Change.org Petition to get Gran Turismo on PC Help us

• Thread starter jjbk
  • 239 comments
Its simply means that PD is modelling their games in PC like any other devs ever.

PD still expanding

Staff recruitment
- AI engineer NEW
Make the development of automatic traveling AI racing game.
- online engineers NEW
Develop all the functions needed to play against other players via the Internet or LAN network.
· graphics engineer NEW
To work with PlayStation®4 and PC, etc., we will develop a real-time graphics system by GPU.
- game engine development engineers NEW
Various race rules in the game, and regulation, and the implementation of various functions to support the game.
- game script engineer NEW
Such as a game sequence and user interface, we will develop all the parts that touch in the game to the user's eye.
- Sound development engineer NEW
Development of game sound processing program, make the development of sound production environment.
· data engineers NEW
BI (Business Intelligence) system of design, development, perform the operation.
· Test build engineers NEW
For the purpose of improvement of software quality, make and build and test the implementation of the test environment, and design of the build environment implementation.
· pipeline tool development engineers NEW
Done through the software environment developed a flow construction for optimal content creation.
- Mobile Application Engineer NEW
to work in a mobile environment, such as iOS and Android, we will develop and support application of the "Gran Turismo".
- house tool development engineers NEW
Such as communication tool to be used in-house, we can produce a variety of tools that support the game production.
- vehicle simulation development engineers NEW
Improvements and of vehicle simulation engine of "Gran Turismo", we will do, such as reproduction of the mechanism of each vehicle.
· physics engine development engineers NEW
To develop a system for simulating various physical phenomena in the game.
- CG artist
Using 3D applications such as Maya do the 3D data production, such as car and courses.
· Technical artist
And familiar with the latest CG technology, improvement and rationalization and graphics system, do the technology introduction and technical support to the artist.

Part-time job adoption
- online management staff
Planning of online events, perform the operation check of management and online capabilities.
- Official Web site production staff
We do support the creation and updating of the various contents of the official web site, "Gran Turismo-dot-com."
- 3DCG designer assistant
Make 3D data production, such as car and courses. And guidance carefully to PC / 3D software inexperienced person.
· Graphic Design Assistant
Graphics, GUI, web, such as product, and support of the design work in a wide range of areas.
Hiring of new graduates
There is no adoption frame of the new graduates dedicated, consistent with the experience adoption of application conditions, or please apply without reserve, even while attending If you have the same skills.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/index.html

Nahh why would they put PS4 and PC

So when Lets say EA puts PS4 and PC does that mean that the game there announcing is for the PS4 but its being made using a PC :rolleyes:

Your reply makes no sense? :nervous:

PD still expanding

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/index.html

Nahh why would they put PS4 and PC

So when Lets say EA puts PS4 and PC does that mean that the game there announcing is for the PS4 but its being made using a PC :rolleyes:

Your reply makes no sense? :nervous:
Look again.

"Graphics Engineer"

It means that any people who are experienced in modeling/graphics tweaking on PC and implement it on PS4.

Well that's interesting! It's nice to see PD actively recruiting in areas they could use a lil help in :)
However, and this may be a silly question (sorry!) but do those "NEW" tags mean those are positions that have recently been created/opened/offered? Hmm...

Although I doubt that GT will ever get to PC, if it ever does it might pay off.

If there is mod support, the life of the game would be everlasting, with fans adding or changing stuff like the event creator that a bunch of people want, more cars (including standard to premium)/tracks/events, improving on graphics, physics, AI, sounds, etc., and implementing new things like in-race telemtery, actual race flags, a livery editor, etc.

If GT arrives to PC, it's something from which us shall all gain (except Sony).

Exclusive titles are only a good thing for companies, not for players.

But it will not happen.:lol:

GT on PC will not happen.

There would be a higher chance of GT on Sony Android phones.

image.jpg

Hi everyone. The time has come. Since the PS4 is essentially a X86 platform. And with the release of Direct X 12 and Windows 10 being imminent.

