Challenge: Linking Tsukuba's 2nd Hairpin to the Dunlop corner

RyosukeGunma
Tau88
Hello everyone. I haven't been there for a while. I decided to play GT4 again. It's so much that I can stay in front of my DFP all day. Anyways, I can drift pretty much almost every track except Tsukuba. You know, after the 1st corner, there's a S-Turn with small tight hairpin. I tried to link to the Dunlop corner but it's not possible to link all the way due to the wheelspins. I tried many cars... The D1GP drivers can link it very easily. If someone can do it, I'll praise him. I just want to know if someone can do it. It's just a fun challenge. Check the demo in real life by Taniguchi, a D1GP driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kwwBNhZLo&mode=related&search= (between 15 and 20 seconds)

Have fun!

Well, to me it is possible, any imagine line with will power = hotness though in reality if you let the car slide a bit and try to transfer it over. It may be possible like linking all of TM's turns

Well, to me it is possible, any imagine line with will power = hotness though in reality if you let the car slide a bit and try to transfer it over. It may be possible like linking all of TM's turns

I would Like to see that....Gt4 physics don't push the car far enough forwards to complete this link...as in getting pushed forwards while sideways in a drift

I would Like to see that....Gt4 physics don't push the car far enough forwards to complete this link...

Exactly, once you do the hairpin you usually just end up sort of burning out if you try to stay on the gas to go to the dunlop corner.

I've been pondering if this works. Staggering Racing tires to drift. Possible? If so, that may be your answer, as well do it on Tsukuba wet for your car to slide more. Just remember you dont want a perfect apex on that trun becasue your car by the end of the turn wont have enough moentum to reach that far. So instead of a round apex, make a pointy sharp apex, where the end of the apex is more straight than it is round. Would that help?

check this link of a video i posted from bim creative studio driftmasters its a dvd just on kazama and you'll see him link it too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gVpn4JQzK0k

it is possible you just need to figure out your gear and what rpm but it is nearly impossible due to no clutch and try using the full with of the course like hitting the outter line and you also need alot of speed and momentum.

I was close to linking it but i spun out half way due to wrong shift timing.

I've done it, but only with one car. Use the Nissan 240rs road car, fully modified with S/Softs on the front and S/hards on the rear, stiff suspension and a relatively tight gear ratio.

By the way, This car is by far THE MOST realistic drift experience in gt4.
Take one drive and you will instantly feel the difference between this car and
ANY other.

I've done it, but only with one car. Use the Nissan 240rs road car, fully modified with S/Softs on the front and S/hards on the rear, stiff suspension and a relatively tight gear ratio.

ANY other.

And where Do I obtain this car? I cant find it....

...it all so shows up for 2 weeks in the Historic Car Lot. Days 491-497 and 652-658.

Wow it's Boundary Layer again, didn't i hear soemthing about you off to College or something? Welcome Back if so..

I also figured something, not every game is to exact scale as it is to the real track. I say this because i have played D1 Grand Prix, man that linking part is much more easier becasue the length is shorter. Plus, i think that game has a stupid physics engine. What Im trying to say is maybe Makers of GT4 may have make the portion a bit longer...

Wow it's Boundary Layer again, didn't i hear soemthing about you off to College or something? Welcome Back if so..

I also figured something, not every game is to exact scale as it is to the real track. I say this because i have played D1 Grand Prix, man that linking part is much more easier becasue the length is shorter. Plus, i think that game has a stupid physics engine. What Im trying to say is maybe Makers of GT4 may have make the portion a bit longer...

I think GT is accurate in their tracks...perhaps in d1gp they shortened it....

I'm guessing its a variety of factors that could make this corner hard to link
A: it's a video game.
B: If you're a fan of the 'Best Motoring' Series, you'll see that Tsukuba is
MUCH larger than depicted in the game.
C: It's much too difficult to compromise between grip and power. If i try
and put sport hard tires on the rear of a big HP car, it becomes a losing battle. Likewise, if i put medium or soft tires on a low power car, i run
the risk of bogging down and actually finding traction.

IMO, D1GP, the game is seriously not worth it, its like play a game of chess with someone who moves their king out exposing themself ( with stupid illogical rules). You can get it if you want but i think that game is dumb. You're able to do the following:
-When your drift is starting to end, going 65 km/h, you kick the clutch button and then your car magically jumps up to 85 km/h. It doesnt make sense.

Also the ame doesnt even feel real, if you watch repalys it looks like NFSU Underground 2, the steering oversteers so ridicoulously easy its not even fun.

Getting back on topic, in that vid DG5 Drifter posted, you can clearly see that in real drifting, you can get your car to go forward while in a slide angle. And he etended the drift exit but simply doing something that switched weight to the front, you can see that when the car looks like its about to move towards the left side of the track ( that's to the right in the camera's view). In GT we cant do that, we jsut aren't able to just magically add more yaw length by braking or something.

I managed to do it with my 300 HP S2000 but you need to stay on the grass when doing so.... what I did was I get as much speed as possible on the exit corner before the dunlop tyre and use the grass to maintain the drift but it was hardly a good drift because I ended up on the inside line of the dunlop corner at the exit.

EDIT: oh btw I haven't played my GT4 for quite a long time, and I'm a bit rusty @ drifting now :)

ANY other.
Vid please. Once I see it, I'll believe it, till then I still don't think it's possible.
Is that game worth it for a Seriouse Drift Fanatic? Cause I want it so bad...

Get it, it's pretty fun IMO. Definetly not the most realistic game out there but for $20 it's worth getting it.

LOL we are still waiting for that tc link vid....I wonder where it is....perhaps he found out it was impossible? If not I appologize....but we are still waiting for that video....

With that said...people should stop assuming they can do it without trying it.

Back