car to hit anywhere close to top speed else it goes nowhere near it. Seems very odd to me. Also difficult to drive precisely with one thumb holding the button down.

I think in this car it's designed for acceleration boosts, not really to pass at high speeds, similar to the Toyota LMP1.

So the Indy cars do have push to pass in this game?I don’t see the option on the wheel. And when I pres KERS nothing happens

It should. You can see the P2P display on your steering wheel and each time you hit the KERS button (pretty sure it's the KERS button) you'll see that number drop.

It should. You can see the P2P display on your steering wheel and each time you hit the KERS button (pretty sure it's the KERS button) you'll see that number drop.

So I noticed that for the first time last night. I did a 30 lap race at Indy oval in career. I was given 1 P2P. Does it vary by the number of laps you choose?

So I noticed that for the first time last night. I did a 30 lap race at Indy oval in career. I was given 1 P2P. Does it vary by the number of laps you choose?

I have no idea how it works in game honestly. Whenever I'm hot lapping it I think it's always at 10 but I have yet to do an actual race with it. 1 seems way too low, but then it shouldn't be allowed on ovals either so maybe that's just how they deal with it on ovals.

The best thing is when you do a rolling start and your AI-controlled car decides to use 1 or 2 boosts before the lights go green. Happened to me in more than one car.

The best thing is when you do a rolling start and your AI-controlled car decides to use 1 or 2 boosts before the lights go green. Happened to me in more than one car.

Seems like it's best to stay away from rolling starts at the moment, I've read about several issues with it.

I have no idea how it works in game honestly. Whenever I'm hot lapping it I think it's always at 10 but I have yet to do an actual race with it. 1 seems way too low, but then it shouldn't be allowed on ovals either so maybe that's just how they deal with it on ovals.

That’s a good point! I didn’t even think about the no P2P on ovals. I’m interested to see what it looks like on the next road or street course.

Seems like it's best to stay away from rolling starts at the moment, I've read about several issues with it.
I was only doing it because of the crazy first corner pile ups. Haven't tried a standing start since patch 2.0 so might have to try it now.

I was only doing it because of the crazy first corner pile ups. Haven't tried a standing start since patch 2.0 so might have to try it now.

I've seen people complaining about the cars crashing or getting out of position while under computer control during a rolling start so I've been staying away from them. I hope it gets sorted because rolling starts is something I've wanted for a while.

I've seen people complaining about the cars crashing or getting out of position while under computer control during a rolling start so I've been staying away from them. I hope it gets sorted because rolling starts is something I've wanted for a while.
Yeah it does happen. Seemed a lot better in the first game for sure.

So the Time Attack Lancer EVO seems to have a KERS system of some kind, which you need to hold down to keep active. Though couldn't really see any power boost

Back