Its time we ask Kaz to think about putting Gran Turismo onto the PC.
Here is the petition link
https://www.change.org/p/sony-polyp...de-the-playstation-to-realise-it-s-full-glory

And lets be honest. The PS4 is a very low end pc with good low level API access. So it gets good performance.
But lets quantify it, the Fury X , the new GFX card. Is offering at least 200% better quality and power at double and even quadruple the resolutions.

Gran Turismo should be a 1440p or 4k 2160p game! And to do that Gran Turismo needs the PC!!

Kaz needs to know. That if he builds a new GT on the PC. He will have the freedom and ability to make a 100GB game. With full textures, and something we want real SOUND!!
No compromises would be made on PC, and we the PC master race would Damn well LOVE that!

JOIN US! And help this petition.

P.S.
To all PS4 owners don't freak. The game is based on the same platform, so its going to be co developed for PS4 as well. So voting for it, even if you don't own a PC it will only help. It will never hurt!
I know this seems pretty crappy. I mean 1st world problems right! But I am really passionate about this game. I hope We see more :) Thanks guys soo much!
I thank you all for you time

Again here is the link to the petition. please help us

https://www.change.org/p/sony-polyp...de-the-playstation-to-realise-it-s-full-glory

giphy.gif

Yeah, let's destroy the franchise even more!

Kids these days...

Although I doubt that GT will ever get to PC, if it ever does it might pay off.

If there is mod support, the life of the game would be everlasting, with fans adding or changing stuff like the event creator that a bunch of people want, more cars (including standard to premium)/tracks/events, improving on graphics, physics, AI, sounds, etc., and implementing new things like in-race telemtery, actual race flags, a livery editor, etc.
That's the beauty of GT on PC, a livery editor wouldn't be needed at all, making/adding a livery on PC is easier than having an actual livery editor.

giphy.gif

Yeah, let's destroy the franchise even more!

Kids these days...
How would GT on PC destroy the franchise? If anything it'll improve some aspects of GT as well as it will "ruin" some.

For exemple, standard cars will not be a thing anymore since modders will create mods where standards are premium. Sounds will be improved by people, a lot of mods will really improve things that PD didn't improve over the years, even though Kaz said regarding standards that they're pushing to make every cars premium for GT7 even though there's a chance for standards to still be in GT7. The sound is supposed to be improved on GT7. But let's say that none of this is true, then Mods will make it all true.

Exemple of how it'll be partly "ruined": the focus will not be on one platform so there are chances of game breaking bugs in the final product. Seeing how fast they react to things being messed up, it can ruin the game for a while for console users (PC modders are likely to fix things on their own before PD "fix" anything).

So, to me, there are no reasons for GT not to be on PC, just like there are no reasons for it to be on PC.

The only reason I see for both is change. People don't want anything to change (meaning they want GT to be a PS game forever) while some want everything to change (meaning that they want GT and possibly other games to be available on every kind of platform available).

Last edited:
Gran Turismo will come on PC and smart phones and televisions and surely all gadget connected to internet.

Sony is preparing a future without console. PS Now is a suscribtion service with which you can run PlayStation games on Internet-connected devices.

Gran Turismo 6 or 7 will in PS Now sooner rather than later as God of War or Uncharted or, within the genre of driving games, like F1 or WRC.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/

Gran Turismo will come on PC and smart phones and televisions and surely all gadget connected to internet.

Sony is preparing a future without console. PS Now is a suscribtion service with which you can run PlayStation games on Internet-connected devices.

Gran Turismo 6 or 7 will in PS Now sooner rather than later as God of War or Uncharted or, within the genre of driving games, like F1 or WRC.

:odd:

Well EA usually releases most of their games on PC anyway, but if T10 or PD say it I think it m

That's game streaming on PS4 (and other Sony devices I think) for PS3 games. What does this have to do with GT coming to PC?

Game streaming (which is what PS Now is)is terrible for everything that requires quick reflexes. No one that actually enjoys action or racing games should ever wish for PSNow to become the standard way of playing games.

It might be "passable" if they have a game server hooked directly up to your ISP's closest network node, but that's a very long way off, and it's still going to screw over everyone that doesn't live close to population centers.

