Cars with "other" option while customizing?

• Thread starter Ethan_777
  • 30 comments
I know the newest premium Lotus Elise does, and one of the Suzuki Cappucinos, the Ford GT40 and the Aventador and the newest Viper. Those are the ones I know off the top of my head.

Elise gets a hard top
Cappucino gets a headlight cover
Not sure about the GT40
Viper & Aventador get different mirrors

The El Camino, if I remember correctly had a few options, I think it has a camper top as one of them as well as a flat bed cover

I think the 66 Beatle had some bumper options

GT40 gets Engine cover scoops and different shaped extractor hoods
mki-vs-mkii.gif

01.jpg

rlouver1.jpg

Yes but that's aero, same with the Merc' 300 too. This thread is specifically about the other options available. Reading the title can often help avoid embarrassment.

Yes but that's aero. This thread is specifically about the other options available. Reading the title can often help avoid embarrassment.

Well, it's more "other" than "aero", although the game classifies it in that way. This thread is about unique appearances, so I say bumper options counts.

Well, it's more "other" than "aero", although the game classifies it in that way. This thread is about unique appearances, so I say bumper options counts.

Well obviously you just like making things up as you go along then!! This thread is purposely about the 4th option, 'OTHERS'. It does not state at any point 'including aero that alters appearance' as that would practically included all cars that aero can be fitted to.

I don't mean to be rude, but it doesn't matter what you think counts. As XPOWER stated, this thread is about the modifications under the "Other" option in the tuning parts section. I agree that bumper changes on a Samba Bus shouldn't be considered an aero mod, but that's not the point.

Let's just stick to the topic.

Well obviously you just like making things up as you go along then!! This thread is purposely about the 4th option, 'OTHERS'. It does not state at any point 'including aero that alters appearance' as that would practically included all cars that aero can be fitted to.

Relax, no need to waste all your exclamation marks on me.

I don't mean to be rude, but it doesn't matter what you think counts. As XPOWER stated, this thread is about the modifications under the "Other" option in the tuning parts section. I agree that bumper changes on a Samba Bus shouldn't be considered an aero mod, but that's not the point.

Let's just stick to the topic.

Well, if you have a strictly literal interpretation of the subject. I prefer to read into the context and see what the OP really is asking for, which in this case is unique body modifications.

And for your information, due to the un-aero-ness of bumpers, I thought for a weak moment that bumper options where an "other" option until mister rude-for-no-reason above pointed out that it was in fact aero.

If you want me to delete the post I'm sorry that I must disappoint you, because an "oops sorry" post would be even more off-topic than a post that is actually about a modification option. As the post in question is only one line long, an "oops sorry" wouldn't even make it any shorter.

If any of you guys want to keep discussing this I'm looking forward to a private message, as it would other wise just clutter this thread up. Thanks.

Why not making a list of cars that actually have something in the "Others" option. Bumper delete or things that are added in the "Aero" option do not count.

So far I've only found a couple. Already mentioned.

Does anyone know if you can get into a "tuning prohibited" track with these "other" options added? I assume not but since they don't alter the performance in any way it would be nice if they were allowed.

nope, just checked on a stock cappuccino, as soon as I put on the headlight covers i was denied, same thing with bodykits, etc. You can paint and do rim changes though and it will allow you to race.

i just wasted like 60k trying this out lol :boggled:

Here's a few more that haven't been mentioned yet:
  • Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 - Carbon side-view mirrors.
  • Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 - Bottom part of front bumper is painted.

Last edited:
Back