Cerbera Speed 12 Seasonal Events/Drift Trials

• Thread starter ESD
  • 19 comments

ESD

United States
TN
Up2Late
I'm pretty new to GTP, so, hello to everyone! I'm very new to drifting, just started a couple of months ago.....so I'm not real sure about the best cars to use, which ones make you look like a turd, or how to even set them up. I have noticed a few people using the Speed 12 and pretty much tearing up the Drift Trials. As a way to make more money, I decided to try my luck at the Drift Trials....wow...I stink. I did manage to get a moded Evo around well enough to gold the events, but I wanted to try the 2wd stuff.....so here I am, a couple of months later and I think I've topped out as far as where my skills will go. So, I decided to put up this vid. It was recorded live, 2 runs at the East course with a middle section that shows my current setup. 1st run was good for me....2nd run was pretty bad! Either way, I was hoping to get a little advice about the things I need to work on to improve my abilities with this car. I'm very "not good" at tuning for drift cars....with suspension being my worst category in the tuning garage. Anyway, if anyone notices something that I should work on, feel free to comment. Thanks for checkin' it out. Peace.

psn: Up2Late

Last edited:
...Eww setup is mad funky (just saying that because everyone tunes differently) but I like the video, overall nice job :D

Lol....yeah, the setup is pretty ugly...but surprisingly it's pretty easy to handle. I'm really curious as to what some of the other setups are....i'm looking to gain some understanding of the changes I make suspension wise and how they effect the handling. What I generally do is start with a default setup, change something, try it out on the track to see what characteristics have changed. I'm not concerned with Toe and Camber as it applies to the real world, only how it effects my car in GT5. At this point, I'm just stabbing at it....example....I had the rear spring rate at 15.5 for a couple of laps....I went back in and changed it to 10.5....don't know why, just wanted to see what would happen. If a change makes my car more difficult to initiate or to control, I change stuff.....not a clue what it does, just change it. I could have saved a lot of typing and just said I'm a tuning/setup idiot!! Side note: already changed the transmission that was in the vid....didn't help, lol.

Thanks for the link challenger94, but I did actually try that set up before I posted this vid. xDriftzzinc mentioned that everyone tunes differently, which I do agree with, but maybe I've done mine wrong so long that a "normal" setup just throws me out of whack...who knows. I would be absolutly willing to take that setup and practice with it if I knew it was the right one to change my approach towards proper drifting techniques. I guess what I'm looking for, aside from setup advice is this: are my approach speeds too fast, or too slow? Is the back of the car out enough? What is the best way to get the car to switch over quickly? I noticed watching the leaderboard vids that most of them don't use thier breaks much, if at all. I find myself using the e-brake to control my drift so much that it's taking away from points big time. If, after watching the video, you guys think it's just a matter of more practice....I'm ok with that too. Thanks a ton for checking it out, I appreciate the help and comments. Take care.

Well its obviously a point scoring set-up :ill:

I guess you could say that. My goal was to see how many points I could get out of this particular course. But, at the same time, I was kind hoping to find out what I was doing wrong that caused me to always end up in the 24k to 28k range. Honestly though, not having a clue about drift setups, keeps me from calling it a "points setup." It really did end up the way it did based on how the car handled for my particular abilities. Thanks for the comment Nismo34....take care.

Last edited:
ESD
Thanks for the link challenger94, but I did actually try that set up before I posted this vid. xDriftzzinc mentioned that everyone tunes differently, which I do agree with, but maybe I've done mine wrong so long that a "normal" setup just throws me out of whack...who knows. I would be absolutly willing to take that setup and practice with it if I knew it was the right one to change my approach towards proper drifting techniques. I guess what I'm looking for, aside from setup advice is this: are my approach speeds too fast, or too slow? Is the back of the car out enough? What is the best way to get the car to switch over quickly? I noticed watching the leaderboard vids that most of them don't use thier breaks much, if at all. I find myself using the e-brake to control my drift so much that it's taking away from points big time. If, after watching the video, you guys think it's just a matter of more practice....I'm ok with that too. Thanks a ton for checking it out, I appreciate the help and comments. Take care.

you should practice alot and use drifting for points, if you get a lot of points you must do it right so if you only have an 20%angle you wont get that much points but if you have an bigger angle you must get more points and the same with speed, you should not go to hard because you will take the outher corner and that will give you less points but you also wont go to slow. you just need to find the correct speed and angle that gives you a nice amount of points. just need alot of practice, i did practice alot and if you do you will get rewarded just like me. i ended up on the 42 place @ tokyo route. but i did it in a db7 vanatage '99 BTW if the tvr settings dont work for you maybe u should only use the suspension settings because they are really fine tuned but almost every track needs other settings :S and if you want your camber/toe like the real pro's have you should just put camber to -max and same with toe. if you want to have my vantage settings you should just pm me ;)

