Cats

homeforsummer

Bonbonbonbons!
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Not the play, the creatures.

I'd forgotten how awesome they are. I used to have a cat when I was growing up, but unfortunately it had to be put down around 8 years ago now, at the ripe old age of 18. But I have so many fond memories of having a pet cat. Ours was a tabby/burmese cross - tabby colouring with a burmese cat's big brown ears and bigger hind legs, could jump some pretty damn impressive heights, and was the sweetest-natured thing ever.

Anyway I've been getting all nostalgic because I've been looking at cat videos on Youtube, and this one makes me laugh every single time I watch it:

GOTCHA! Bengal cats are especially awesome. The first time I saw my uncle and aunt's Bengal it was staring at me from the top of a Chrismas tree :lol:

Anyone have any great stories of their cats or good pics/vids? Post them here (I'm aware we have a thread about posting pics of your pets, but not one solely for cats. And cats rule, mmmkay?)

I've had a cat as a pet too. He was actually rather smart. he waked me up in the morning and waited at the door when I got home from school. he also had weird likings, such as carrot casserole. :odd:

I have a Bengal and so far it is 8. Kitten is the best fun but when he's 8 you can sit with him in the sun and lately he seems to sleep with me. Ill get some pictures up soon. I have the white spotted bengal cat. (Probably not the actual name but thats what it looks like)

A bonus with bengals is that they are immune to a certain disease which I can't remember that almost cost my friend his cats life. Also, if you like an alrm to wake you up of a morning, my cat seems to get 6am spot on every morning. I'm not fussed cause that is when I wake up anyway.

Like I said pictures coming soon.

Last edited:
Haha, we've got two both with very distinct personalities. Ones called Felix and the others called Dutchess, we actually inherited that one from the neighbours when they moved, she wouldn't move with them, she kept coming back so they asked if we'd look after her. She's the dominant one, if Felix wan't to go out she'll sit in his way and just stare at him and he won't move. Put food out though and the tables turn, suddenly he's in charge, he wants his food (and hers) and he doesn't care how he gets it.

Whoa, I was gonna make a thread like this earlier. Only to refrain in fear of lockage.

OT: I have 3 cats. All seem to be normal, except for the one they know as Cottontail. He's wild, also, my favourite. We're very close. Whenever I come home from school he recognises me at the bottom of the road and runs down to me, only to walk by my side back to the house. He's a black & white American Bi-Colour.

Our other cats are Tiny and Buffy. Tiny is a Ginger Tabby and Buffy is a Norwegian Forest Cat.

EDIT: I have a slight problem with Cottontail, when I got home on Thursday he had a wound above his right eye, it appeared to be leaking pus and was quite bloody. However, I didn't want to touch it as he seemed comfortable at the time and I didn't want to ruin that. It seems to have begun to heal this morning. But should I take him to the vet, just in case?

Last edited:
Pictures of my cat. Quality might be bad due to it being taken with my phone...

Bad quality night picture.

LOL at the pictures above. Well just one specifically.

I've got a Tabby, her name is Sippee. Only 11 months old, she LOVES to sleep on my computer chair lol. Then after a little nap, she'll come over to the bed and sleep through the rest of the night with me.

iv got two, sisters, rescue cats from some family that dumped em at the center in a drawer with their kittens. one had gone grey from the stress but shes back to black now, and her sister was petrified of everything especially feet. though recently shes found her confidence and its clear she has a screw loose, running into doors, staring at the floor :odd: last year she seemed to remember how to meow and she went off like a car alarm for hours
heres a vid of them acting strange lol, never done it before or since

Anyone have any great stories of their cats or good pics/vids?
No... because my cat ("Puss" - original, I know :P, completely black fur with beady yellow eyes) doesn't do anything.

OK, not quite nothing: she sits on you when you're at the computer, sleeps in the middle of the couch, and meows her head off when she wants a drink from the tap in the bath. :dopey:

Cats are adorable. The sight of one either sleeping or playing with a toy makes me go all fuzzy inside. :D

my cat was also rather evil occasionally. on some mornigs when I dragged myself out half asleep, he did attack my leg. luckily we lived about 10 miles from closest settlement, so no-one was startled by my loud "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" when he tackled my leg without a warning. :embarrassed:

Cats are cool when they cuddle up to you on a cold night while watching TV.

Cats are stupid when they run away from you and don't want to come inside, or wake you up at 0600 demanding to be fed...

But mostly, they're cool.

I love my cat :D

Minou is just about to turn 2 so he's still quite playful, and for a cat his age has grown pretty big. He's not fat, he just has a body the length of an adult cat but with a kitten face. I also really like his stripes and white paws, here is two pictures of him from last year.

For a cat he's pretty obedient. We tell him to sit and he will (sometimes, but always for a treat) and when we need him to come in we just say "come on Minou" and he'll usually start meowing back then come in.

...or wake you up at 0600 demanding to be fed...

That the coolest feature of my cat. I need to get up that early every morning, so if I forget to turn the alarm on after some nice sleep-ins with the cat on the weekend, I have a meowing and purring kittey cat in my face to wake me up right on time.

lol mine wakes me up by patting my face, and if i hide under the covers she jumps around on my back :irked: you might have seen these but theyr great and so true!

those animations are awesome, seen them before.. and I'm pretty sure that cats really go that far for food. :D

My cat has something wrong with him, for the past few years, he for some reason enjoys laying on the road, the middle of if frequently, but since I live in a residential area, cars go slow and everyone just kind of goes around him, because he never moves. I've driven up to him slowly before, and actually had my wheel touching him, and he still wouldn't move, even after I honked the horn.

Lately he's been moving more often, but he really has absolutely no fear of vehicles.

I love him though, but nowadays he just roams around, frequently leaving for up to a week at a time, he's getting a bit old to still be very playful.

Has it got athritis or any joint pains? It could find the warmth from the dark tarmac comforting and then not feel like bothering with the pain to move. And as it's now learnt that cars won't run it down it cares even less.

Has it got athritis or any joint pains? It could find the warmth from the dark tarmac comforting and then not feel like bothering with the pain to move. And as it's now learnt that cars won't run it down it cares even less.
Nah, he's just really really lazy. He runs around and everything else normally. I'm guessing he just likes the warmth or the road, it's the "not running away" part that's really strange.

cats + warmth = totally paralyzed and happy kitty. And cats aren't the only ones.. I once saw a mouse doing the same :lol:

You should see if you can install a tarmac driveway, that or a concrete patio. We have a concrete patio and our cats are totally in love with it.

Nah, he's just really really lazy. He runs around and everything else normally. I'm guessing he just likes the warmth or the road, it's the "not running away" part that's really strange.
My cat does that in our driveway. Well, sort of. He moves when I pull in, but I gun it, revving eth engine. However, when my wife comes in she sometimes has to honk and even once had to get out to run him off to get him out of the way.

Fortunately it is just my driveway. He stays about 20 feet from the road.

Back