carX drift racingPS4 

England
southport
I bought this the other day, dont know if you guys have played it, think its quite good actually, smooth frame rate say 60 frames, can judder a bit with lots of smoke etc..Has a photomode, but you can only rotate the camera around in a circle, up and down/ tilt etc...Lots of tuning options, you can make the wheels mad sizes, camber, track width.. etc...

A few photos I did, then edited in a hdr program, as i thought all the smoke would look good...

full

full

full

full

And a video...

I've seen a few videos on YT and the game intrigues me, however I've heard patchy things about how good it is on particular wheels. Supposedly there's crossplay with PC too.

I bought it on release day and I've so far put in more hours into it than I'm willing to admit. Haven't seen much love for the game on this site otherwise.

Fun game for zoning out after work but the performance on the (base) PS4 is pretty bad for a game that's practically a port of a mobile game. The only track that runs at rock-solid 60fps is Kami Road (thankfully). Every other track/map judders regurarly but luckily the game's still fun enough to overlook those issues.

My biggest gripe with the game is how extremely grindy it is for leveling up in order to be able to unlock maps.

Last edited:
I just found how to remove the HUD, as it dosent say anywhere in controls, you have to swipe the touchpad from the center to the right, once or twice seems to work...

One Year Bump:

I've been watching a ton of CarX videos and I'm probably going to pick it up myself. As if I had enough car games on my PS4 already :lol:

I picked it up two months ago or something when it was on sale for $16 on Xbox.

I haven't tried it on the wheel yet but on controller it's kinda... "unique" I guess, if you have the "controller assist" or whatever it's called turned on. The way the game automatically countersteers for you actually works really good and means you can be very smooth on the controller, it just feels a little... cheaty or something.

The car list is pretty great with good variety and some eclectic choices, customization is quite good, some of the levels are really well made and if you go to them in multiplayer or practice you can sorta free roam them which is fun. When you figure it out a bit, it's pretty satisfying to play. You also make money pretty fast, so you can buy lots of cars quick.

On the downside, it can become pretty grindy to unlock the maps, and the tuning can be kinda daunting. It can be a little buggy with collisions, but it's usually kinda funny, although restarting a level isn't as quick as it could be so sometimes it can get annoying when you ping off something and ruin a run. You can only own one of each car, so you can't really have multiple builds ready to go.

One thing I am very disappointed with though, is the performance of the SF city map. It was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on getting the game as I liked the free roam style it offered, but after 30-ish hours of playtime to unlock it, my standard Xbox One can't play it at a smooth framerate, and the stuttering pretty much ruins the chance for enjoyment.

If you like "checklist" games with a huge number of things to complete and get medals on, there is a lot to do. I don't like that so much, but I do like re-running to improve my score and I've certainly got my value out of it so far.

I find the game to be quite dissapointing compared to the iOS variant, CarX Drift Racing 2. Each map is only available in longest route/loop while the point to point section and alternate routes available on iOS is all gone. Clipping points and track specific objective are missing for the single player in the console variant, there is a career mode and a ranked PvP on the iOS that are not available on console too.

Car visual customisation is similar on version but the console variant have far more paint variant for decals but iOS has more decals to choose from. As for performance customisation, it is fairly similar but iOS version has a engine swap option for all the car. I remember seeing the PC version of the game could do engine swaps through mods.

Content update seems to be slightly slower compared to the iOS version, the console build is missing 6 new cars at the moment.

I haven't tried it on the wheel yet but on controller it's kinda... "unique" I guess, if you have the "controller assist" or whatever it's called turned on. The way the game automatically countersteers for you actually works really good and means you can be very smooth on the controller, it just feels a little... cheaty or something.

The controls is actually the same with the iOS variant of the game, it feels fine on a touch screen but when I got the game for my Xbox it just feels really weird and disconnected for me with the analog stick. I end up changing the steering to d-pad, it feels less odd for me. Turning off the controller assist will flip the controls direction back to normal but controller movement is way too fast and the front wheel switch sides way too fast and can barely hold a drift.

On the downside, it can become pretty grindy to unlock the maps, and the tuning can be kinda daunting. It can be a little buggy with collisions, but it's usually kinda funny, although restarting a level isn't as quick as it could be so sometimes it can get annoying when you ping off something and ruin a run. You can only own one of each car, so you can't really have multiple builds ready to go.

The grind is pretty bad but there is a exploit/bug that could flood you with money. Take the RX8 with the "grip" tuned and run a time attack race on the oval track, it pays around 1.5-2 million per 20-30 seconds.

I bought it last Autumn having never heard of it and really enjoyed it quite a bit. Not one I've invested much time into since, but I wouldn't be adverse to them offering more games from that series on console.

