Cast Your Vote in The World Cup of Movie Cars

The fact that two cars from the Fast and Furious franchise made the top ANYTHING completely invalidates this entire poll. Laughable.

The fact that two cars from the Fast and Furious franchise made the top ANYTHING completely invalidates this entire poll. Laughable.

It's not really though, is it? Everyone has different opinions and the poll isn't invalidated just because people don't agree with you. The polls were likely answered by a wide variety of age ranges and I can certainly see the modified cars from the Fast and Furious being more popular with a younger audience than the older cars simply because they don't know what the older cars represent and/or haven't seen the films they're from. The newer JDM stuff is more relatable too, given how much more affordable they are compared to the classics.

Full disclaimer; I voted for the Fast and the Furious cars. The first film came out as I was just becoming old enough to drive and I grew up watching them so the cars hold good memories to me.

I understand the orange Supra. It kinda makes sense.

It's both Brian and Dom's hero car, it's the "ten-second car" that Brian owes Dom, it's the car that they use to beat the "More than you can afford" Ferrari. It's the car that Brian uses in the chase where he kills Johnny Tran to avenge Jesse. It's the car that survives the 1/4 mile drag race at the climax, and it's the car Brian gives to Dom to drive off into the sunset. The orange Supra is probably the car of the film that relaunched car films as box office paydirt.

What doesn't make sense is the 2F2F Skyline. It's in the film for the first ten or fifteen minutes, Brian drives it in a stupid CGI race, and it gets immobilised by an improbable gadget. It's not even the car he drives the second most in the film (Lancer, Camaro). But it's the car that's on all the boxes for the tie-in toys (and it's the main tie-in toy itself). Even so, for it to take down OUTATIME is beyond insane - that's almost the third lead character of one of the greatest movie trilogies ever, all by itself.

What doesn't make sense is the 2F2F Skyline. It's in the film for the first ten or fifteen minutes, Brian drives it in a stupid CGI race, and it gets immobilised by an improbable gadget. It's not even the car he drives the second most in the film (Lancer, Camaro). But it's the car that's on all the boxes for the tie-in toys (and it's the main tie-in toy itself). Even so, for it to take down OUTATIME is beyond insane - that's almost the third lead character of one of the greatest movie trilogies ever, all by itself.

The fact that the R34 with that paint job has become so iconic when it played such a minor part in the 2nd film is very odd, I agree, but I voted for it because it's a Skyline and they have appeared in a lot of the films in various versions (the R33 and R34 have appeared in 2 films each in the series, even if only for short periods of time). For me it won over the DeLorean because while it is iconic it doesn't really bring up special memories for me*. Obviously I can't speak for other voters though, and they may have other reasons for voting for the Skyline.

*Although I work with a guy who has one and they still look cool "in the metal"

The only time you will se a DB5 beating a Supra

The Skyline beating almost everyone is not surprising,every kid watched Fast and Furious back in the day,riced up cars were a big thing in the 2000s,it's not surprising the most famous R34 livery is Brian O'Connel's from 2F2F,i remember playing Need For Speed Underground and thinking it was such a cool game because it reminded me of the F&F franchise.

Everyone in their 20s will understand the results of this poll.The Delorean losing still hurts tho.

Last edited:
The only time you will se a DB5 beating a Supra
The Aston appears to have a fair bit more rear seat legroom:

f8b08c12789e0e319331cd32593f92be8999b796.jpg
p1190027-jpg.3718

Back