Changes to Gran Turismo due to the FIA partnership?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 32 comments
They will make a seasonal event, two new cars, and one track. They will promise a lot more and they wont deliver it. Thats all

Sorry bud, no meaning twisting here, your own words betray you. In case you forgot, here is your description of PCars GTPro Mode:

Sim like racing, leagues, damage, livery editor, focus on series and seasons, Grid Autosport quality AI, Race Editor, better sounds, mechanical damage, rules, flags...you are describing PCars my friend whether you like it or not. The only difference is in the number of cars and the name on the box. :lol:
Johnny, I know sniping back and forth and putting in lollies is fun and all, but you're completely missing everything I've said on the matter.

I really don't want Gran Turismo to become P CARS, Toca, Forza, or any other game. I know there is some murmuring on the nets of a separate FIA GT Pro simulation game, but I think making a separate game for that isn't the way to go. Nor do I think taking a wrecking ball to the old school Gran Turismo is either. Millions of people expect it in every game. I do. It's really a lot of fun to blow around a whole goulash of racing, collecting cars like I'm George Soros collecting countries.

It's not hypocritical and it's not ironic to want to see a Pro Mode in Gran Turismo. Or if it is, hey, whatever floats in water. Regardless, Kaz and the team have a way of injecting some kind of panache into their series that other games just don't have. I've tried them, lots of them, and the only sims that suit me are the GTRs and Live For Speed. So far, and unfortunately for them, my interest fades pretty quick. Maybe P CARS would add to that list, but I'm just not into skimpy car lists and lots of one make races for the sake of taking racing sims to the next level. I could be wrong, but it remains to be seen how awesome sauce it is. GRID Autosport was supposedly going to be a fresh new take on racing, and it ended up being like Forza, but worse. In fact, while I'm about to shove off and give it another few runs, I keep throwing the bots on Very Easy so I can escape the idiots, and I keep thinking Forza 4 is a much better game and I really should be playing that.

Maybe I'm just a hopeless blue and red eyed GT fanboy, but every time I play those other racers, I keep missing Gran Turismo. The stuff that may be coming along for GT6 and 7 have me captivated. Other games, not so much. I'll probably give P CARS a buy and fair shot, so we'll see how that goes. Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a favorite series. Contrary to some people's opinion here. ;) Not singling you out, by the way.

I'd just like GT to be GT. To have its own flavour and not mixed in with the others. I just want them to improve on their vision and at the same time Give us the WOW factor.

Back