Cats, Dogs, and other GT4 Hazards...

  • Thread starter Thread starter UrsaMajorPrime
  • 56 comments
  • 3,158 views
Messages
258
Ok, I've searched but haven't found a thread like this and I'm interested in your stories. (after I share mine of course ;) )

I share my living space with a cat, a *very* affectionate cat - a cat who likes to head butt me at the most inconvenient of times, or who likes to jump in front of the TV just as I'm rounding any given hairpin.

I'm a nut about the purity of my garage and cars (as I'm sure many of you are) - I don't really like the new 'Driven' "feature" they've added in GT4, but I live with it. Since we've got used cars now, 0.0 miles doesn't mean as much as it did in GT3, but if I've never gotten in a car in GT4, at least it doesn't have a tick in the Driven column (as it were).

I like to collect the Cougar XR7's and the Jensen Interceptors - I've got about 11 of each so far with only 1 repeated color (An XR7 I won had the same color as one I'd bought, eh.), I've driven 1 of each of them to give them a feel and have left the rest alone - so I just finish buying an Interceptor and I'm on the screen of "Get in this car now?" (NO should be the default...) - just as the cat head butts my hand looking for some attention and I accidentally mash the X and hop right in...fortunately I'm a rather peaceful man but as I watched my game Auto-Save (ARRRGHH!) I really wanted nothing more than to wrap my DS2 cord around the cats neck. However, he really is a great cat so I just smiled and scratched him despite my desire to fling him across the room.

He's "helped" me out plenty of other times, and cost me a few hours of racing resets - but the Interceptor Incendent really got my GTO.

I've tried to get a picture of him laying between my wheel and the TV but he's fast too, soon as I get one though I'll post it.

Please share - I'm sure there are some good stories out there...

UMP
 
My dog leapt into my lap when I was doing a pit-in lap at the Nurburgring 24 Hours (B-Spec) and I must have hit circle because Bella didn't pit and so did the next lap with no fuel and running on her rims. Took her 20 minutes to get around at 80km/h and I was un-lapped twice (but I still had a handy four-lap lead).
 
i usually have to put my dog out of my room when im playing! she doesnt like the fact that i usually shout at the TV and she will come up to me ,

(dont know about you guys but when i play i cant lie down or anything, when im in a serious mood i sit at the edge of the seat or bed with my elbows on my knee's leaning forward)

and she will start to scratch my arm - so i move her over and say stop it! she will then retract the ears and put them back wards and sit for another two minutes the she'l scratch on the controller - so then i have to evict her from my room untill ive finished!!
 
My cat always wants to sit on my lap at the most inconvenient times. Right when I'm playing GT4, and it just has to rest it front legs and head on my arm. Damn thing. And if I don't give it enough attention (I'm concentrating on GT4 here) it'll get up and turn around then sit back, then dig claws in. :ouch: 🤬

It's been jumping up when I'm sitting at the computer as well. It will jump up and try to get warm. I'm sitting in a computer chair, at a computer desk, so there ain't a lot of room for a cat on my lap. That doesn't stop it though. But as if that's not enough, it will get up and stand on the keyboard. NO! 🤬

I've also had it chase the pointer around the screen though - stupid cat... :)
 
My cat will generally leave me alone, but she loves all the leads involved in using a DFP.

Back when I first got my DF (with GT3 - Not the DFP) she managed to disconect the power lead - the sudden loss of all force feedback was such a shock I stuffed my Speed 12 into the pit wall at Midfield.

Harsh words were used at that time.
 
I used to play with a DS2, and one or the other of my cats would often snuggle up in my lap under my hands. I played much of GT3 in the small hours of the morning that way. I had numerous occasions where the arrival or departure of a large cat stuffed up a decent lap.

But in GT4 I play with a wheel, and it's much too physical for them, so they don't try that any more.
 
My cat climbs in my lap when I'm playing. Fortunately for both of us he just lays there calmly. The other cat avoids human contact, so she and I get along well during racing sessions.

