Cars you wasted money on by modding, AARGH *FACEPALM*!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedextreme8177
  • 53 comments
  • 4,999 views
Tuning that Veyron. It wasn't too $$$ since it was a prize but the new mods didn't do too much in terms of handling.
 
Gallardo? Really? My fully modded gallardo is a blast to drive...my bob crashes it all the time though...
my one real regret is the cobra - it is now impossible to drive in a straight line and every turn ends up a spin, my bobs can't even get it going stright for very long...
good thing I won two cobras!

This. Not only do I hate I tuned it, I hate I own it. Its already tough to keep straight, don't let the AI decide it wants to get phyical..:ouch:
 
My Rm'ed Elise was quality until I put the three weight reductions on!!!! After that it was crap!
 
Another one is the Lamborghini Gallardo: Understeer central, have to work to prevent it going off into the runoff accelerating out of each turn:scared:

Try running it off the final chicane at Trial Mountain at max speed... my fully tuned one caught some MAJOR air!👍👍 You'll probably even get the trophy for totaling your car if you haven't done so yet...
 
Schwimmwagen. Bought one in beige for the recent seasonal but had to modify it for it to be competitive. Not wanting to modify it in the first place, I decided to go the opposite direction; completely over-the-top visual modification (in addition to the mechanical it needed)!

I planned to start with some bling rims but the game denied that change so I painted it candy apple red, which suited the beige wheels quite nicely...BUT, it also painted the spare wheel up front red. D'oh.

Following that disappointment, I attempted to repaint the car in its original colour but sure enough you don't receive a chip when buying the Schwimmwagen. I proceeded to find the nearest matching beige from my list of chips to rectify my mistake but the body didn't match the wheels particularly well.

Completely dejected now, I sell the car to recoup some of my losses and put the funds towards another Schwimmwagen but the car cannot be "sold", merely "deleted". FML.

Long story short, I'm well and truly out of pocket but I have a new, stock, beige Schwimmwagen. Lesson learnt lol.
 
Try running it off the final chicane at Trial Mountain at max speed... my fully tuned one caught some MAJOR air!👍👍 You'll probably even get the trophy for totaling your car if you haven't done so yet...

Done already, with my GT-R tuned:D
 
Ruf Yellowbird. 400hp is by far enough, let alone 600+.
 
i won the cobra and since i had a chrome line, i fully tuned it to 720bhp, but obviously now it won't go round a corner, and a tip for all the people with 458 issues, if you want to tune it i put some of the stuff you can remove (air filters, ecu, headers, etc.) and mine is at about 615bhp with racing medium tires, and it grips like no other, and it has stock transmission and suspension, so to hopefully aid with anyone having problems with it :)
 
'70 Superbird. Picked it up cheap-ish very early in the game, and used it to overpower some of the lower level B-spec races before trying to complete the FR Challenge (yes, THAT early in the game!)

I sunk every spare credit into buying every mod I could to try and help Bob get past those little Japanese buzzboxes... I should have just bought a buzzbox myself!
 
Everybody seems to hate the Cobra, so I'm not going to mess about with it:nervous:
 
My Rm'ed Elise was quality until I put the three weight reductions on!!!! After that it was crap!

Really? My Elise felt better after doing those modifications.

Different feel or suspension settings could be the cure:tup:

EDIT: Double-post, sorry:(
 
i won a ferrari 599 as a random car for the lvl 12 card, and maybe my tuning is bad but it just felt terrible after modding it.
 
MR2 turbo.

RL ones are ballistic.

On GT5, they are crap.
 
Maserati Gran Turismo. I was so proud when i bought it. "This isn't like old GT games! I'm not gonna run around with a Skyline for 3 weeks before I get a fast car!"

It didn't make enough power for the events I was hoping to enter it in, and then I ended up winning another one. :ouch:

Same idea with the LP670-4 SV. I didn't realize there was a Gallardo-Only event coming up. Luckily the only mistake was that it was money I didn't want to spend at that particular moment. As it is now, I enjoy having those two cars maxed tuned. They hold pleasant spots in my garages 👍
 
Lamborghini Gallardo - sounds horrible, understeers worse than a FWD
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C '66 - understeers, decent acceleration for a 700+ HP car
 
i won a ferrari 599 as a random car for the lvl 12 card, and maybe my tuning is bad but it just felt terrible after modding it.

Well, I used the 599 for an enduro without modding and it also felt terrible. I think it's simply not a very good car compared to other Ferraris...
 
Another one is the Lamborghini Gallardo: Understeer central, have to work to prevent it going off into the runoff accelerating out of each turn:scared:

Lamborghini Gallardo - sounds horrible, understeers worse than a FWD

Understeer? Buy the torque distributor (or whatever it's called) in the tuning shop and set it to 20 front/ 80 back, it won't understeer anymore (at least with the set up I've chosen) and buy and set up an LSD properly.
Oh, and it sounds quite good with the biggets exhaust, not initially I agree but the sounds changes (like all cars seem to do) when it's fully driven in and it's not bad at all.
 
corvette c6, was ENORMOUS fun before i race modded it, now i never use it :(
 
Buying a regular Scuderia by accident for the seasonal event >_<
all that wasted money. Haha
 
I decided to RM my ZR-1, only to find it's pretty terrible.

I then got rid of the car, in exchange for a 1992 CELICA, worth it!
 
Lotus Carlton. Had high hopes on this 1 being a bit of a sleeper but no such luck
 
I kind of regret doing the weight reduction on my R8 Chrome Line. Now it's no longer truly stock. But then again it's not a real car, so I guess it's okay...
 
Haven't played with the settings yet, but the '82 Quattro can't turn.
 
I decided to RM my ZR-1, only to find it's pretty terrible.

Same, except I found the car pretty good round the track. But the sound was ruined :grumpy:
 
Back