Cats

Sorry to bump (though it was me who started the thread) but I'd forgotten about this thread completely!

Moglet, that ninja cat video had me laughing out loud. You just know that you'd see the cat closer each time like some kind of cartoon, but it didn't make it any less funny when it was in view!

Those Simon's Cats videos are great too, I'd not seen them before now.

My cat has something wrong with him, for the past few years, he for some reason enjoys laying on the road, the middle of if frequently, but since I live in a residential area, cars go slow and everyone just kind of goes around him, because he never moves. I've driven up to him slowly before, and actually had my wheel touching him, and he still wouldn't move, even after I honked the horn.

As Evan mentioned above, the cat now basically has the authority. It's learned that no matter how much of a pain it's being for the rest of the world, it can get away with it! Ours used to purposely walk across the road in our cul-de-sac really slowly if there was a car coming around the corner, with the express purpose of making the car have to slow down or stop :P

I thought that was when the cat has it's tongue caught between his teeth.

Which actually, is probably where the saying "Cat got your tongue" came from.

My cat always has this really smug I'm-better-than-you look on his face. What an asshole!

Smoke.jpg

Smokey has a white spot smack in the middle of his chest. You can barely see it in that pic. He's also got a few raccoon rings on the end of his tail. Weird.

Yoda is white on his chest too! :lol:

We've got three cats, well, we had two cats. The third one arrived after a friend of ours persisted because she lived right besides the road. After her first cat got hit by a car, she was really upset and she wanted us to take car of Yoda, her second cat. She really didn't want Yoda to get hit as well, so we "adopted" him :) The others are Witse, named after a Belgian detective we used to watch :P, and Mina, the smallest of all three, though the cutest. I'll see if I can find any images of 'em tomorrow :)

Smoke was a stray when he found us. He had been hanging around the house eating food mom layed out for a week or so, and one day she opened the door and called a name. He looked brown at night, like her friend's cat who is named Smokey, and when she opened the door he just walked right in. And that's about it. Now he just lays around and gets fat and sleeps right smack in the middle of the bed, forcing me to wiggle around the edges with my feet hanging off.

Now he just lays around and gets fat and sleeps right smack in the middle of the bed, forcing me to wiggle around the edges with my feet hanging off.

I hear yah!

Sometimes I wake up with hot feet. I look down and see to my surprise that three cats are taking up my "footspace" :lol: Oh well, at least they're quite. Sometimes when they furr, buzz, fuzz, whatever the noise is called, they tend to keep me awake so I have to chase them off the bed. As soon as I'm asleep, they'll hop right back on :lol:

Once I was running, as fast as I could, It was really windy, then my cat jumped out from under a deck and I kicked her at least 10 feet. It was funny. Just last night she grabbed on my leg, I kicked my leg, and she slammed right into my coffee table. I've probaly kicked her tons of times, but I just dont remember.

I shall steer this back on track and show you a 'then & now' pic of my kitty, L'mao.

First pic she's around 8 weeks, second pic taken today and she's now around 21 weeks. (Rescue kitteh, so no definite DOB).

weeks8.jpg

weeks21.jpg

She's luffly. Exceptionally laid back, mild mannered, friendly and loving. Ahhhh :)

My cat ("Puss") is awesome. In the "does typical cat things" sort of way. :lol:

She's ALL black, with big beady yellow eyes (oh so cute). But that's not why she's awesome.

She knows that when she wants a drink (from the cold bath tap), sitting outside our bedrooms and meowing her head off at 5:30 am works a treat; she knows not to take a whizz inside; whenever I'm in the kitchen and opening cupboards to get some food for myself she'll meow for some kitty meat etc.

So cute. Annoying at times, but cute. :D

Back