Cars you can't believe didn't come to GT Sport

Group B Lancia Stratos and Delta. But luckily we got the road versions. :)

So the opposite of that, I can't believe there's no 80's non-Gr. B Quattro. :guilty:
OIP.9t8lOpmx85SGelZvodl1nwHaFj

Honestly you will have expected Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 2020 they made a gran turismo car
it would have been a great addition certainly there are other sedans that deserve as well as historic cars waiting to be added to GT who knows.

Any premium car from GT5 & 6 not making an appearance in GTS surprises me. I thought previous-gen premiums were primed for next-gen title inclusion, but not necessarily.

Likewise there are standards from GT 5&6 like the Honda S800 and Toyota Sports 800 that surprisingly made GTS.

So if these classic sport coupes made GTS, why not the BMW 507 or Mercedes 300SL.

Also surprised no Corvette C5s or C6s.

I'm surprised the Suzuki Cappuccino wasn't among the kei cars that were added. It arguably would've been the most fun to drive out of them: the FF Copen is the usual understeery and the MR Beat is a bit too tail-happy to be enjoyable imo. The FR Cappuccino would be a good middle ground.

Also, that racing version that's in GT5/6 would be just as awesome for one-make racing as the Mazda Roadster TC.

Not Forgetting this Zonda Pagani C12
two years ago it was rumored and
strangely the voices were absent
I think it would have been another interesting Italian car on GT Sport.About GT 5 and GT6 they were interesting ironic cars like Ginetta great for goodwood.

pagani-zonda.jpg

strangely removed 90 hp and very light weight

I'm surprised to see the 300SL not make it... would've thought that would have made it into GT Sport especially considering that one it was a GT5/6 premium car, and two being that it's based on the W194... the 300SL was also used for racing too named as the 300SLS.

Last edited:
I was planning to post my own thread about this but you got me by a long time so ill post my picks here.

