CCR: Casual Community Racing (PS4)

I would like to join. I was looking for something like ccr where we race and not play bump cars

Hi Polar. Unfortunately CCR is on hiatus at the moment as GT has become very sparce in players on PS3. As well as this, Project CARS worked out as a major disappointment on all fronts and there are no races being planned.

CCR is awaiting GT Sport to be released so we can re-establish ourselves as a Gran Turismo racing group, with the hopes of continuing our success from GT6.

My apologies to you. Hopefully you could join us all on GT Sport when it is released next year. :)

i56poy.jpg

CCR is now one year old and has been an established racing group on GT6 for many months with our external, private forum. We have hosted numerous races in conjunction with GT Planet and are now expanding our horizons with the newly released Project CARS.

A little About Us

We are a Casual Racing group where nothing is taken too seriously but we race with the gentleman's driver code but we take the racing itself moderately seriously to make the races as good as possible. Our main ethos is to have fun racing properly. Anyone who has raced with us before will know exactly how we run things and, as of yet, we've not had a single dissatisfied customer.

Check out our Gran Turismo based past here and the reviews we've had from your fellow GT Planet players: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ccr-casual-community-racing-looking-for-members.315743/

Project CARS

With the release of Project CARS, CCR will be moving some of it's races over to cater for our members who have the game. As only a few CCR Members have the game at the moment (6 or 7) we want to invite some of you here on GT Planet to join in with our races online and potentially join our ranks as a regular member. The group is open to anyone who races cleanly, fairly and properly but still wants to have fun playing a game.

Please note, we are only doing the PS4 version of the game.

What We Plan To Do

We have a large selection of races planned, scoping a lot of different motorsport styles both in Championships and Single Race Nights. We will also be expanding into Multi-Class Endurance Racing when we can get a full grid of human players. With the "Fill Grid With AI" option we will always be having a full race regardless of how many attend the race nights.

Here are some races we have planned so far:
  • Ginetta G55 SuperCup
  • EuroCup Porsche Carrera
  • Renault Clio Cup
  • ADAC GT Masters
  • Blancpain GT Sprint/Endurance Series
  • American Le Mans (Multi-Class)
  • World Endurance Championship (Multi-Class - Still In Development)
  • Oulton Park Gold Cup (Still In Development)
  • Classic DTM (Still In Development)
There are many more plans to come and we will continue to involve the members in event creation and development as it is you that are racing so why not have your say in what you want to race?

We don't discriminate from any nationality, race or ability and will try to cater for everyone who wants to race.

Any AI drivers used will be set at a difficulty of 70 or 80 to account for the faster drivers in our group and to make a very close, challenging race for everyone else. If you're currently running at a lower difficulty then please don't be intimidated. We allow all driving aids and the more you race, the faster you'll become.

Some of our Endurance Races have planned to use the "Swap Driver" option but there is a rumour that this might be removed in a later patch so this idea is currently being decided upon. More information will become available on this as we now ourselves.

Our Race Rules
  • Race Cleanly and Fairly at all times
  • Overtake Responsibly - i.e no dive bombing or brake checking
  • Please try not to rage quit from a race if you crash out
  • Take care rejoining track if you spin, crash or exiting pits
  • No flashing lights to intimidate. You can however have lights ON or OFF
  • If you choose to leave the race because of an incident then please Retire To Pits instead of leaving the lobby.
All Races will be ran with Full Damage, but Mechanical Failures will be turned off due to a Manual Transmission bug. If this gets patched then Mechanical Failures will become part of our races.

We will be doing Livery Booking for players/members racing in our Championships. What this will entail is posting your chosen livery detail when we plan to start a championship and that livery will be locked off to other users. This will allow people to have a unique livery when racing. More information will follow with the coming event details.

Final Thoughts and Information

We always race in a Private Lobby to stop outsiders ruining the races, so if you are interested then we will sort out friend requests and the information you need to join our races.

The races will take part between 20:00 BST and 23:00 BST. We are allocating four hours to have practice, qualifying and races. Information on the race formats will follow in the corresponding race descriptions.

All Races will be Ran on a Wednesday as to allow us to carry on doing some GT6 Races with other members.

If you have any questions about our group then please ask them below. Anyone interested in joining our races should also post in this thread so we can sort out friend requests and race access.

Hope to see some of you around!

Hi...your league sounds great, but sin this was written sometime ago, pleas le me know if it is still opertional..I am interested in joining! Thanks!

Hi...your league sounds great, but sin this was written sometime ago, pleas le me know if it is still opertional..I am interested in joining! Thanks!

Hello Skip.
It's a two-part answer really. Yes we are will going, however, as we are mainly a GT group we are currently on hiatus until GT Sport is released, and aren't arranging any races. You are more than welcome to join us, and we will be kick-starting CCR again shortly before release to reinvigorate the group and our forum for old members as well as finding new members to join us.

If you're still interested, I shall arrange the rest through private message. But we won't be racing again until GT Sport so it is up to you when you join us. :)

Hello Skip.
It's a two-part answer really. Yes we are will going, however, as we are mainly a GT group we are currently on hiatus until GT Sport is released, and aren't arranging any races. You are more than welcome to join us, and we will be kick-starting CCR again shortly before release to reinvigorate the group and our forum for old members as well as finding new members to join us.

If you're still interested, I shall arrange the rest through private message. But we won't be racing again until GT Sport so it is up to you when you join us. :)

Yes, I definitely plan to buy GT Sport when it comes out...I do miss the GT platform! Please keep me in the loop as to your plans...
Thanks and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Back