The dogs live in the backyard - when they come insides everything has been put away. A 65 pound Pit-Boxer and a 53 pound Lab-Terrier-thing can wreak havok on a house (:
 
My miniature schnauzer lies by the throttle and licks my foot when I am racing bare footed. So I have t at least wear socks.
 
ferrari_chris
My cat always wants to sit on my lap at the most inconvenient times. Right when I'm playing GT4, and it just has to rest it front legs and head on my arm. Damn thing. And if I don't give it enough attention (I'm concentrating on GT4 here) it'll get up and turn around then sit back, then dig claws in. :ouch: 🤬

It's been jumping up when I'm sitting at the computer as well. It will jump up and try to get warm. I'm sitting in a computer chair, at a computer desk, so there ain't a lot of room for a cat on my lap. That doesn't stop it though. But as if that's not enough, it will get up and stand on the keyboard. NO! 🤬

I've also had it chase the pointer around the screen though - stupid cat... :)

Yeah, my cat likes to get friendly with my PC time too - I can type without looking at my keyboard but he makes it hard to read the screen when he's sitting right in front of it ;)

UMP
 
You guys talk about animals. Pshhh... how about other living creatures. I have a 6 year old brother who is more jealous for attention than any animal could EVER be. I'm playing GT4, on xlink and drifting it out with other people. If I don't pay attention to him, he'll go to the router and turn it off, not only ruining the game for me, but for all the other racers as well.
 
Spyder_V
You guys talk about animals. Pshhh... how about other living creatures. I have a 6 year old brother who is more jealous for attention than any animal could EVER be. I'm playing GT4, on xlink and drifting it out with other people. If I don't pay attention to him, he'll go to the router and turn it off, not only ruining the game for me, but for all the other racers as well.


Well, I did title the thread Cats, Dogs, and OTHER GT4 Hazards - guess your brother would fall in under the 'other' category ;)

Seriously though, that's gotta be massively frustrating - I'd lock my router in a box with holes for the wires, course then he could just unplug it...dude, that bites.

UMP
 
Hahah yeah, what I ended up doing is just threatening to break his Kingdom Hearts CD if he does it again. I've gotten close, but then the father gets me >.<
 
My German Shepherd will get angry with me if she needs to be taken out and I am playing gt4, ( i used the wheel and a stand ) she will try a couple of things to get my attention....)

1 - sit right in front of the TV and she is big enough that I cannot see jack

2 - gently gnaw on the stand for the wheel until I tell her to stop

3 - lay on the floor on her back and kick my chair ( its a chair that rotates and reclines it spins the chair so I get messup up while drving ) she is a really smart dog !
 
UrsaMajorPrime
I'd lock my router in a box with holes for the wires, course then he could just unplug it...dude, that bites.

I'd lock the brother in a box with holes for him to breathe through :p

My dog, a West Highland White Terrier, normally don't care if I play GT4 or not (he's old), apart from the times where I'd normally take him for a walk. If I'm planted in the chair, and he's got intestants who needs emptying asap, he first tries to sit between the pedals and the telly, just staring at me, not moving a muscle. He can sit there for ages with his sad eyes staring me apart - and he knows I'll cave in sooner or later :p

I also keep my DFP+Racemaker at my friends' place, he's got 3 cats - and they REALLY like to gnawl on the wires! Worst thing though, is that the pedal unit of the DFP gets filled with fur/hair strands in just a few days - and when I take it back home again, my dog goes berzerk at it; it's like he thinks there's a cat inside! He keeps scratching and tries to bite it open, so I normally hide the pedal unit whenever I'm not playing :)
 
My damn hamster see's me playin GT4 in the dark, and thinks its time to come out and play, so he'll gnaw at the bars till I let him out into his ball to run around. Then, when i'm in a battle for lead position, he always gets stuck on something and starts freakin out till I have to pause the game and go rescue him. Ahwell, i'm sure Shumaucher has the same problems.
 
SRV2LOW4ME
My damn hamster see's me playin GT4 in the dark, and thinks its time to come out and play, so he'll gnaw at the bars till I let him out into his ball to run around. Then, when i'm in a battle for lead position, he always gets stuck on something and starts freakin out till I have to pause the game and go rescue him. Ahwell, i'm sure Shumaucher has the same problems.

Have you got a DFP? I wouldn't be able to drive normally with a hamster running around my pedal unit, hell I'm even scared my dog will get his tail mashed when I hit the brakes!
 
Spyder_V
You guys talk about animals. Pshhh... how about other living creatures. I have a 6 year old brother who is more jealous for attention than any animal could EVER be. I'm playing GT4, on xlink and drifting it out with other people. If I don't pay attention to him, he'll go to the router and turn it off, not only ruining the game for me, but for all the other racers as well.

Just do what I do with the dogs when it's time to play video games - chain him to a tree in the back yard (:

PS: I don't actually chain my dogs to the tree. They have the entire backyard to roam freely in. Chains, or permanent leashes of any kind, are cruel.
 
LoudMusic
Just do what I do with the dogs when it's time to play video games - chain him to a tree in the back yard (:

PS: I don't actually chain my dogs to the tree. They have the entire backyard to roam freely in. Chains, or permanent leashes of any kind, are cruel.
while i am playing GT4 (or watever game) I just shut the door to the gaming room and let him roam the rest of the house and the yard letting the door open. he freaks out otherwise. guess dogs in general have BIG attention issues...
 