Thanks again challenger94! I've been practicing a ton the last couple of days, making adjustments to several different aspects of the suspension and LSD. I don't have a problem using the "pro" settings, and I've found a few here and there that seem to work nicely for the people who offered them up. But, for the most part, I'm finding the "typical" setup to be difficult to work with. Once again though, people like what they like when it comes to tuning. As far as the tips on actual drifting....that's what I'm talking about....does the rate of rear wheel spin have any effect on points? I know that angle does, but what degree of angle should I be shooting for? Also, is that degree of angle the same from turn to turn or does it only apply to longer sweeping turns. I guess those are the things that are the biggest mystery to me right now. How about this: if I lock up the e-brake and get sideways through a turn, would I get the same points if I slowed a little and spun the wheels through it? (at the same angle). Thanks again for the post, take care.

idk how much angle u need for the perfect drift but when i have more like 60/70% it will give me a nice amount of point but when u got something like a little chicane u dont need that much angle because u have to swing side to side and u need to do that as fast as possible to get the max amount of points. in real life drift tounements you will get lots of points when having an angle of 90% but in gt5 u wont get anny points doing that :S
when i drift i only use e-brake because u still get a lot of smoke and a lot of points@ online drift events. if you look at a vid from the top 10 drifters you will see that they also use e-brake a lot. the only thing about the e-brake is that its prtty hard to get used to, and some cars slide for like 20m and others slide for like 40m with with the same speed. my e-brake just works perfect i slide the way i want and i can even steer when doing that i wont just keep going straight but i dont know how the speed 12 handles so i cant judge on that car, hope i will get one soon so i can help u a little more :D
*edit
forgot to tell u something, a higher gear gives you more points

Challenger94, thanks again for the response! I believe that car is still within the gifting cutoff, I would be more than happy to send it over to you for helping me out. My psn is Up2Late You can add me, get the car and then dump me if you like...no problem. Maybe if you play around with it some you'll like it....I know it's not the best for every track, but it works great on Susuka East. Let me know if you want it....have a good one.

i will add you right now and i will send you a tuned db7 vantage for you, i dont know why but it isnt that good on suzuka east but great at every other track but u can play around with it and do some adjustments to make it feel right to you. i'm glad i can help you :D

i will add you right now and i will send you a tuned db7 vantage for you, i dont know why but it isnt that good on suzuka east but great at every other track but u can play around with it and do some adjustments to make it feel right to you. i'm glad i can help you :D

Ok...sounds good. Unfortunately I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait until about 1:30 or 2:00 to add you. Typing on my phone is a major pain as well...talk at cha later....thanks.

have to wait a few more hours before i can send my drift tuned vantage but i noticed that you have accepted my friend request so thats good :D and i hope i can make the speed 12 drift but after you send me that car i will first try your settings and after that i will tune it my way :D i also just bought a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R ’00 and it just drifts like wow! it just feels so easy to drift and 80% of the 360s that i do wont bail out so its cool to links a whole track and than ad some 360s while doing that :D if you want i can send you those settings but have to do that later 2, my little brother is playing right now :S

jack.

I realized last night that I have a '99 Vantage....the thing drifts great! You don't have to send one if you don't want. Also I was going to reset all the settings in that Cerbera unless you don't want me to. Trust me, my settings are screwed!

this car in particular is dependent on the owner tuning it to his/her liking.

hard to explain but sometimes I bust out an extra 2k on the first corner without any change in driving (so I think) and then I try to take it again and the points go back down to normal. Im like what the hell?

this car in particular is dependent on the owner tuning it to his/her liking.

hard to explain but sometimes I bust out an extra 2k on the first corner without any change in driving (so I think) and then I try to take it again and the points go back down to normal. Im like what the hell?

I know what you mean about that first turn! I've been hitting right around 6500 to 8000 points on it....sometimes I'll feel like it hit it just right and end up with 6k. One time I hit 9200 points on it....sad thing is, I don't know how the heck I did it!!! I've not gotten much response about setups on this thing, and that's cool, so like you said it's probably a "feel" thing when it comes to that car. Driftzzinc was the first to notice how out of whack my setup is, but honestly....it works for me. (DS3) Thanks for the comments Klevrah....take care.

Personally I use the DST to drift. The settings I use are

-22 / -23 suspension
15.9 / 19.2 springs
5/5 compression
4/4 extension
4/4 roll

Adjust the front on these to suite your handling needs
2.3 / 9.2 camber
-0.04 / -0.12 toe
5/60/60 LSD

The biggest thing with the car is setting the camber and toe on the front to adjust handling to your needs, then adjusting the back to give the car as much slip as you want. I use comfort hards in front and comfort soft in the back. Usually I get around 24,000 on high speed ring, 28,000 on eiger nordwand.

Ayudame
Personally I use the DST to drift. The settings I use are

-22 / -23 suspension
15.9 / 19.2 springs
5/5 compression
4/4 extension
4/4 roll

Adjust the front on these to suite your handling needs
2.3 / 9.2 camber
-0.04 / -0.12 toe
5/60/60 LSD

The biggest thing with the car is setting the camber and toe on the front to adjust handling to your needs, then adjusting the back to give the car as much slip as you want. I use comfort hards in front and comfort soft in the back. Usually I get around 24,000 on high speed ring, 28,000 on eiger nordwand.

Revived!

Last edited:
seriously.jpg

Back