carX drift racingPS4 

I dig this game entirely too much. I've been grinding and working towards making a nice Sim rig with my wheel and VR for a nice PC setup, while biding my time in GT Sport. The algorithms in YouTube and IG kept pushing CarX's videos my way, so I bit the bullet a few months ago and bought it...and I'm hooked. Yes the controller assist is cheaty, but I have way too much fun to care. It does suck that you can have only one example of each car, but the car choices are varied enough for me with lots of tuning and visual options. I also don't do too elaborate of liveries so it works for me. Maybe PS4 is working at a low resolution or maybe it works better for the game, either way I don't have any clipping issues. The courses are more expansive than you think if you're willing to find the shortcuts via jumps or parked cars you have to ram.
It's hypnotic really, lulls you into a comfortable rhythm while giving you a surprising amount of control. That being said I have started to use my wheel more and I find it realistic but confusing, and a bit frustrating...but practice and suspension tuning should work that out.
I'm also experimenting with my VR headset, no the game doesn't have a VR mode, but I think I can work out some nice things with the largest display setting and a very FOV adjustable cockpit setting.
Cross platform play is nice, but I don't think I can get access to a lot of the modded stuff on the PC version.
If you're already deeply entrenched into the Sim racing/drifting life I can see where this game would disappoint...for those looking for a fun and accessible stopgap on your way to more exotic locales like AC and the effort and expense it takes to attain it, this game is a godsend.

Unfortunately you can't get the modded stuff from the PC nor engine swaps. Also PCs get the new updates first. I can't wait for the latest update as they are adding the NSX among other cars. It is fun a game though. Right now I have been using the Toyota trio the Soarer, Chaser and 97 SUpra. I am grinding to get Kami Road but it is fun right now. I haven't gotten online yet as I don't feel my skills are the best

The devs did mention engine swaps was planned but did not provide any release time frame for its release on its previous FAQ on facebook.

The PC build got another PTR and it comes with a new track, Mondello Park:
fcdf134dcf33eb4a9efcdfc25053be7e83a71914.png

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/635260/view/2995441378573332626

Id also be interested in what type of motion data CarX transmits to a wheel. I saw some time ago somebody used a PC program to intercept the FFB signal GTSport send to the wheel and translated it to a 2DOF homemade motion platform fairly nicely.

Last edited:
My first attempt with gamepad ^^

Better game than i expect it to be 😎

CarX Drift Racing Online | First Try | DTM 46 @ Springstone

Just a heads-up: CarX Street launches early next month! After seeing beta clips and news on Steam, this game is going to be a good one.

Back