24 horus of Nuburgring,hour 23:57:38,I'm on the straight,both of my dogs are acting crazy,they're running around the house.. 23:58:49,the chase ensues!I 'm on the last bend!!23:59:51


ALMOST THERE!!!!! 1 dog trips up!!1PS2 comes down with it!!!so does the back-up 27"inch I'm playing on!!!It all comes crashhing down!!!!Glass every where sparks flying!!
my game ruined!! Many Four Letter Words there....... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
 
UrsaMajorPrime
the Interceptor Incendent really got my GTO.
Nice ;) I bet most of the people on the forum didn't get that :) Anyway, my dog pulled the plug on the PS2 with his foot once, fortunately I wasn't in the middle of anything too important, although I was incredibly scared my saved game was ruined. I probably would've killed the dog if I'd lost my game. Or at least smacked him on the butt :D He's a big (90lb) chocolate lab, and if I have any food with me he sets up directly in between me and the TV and blocks the TV with his head.
 
When i am playing GT4 and my Dog is in the room he doesnt like it that i am giving all my attention to the game (and not him) he will then try get my attention and when i say "Max go away a minute boy i am in the middle of a race" he will back off and continually bark at me because he wants to play.Until i tear myself away from the ps2, He will bark all the time and get on my Nerves i then say Shut up and put him out the backgarden where he will sulk for ages. :drool:
 
F089/H
24 horus of Nuburgring,hour 23:57:38,I'm on the straight,both of my dogs are acting crazy,they're running around the house.. 23:58:49,the chase ensues!I 'm on the last bend!!23:59:51


ALMOST THERE!!!!! 1 dog trips up!!1PS2 comes down with it!!!so does the back-up 27"inch I'm playing on!!!It all comes crashhing down!!!!Glass every where sparks flying!!
my game ruined!! Many Four Letter Words there....... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I think the ruinied race is the least of the problems here. Smashed TV and PS2 mean no more GT4 in a hurry. :scared:

:lol: These stories are great. Very entertaining and very funny. Keep them coming...
 
All my dogs know when i flick the switch on the back of the PS2 that its time to get out of the room as quick as possible. so they do without been asked or forced. somtimes my auntie will come around with here dog and he hasnt learned that when the ps2 is on that im not in the mood for petting him. but im ok about it i just put him in the kitchen with the others and shut the door. :)
 
Imagine this.
Your on the 23rd hour of the Nur~ 24 hr and your cruising in your Supra and putting in some nice lap times.
Then your mum opens the back door and your Dog comes charging in up the stairs to your room (excited to see you) an accidently knocks off the playstation. Which is lying on the floor 👍

I swear to god if my Dog done that i would shoot him.

Literally.

When i do the race tomorrow i am going to tie him up somewhere just incase 👍




Nah... :dunce: :dunce:
 
My cat likes to roll around on my feet and sometimes when I'm using my DFP he'll roll on my brake pedal. He cost me a race once!!
 
UrsaMajorPrime
I've tried to get a picture of him laying between my wheel and the TV but he's fast too, soon as I get one though I'll post it.

Please share - I'm sure there are some good stories out there...

UMP

hehe.. i know EXACTLY how you feel.. As soon as you pick up whatever camera is in your proximity - a cat will stop doing whatever ass-backwards thing it's doing - and won't start again until the camera is gone :lol:

But no... The cats know (from being pushed off the table) that when the DFP is in motion, you either get on top of the monitor - quietly, and not in front of it, or stay on the floor..

Lovely little bastards ain't they ;)
 
My stupid little cousin makes a game of covering my eyes when im racing.
 
Slick Rick
My stupid little cousin makes a game of covering my eyes when im racing.
💡 You could lock him that box with Spyder_V's brother. They can entertain each other... 👍
 
ferrari_chris
💡 You could lock him that box with Spyder_V's brother. They can entertain each other... 👍

That's pretty funny!

JTSnooks
UrsaMajorPrime
He's "helped" me out plenty of other times, and cost me a few hours of racing resets - but the Interceptor Incendent really got my GTO.

UMP

Nice ;) I bet most of the people on the forum didn't get that :).

I was wondering if anybody would catch that ;)

UMP
 
Perhaps you would care to share the joke with others?

Not me of course, I understand it fully, :lol:. :sly:

But there may be others who don't get it, but are too scared to ask, so I'll ask for their benefit:

UrsaMajorPrime
He's "helped" me out plenty of other times, and cost me a few hours of racing resets - but the Interceptor Incendent really got my GTO.
I don't get it - please explain? :dunce:

:)
 
Back