One thing I am very disappointed with though, is the performance of the SF city map. It was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on getting the game as I liked the free roam style it offered, but after 30-ish hours of playtime to unlock it, my standard Xbox One can't play it at a smooth framerate, and the stuttering pretty much ruins the chance for enjoyment.
Having put over 320 hours into this game, the fact that they have never adressed the performance issues on the consoles really bothered in the end. I overlooked it at the beggining but it got to me eventually. Last time I played CarX, the Parking map still had severe framerate drops. Not to mention a full online lobby. This game should without question run at 60fps no issue on the base consoles.

As for the SF map, it’s also pretty underwhelming and way too restricted even in free roam.

Got my money’s worth out of the game so it’s all good I guess.

Last edited:
I have discovered I quite like to do the Time Trials and driving rather than drifting feels quite satisfying - this game definitely would provide a fine basis for a dedicated Group N/Clubman circuit racing game.

Just picked up the game today, and it's actually very fun. Nice that they give you 3 cars to start with. Currently, the "Miata" is my go-to drifter until I get more money. I also bought the newer one for the Time Attacks.

Haven't jumped into Online yet, but I will once I have a better feel and setup.

I have been playing this for almost a month. Really enjoying it however one thing it is missing is a way of sharing and downloading liveries.

Also, trying to hit level 24 to unlock all the tracks is a grind.

Anyone have any tips for the tandem events in single player?
I am struggling to get over 100 score and finish with like 40-50xp

I saw this game on the PS Store on Sat. It is on sale for 8.99 US right now and I am thinking about buying. I looked for reviews online and only found 2 so far. 1st one said it was good and the other was it was good one minute but not the next. I am on the fence on this one even after reading through this thread. I am leaning towards it as it is only 8.99 and just to be able to create liveries and all of the tuning options might be worth it

I didn't know they had this for phones. Anyone know the difference between the versions of than graphics and FTP on the phone?

kjb
I didn't know they had this for phones. Anyone know the difference between the versions of than graphics and FTP on the phone?

Mobile and console version are different games, they share most of the content like cars and tracks but mobile has more features like ranked PvP, more routes per location and engine swap but everything is more grindy and certain cars are locked to special events. While the console version gets online free roam, night time, time attack mode and much simpler performance upgrade system but barebones single player content, only 1 route per location and slightly slower in terms of new content compared to mobile. The money grind on console is pretty bad too but there is a bug/exploit to get a lot of money quickly.

Last edited:
Mobile and console version are different games, they share most of the content like cars and tracks but mobile has more features like ranked PvP, more routes per location and engine swap but everything is more grindy and certain cars are locked to special events. While the console version gets online free roam, night time, time attack mode and much simpler performance upgrade system but barebones single player content, only 1 route per location and slightly slower in terms of new content compared to mobile. The money grind on console is pretty bad too but there is a bug/exploit to get a lot of money quickly.

What is that bug/exploit, please? The grind is savage with this one.

VXR
What is that bug/exploit, please? The grind is savage with this one.
Buy the RX-8 and the small oval track (forgot what it was called, but it's 400k). Then, put the Race tune on the car and do the Time Attack on it. You get monster cash from it because it's stupid easy :P

Note: If you have a Rank 5 car bought, you can earn more money.

Last edited:
I finally pulled the trigger and bought CarX. I had show much fun last night. At first I kept spinning but I figured it out quickly. I started slowly but I got enough where I could get the drift kit and that helped a lot. Next bought a body kit and painted the car and rims bright green chrome. I tried the Miata and I think it is easier to get into drifts. It was hard to find reviews on this game but there are plenty of drifting videos on YouTube. Watching those videos got me excited about though. Anyway this is a for little game and I really like the customization options. Is there an import option on consoles?

kjb
Quick question how many cars can you have in your garage
One of each vehicle only.

Shame they didn’t include the possibility of having multiple of the same car.

The game just got announced for Switch and releasing on 24th June:

There is a gameplay video of the Switch build in Japanese:

I am loving this game I bought a Lynx but didn't have enough for the race mod so I can't do the exploit yet. But other than that I love the livery and paint options, I especially like that they are available right away and not locked behind an experience level (like some tracks)

I found a car list with all the cars and the models they are based on thought I would post here for any new players like myself:
Car List

• CLASS 1

Hachi-Roku - Toyota Corolla AE86 (Sprinter Treuno)
Panther M5 90-s - Mazda MX-5 NA
VZ 210 - VAZ (Lada) 2107
Panther M5 - Mazda MX-5 ND
Bimmy P30 - BMW M3 E30
Hachi-Go - Toyota Corolla AE86 (Levin)
Dacohosu - Toyota Celica A20/A30

• CLASS 2

Solar - Mitsubishi Eclipse 2G
Wutend - BMW M3 E36
Phoenix NX - Nissan 180SX
Thunderstrike - Dodge Charger R/T (1968-1970)
Black Fox - Ford Fox body Mustang
Caravan G6 - Volvo 240 Estate
Mifune - Lexus IS 300 / Toyota Altezza
VZ212 - Lada 2102
Lynx - Mazda RX-8
Pirate - Nissan Laurel C33
Imperior - Mercedes-Benz 190 E Evo 2
Godzilla R3 - Nissan GT-R R33