The way I see it, for games like GT (or any other PS exclusive for that matter) to have even the slightest chance of getting released on PC a lot would have to happen:

1 - Microsoft would need to drop the console market
2 - Both companies would need to have a rather more "peaceful" coexistance and Sony would need to have a bit more impact on PC. When I say a little more peaceful coexistance I'm talking about strange things you notice when you happen to be both a console and a PC user like say why the hell did xinput became the standard for control mapping on PC for games that are released on both platforms? Or even the amazing fact that despite being competitors and PS controllers not being natively supported on PC, if you plug a DS3 into your PC the Windows device manager clearly identifies that game pad as being a Sony Dual Shock 3 controller...
3 - The console market would need to quit being one of Sony's (if not the) major sources of profit

To those who mention "I wanna keep the game on an affordable platform, thank you" I ask you to consider this: Yeah the hardware is cheaper and surely is cheaper buying a console than building a top gaming PC, but if you take into account the fact that no matter how much the console hardware evolves, essentially the "only" thing you can do with a console is play video games, so in a way 400 € (or whatever the current price tag are on the new gen machines is) for a "one trick poney" kind of device ain't really that cheap.

And to those who are unfamiliar to mods and modding, they have proven to bing major improvements to games overall in terms of lifespan and even sheer fun... Take game series like Fifa or Grand Theft Auto for example. The modding communities around those titles come up with incredible ways to take the games they love so much and bring them to a whole new level. This is what modding is about. Let's not mistake it for cheating, which is a different thing altogether.

I for one, used to be almost exclusively a console player for a long time, but nowadays given the choice between the same title on both platforms I'd choose the PC version over the console one. Long gone are they days where you were forced to use only mouse and keyboard and installing a game was a hassle due to some Hardware conflict. Back then, It was consoles all the way as You'd just need to load the game up on your fav machine and you'd be good to go, but times have changed.

I still love the consoles I've got but we should keep an open mind. Besides, this is the era of unfinished/beta versions of games being released as final product, courtesy of broadband internet connections/possible updates and DLC amd with that in mind, there are some bugs found in games that get fixed through active intervention of the modding communities. There are even things that make you question if some devs aren't ripping off some modders' work on more recent versions of their games. Another thing regarding PC's is the fact that it's not every title that requires the flagship machine to be played. It's just a matter of optimization and in terms of architecture, the new gen consoles aren't that different from regular PC's so it's really not that complicated or "undoable"

Impossible as the wish of our friend who started this thread is, it deserves respect.

if you plug a DS3 into your PC the Windows device manager clearly identifies that game pad as being a Sony Dual Shock 3 controller...

....:odd: Seriously?? I don't need no trick device nor some dodgy compatibility software? I just plug a DS3 into my PC with a USB cable and it's all hunky-dory?

....:odd: Seriously?? I don't need no trick device nor some dodgy compatibility software? I just plug a DS3 into my PC with a USB cable and it's all hunky-dory?
Sadly, no. I just pointed this as it's hyper weird. Despite the OS clearly knowing the device it doesn't work without a specific driver or some control emulator, since the control mapping used is the proprietary xinput (a shady way created by microsoft to impose the xbox controllers on people) but it's not hard to find a way to make it work and imo totally woth it.

In fact, if you check on pcgamer, the editors say the DS4 is the best gamepad to use on PC lol

Sadly, no. I just pointed this as it's hyper weird. Despite the OS clearly knowing the device it doesn't work without a specific driver or some control emulator, since the control mapping used is the proprietary xinput (a shady way created by microsoft to impose the xbox controllers on people) but it's not hard to find a way to make it work and imo totally woth it.

In fact, if you check on pcgamer, the editors say the DS4 is the best gamepad to use on PC lol
I mean, doesn't WDM identify most drivers that are connected to the PC? It identified my gaming controller as a Logitech.

Streaming games is not the same as making a Playstation game for PC. Also, I too hope this doesn't become the future.

Motionjoy. When you use it, its awesome. Its the single biggest reason I started playing PC racing games after the hideous times of Keyboard playing.

Back