Abarth Grande Punto 2009
Starting with a bit of a stretch but it’s the only Abarth car not to make the jump from GT6.
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark 2006
It might also be a stretch but I thought there was a decent chance considering how many similar cars got added and I prefer it much more than the Mito.
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione 2008
I initially thought going with the TZ3 Stradale but it would've been a huge stretch. However, I expected the 8C to be in the game at some point, it could've been a good base for a Gr.3 car and, along with the 147, give Alfa Romeo some much needed variety.
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
I expected this car to be part of the day 1 line-up alongside the GT3.
Aston Martin Vantage GTE (2015-2017)
I love the V12 Vantage, however it’s one of the oldest Gr.3 cars and it shows it. But unlike all the other brands, Aston doesn't have a better alternative and even though I’m against GTE cars in Gr.3, it was the best possible choice as the new Vantages were kind of a long shot.
Any V10 powered road going Audi R8
Nothing against the V8 model, but since the LMS was confirmed on the first trailer, I expected at least one V10 road model.
Audi Quattro S1 1986
I could've choosen any Group B car but the Quattro is the only one making sense, considering the Pikes Peak model is in the game.
Assuming PD scanned the real model housed in Audi Museum at Ingolstadt and not a replica. I can't understand why this was excluded. Nothing against the Pikes Peak model but it feels a bit out of place.
Audi TT RS
PD Insists with the TTS model which isn't a bad car, but an upgrade once in a while would be nice.
BMW M6 (F13)
Same resson as the V12 Vantage.
Bugatti Chiron
I simply can't understand why it wasn't added. Even licensing doesn't make much sense here because Bugatti built the VGT which is basically an exclusive racing version for the game.
Chevrolet Corvette C6 (Z06 or ZR1)
I expected one of these to return since older Vipers were added.
Chevrolet Corvette C7 (Z06 or ZR1)
I was hoping a newer model would appear as 4 models based on the 2014 stingray is a bit monotone.
Chevrolet Corvette C8
I guess you can't get them all first, but considering how much PD promoted the C7 it’s strange that they didn't do the same with arguably the most revolutionary model in Corvette’s history.
Dodge Challenger SRT8 2008
Since the Challenger R/T was added and a modern Charger was already in the game, I expected a modern Challenger to pop up. Either the SRT8 we already had before or possibly even the Hellcat or Demon but these were long shots.
Dodge Viper ACR 2008
The only previously premium Viper not returning from GT6.
Ferrari 488 GTB & GT3/GTE
One of the many cars many hoped would appear early on and even though I prefer the 458, the 488 would've certainly given Ferrari a better chance at the World Championship.
Ferrari FXX
Most likely the early 2007 model but even newer models weren't out of question, since the P1 GTR and Zonda R are in the game.
Ford GT40 MK.II 1966
It’s a stretch but seeing these new classics get added I had a hope it might pop up.
Ford GT40 MK.1 Race car 1969
The only multi million race car to not make it from GT6 and that bugs me to be honest.
Ford Focus RS
I’m not necessarily talking about the latest model. Any RS would be nice since the ST line has taken the spotlight for so long.
Ford GT LM/GTE
Like many others, the new GT was expected to be in the game and while the road car eventually made it, the race car did not which is strange considering the nature of this game.
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) 2004 – Honda NSX Type R 2002
I expected these two models to be added instead of their (at the time) non-premium counterparts.
Honda HSV-010 GT 2012
It might be a bit of a stretch but since the 2008 GT500 cars were added despite being way out of thair league, then why not include this one as well? It could've been out of place as well but at least it would've sounded nice (probably).
KTM X-Bow GT4
Ever since the X-Bow R was added I was hoping this car will also come as a new legitimate GT4 car can only be a good thing.
Lexus LFA
One of the cars the community screemed for and one of Kaz's favorites makes one wonder why it never returned (*Side note: Ι always wanted a racing LFA).
Lexus LC500 GT500
The last Super GT500 Lexus car (at least for now). It even debuted in 2016 so Gr.2 balance wouldn't be disrupted either.
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale GT3/GT4
In my opinion, Maserati should've returned with a new line-up to make the brand eligible for the World Championships.
Mazda RX-8
A fairly obvious choice to appear in one of the JDM themed packs.
McLaren P1
Ever since the P1 GTR was leaked I couldn't leave out the possibility of the road car coming sometime after. It would make sense too considering one of its rivals is already in the game.
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018
Do i need to explain why?.
Porsche Carrera GT
In my opinion, one of the Porsche essentials but at least it’s confirmed for GT7.
Porsche 918 Spyder
Maybe a bit of a stretch, but in my opinion it’s another Porsche essential and a good choice for the initial line-up to make a bit of a "Bang", I would've thought.
Porsche 911 GT3 R (991) 2018
I know the RSR is technically superior, but the GT3 R is quite a diffetent beast.
Red Bull X2010/X2011/X2014 Fan Car
I don't get why these didn't return alongside the others. It can't be a realism thing, that’s for sure.
Any Super GT300 car
This will be the first time since GT2 the smaller monsters won't join their bigger counterparts. That’s sad considering the amount of choice, new or old.
Any Toyota Celica
It’s very weird considering how successful the Celica line has been and the relationship with Toyota (but sure lets get two AE86 Corollas because reasons).
Toyota TS040 Hybrid 2014
While we do have the TS050 the TS040 was the most successful Toyota prototype ever, until the unfortunate 2018-2020 period, winning on merit against Audi and Porsche. So if the "slow" TS030 deserves a spot, so does this.
Volkswagen Scirocco R 2010
This actually buffles me: PD already has the license for the Scirocco in order to make the Gr.4 car and the R was already a premium.

Honestly? I was surprised the Ford GT wasn't day one and I was also surprised that we didn't see any other variants of the Corvette C7. The C8 should have been added to GTS as well considering how big Gran Turismo is, but I'm sure it will be in GT7.

Last edited:
Doing my best to exclude cars I would have liked to see versus cars that just baffled the mind why they were not included on launch or later.

New to the series:
Audi R8 V10 plus coupe
Mazda MX5 gen 4 Gr.4/TC
Ferrari 458 Specialè
Porsche Cayman 981 Gen2/Gen3
Bugatti Chiron
Nissan GTR Nismo GT3 2016/2018
BMW Z4 E89 Coupe
Mclaren P1 (due to the addition of the GTR but I admit preference)

Returning Cars:
Evo 9 (Not sure why only the 4 specifically)
NSX NA2
S2000 AP2
Zonda C12 S
S15 aero
Nissan 370z

Without thinking about it too much I guess the returning cars list could go on and on but, just some specific ones I thought were a no brainer to add. This list is almost all JDM, not a supprise really.

Last edited:
I was thinking le mans cars that had been in previous games like

Toyota ts020, Minolta (ts010?)
McLaren F1 long tail
Bentley speed 8
Audi's r8, r10tdi
Porsche gt1
Merc clk/s gtr

The put in the Dodge Charger Hellcat. But no Challenger Hellcat?
Also, I'd have loved to have seen a Pontiac GTO "The Judge" edition.
And another +1 for the Bentley Speed 8.

Back