• CLASS 3

DTM 46 - BMW M3 E46
Penguin - Pontiac Solstice
Interceptor - Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
RAVEN R8 - HSV Maloo R8
Syberia SWI - Subaru Impreza (2002-2005)
Sorrow - Lexus SC Z30 / Toyota Soarer Z30
Piranha X - Nissan 350Z Nismo
Falcon FC 90-s - Mazda RX-7 FC
Wellington S20 - Nissan Silvia S13
Midnight - Datsun 240Z / Nissan S30 240Z
Burner JDM - Toyota Chaser JZX100
Betsy - Dodge Ram Van (1994-2003)
Hornet GT - Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Inferno - Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
EVA MR - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Horizon GT4 - Nissan GT-R R34
Cargo - Freightliner Cascadia (2007-2017)
Corona - Toyota Chaser X80

• CLASS 4

Fujin SX - Nissan Silvia S14
Falcon RZ - Mazda RX-7
GloriousXZ - Nissan 300ZX
Kanniedood - Datsun 620
Hot Rod - Hot Rod
Hakosuka - Nissan Skyline GT-R Hakosuka
Hunter - BMW M2 F87
Eleganto - Lexus RCF
Judge - Holden Commodore VF
Samurai II - Toyota Mark II JZX90
Asura M1 - Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S
UDM 3 - BMW M3 GTS
Last Prince - Nissan GT-R R32
Magnum RT - Dodge Challenger R/T (2008-present)
Syberia WDC - Subaru Impreza WRX STI (2007-2011)
Bandit - BMW M5 E34
Warden - Mercedes-Benz CLK W209
EVA X - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Unicorn - Nissan Stagea
Flash - Nissan GT-R R34 4-Door Sedan
Spark ZR - Chevrolet Corvette C6

• CLASS 5

Spector RS - Nissan Silvia S15
Rolla ZR - Toyota Corolla ZR
Carrot II - Toyota Mark II JZX100
Cobra - Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG W213
Wanderer L30 - Toyota Supra A80
Cobra GT530 - Ford Shelby GT350R
Vanguard - Audi RS 6 C7
Loki 4M - BMW M4 F92
Atlas GT - Nissan GT-R R35
Zismo - Nissan 370Z Nismo
Speedline GT - Audi R8 (2006-2015)
Black Jack X22 - Ford Mustang (1965-1973) Ken Block's gymkhana Hoonicorn
Shadow XTR - Ford Mustang RTR-X
Nomad GT - Toyota Supra A90
Karnage 7C - Chevrolet Corvette C7
Voodoo - Dodge Viper GTC
Shark GT - BMW M5 E60
Patron GT - Mercedes-AMG GT (C190 / R190)
Flanker F - Flanker F Sergei Kabargin Corvette Z06 or Zenvo ts-r
SpaceKnight - Lexus LFA
Black Jack X150 - Ford F-150 (1967-1972) Ken Block's gymkhana Hoonitruck

Last edited:
I am loving this game. I like the livery editor. I am thinking about trying to recreate the liveries for the GT1 Soarer and Chaser. I will try to post them here whenever I can get them done Edit: May have to scrap that somewhat I looked a photo and everything is not clear so I may have to make some adjustmentss

Last edited:
The PC build of the game has a new PTR with 6 new cars, once it officially released on PC it should be coming to consoles soon.

The new cars are:

Equator D (Infinity G35)
7e62f442b6594edddd9063e0f97e487d153d8c05.jpg

Interstate (Pontiac Firebird 1977)
f022a4ed81350f3950fbc6c4b98e6707c2592593.jpg

Hummel (Porsche 911)
648590bd4cb990df6b0b8072b7feb29cd0b8fdb9.jpg

Kitsune (Honda NSX)
0c72dd1dd6f3aa13510e59e1fea640654c5f2aa7.jpg

Rattlesnake (Dodge Viper)
a5da0b69013b488014c530dafbd45ad7ca35c854.jpg

Grace GR (GR Yaris, if it is identical to mobile it will be stuck with that Pandem kit)
03c5bcc6968f8c1076013ee9c965f5940331b27e.jpg

There are also some new body kits to existing cars:

AMG GT headswap BRZ:
b6c31d0642a71f893354cdfe6d2cc9696081fef6.jpg

GT86 headswap Supra:
710bcbcb49ebf2eb04042dcdf7a38599d6300e24.jpg

Liberty Walk V2 kit R35:
ffdc1c4d209a04111f6a74cc4e48ac410ce42eb5.jpg

Daigo Saito's C6 body kit I think:
5dd3d999d09579624e75ce1e665c8abd448cf479.jpg

Looks BRZ Rocket Bunny kit design on Supra:
172eab27547a101cb39a177d2acc2a3928aec771.jpg

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/635260/view/5511827138702673380

Last edited:
I can't wait for it hit consoles in a week or so. Looking forward to NSX. I probably need to update the car list as well.

Last edited:
Back