Changing Controls DS4

• Thread starter Gyro1780
  • 4 comments
England
Surrey
Spoox777
Couldn't find an answer. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Just bought Project Cars today (finally) & i don't like using the default controls. I really need to change to the following:

Accelerator - X
Brake - []
Steering - Left & Right Directional Buttons
Handbrake - O
Gear Up - R2
Gear Down - L2

I know how to change the controls but when i've finished i get a message pop up to say not all controls are set. I know there are others but i'm a little unsure which ones i need as i'm new to the game.
Does anybody else use these controls (or similar) & have a good set up?

Thank you :)

Just bought Project Cars today (finally) & i don't like using the default controls. I really need to change to the following:

Accelerator - X
Brake - []
Handbrake - O
Gear Up - R2
Gear Down - L2

I know how to change the controls but when i've finished i get a message pop up to say not all controls are set. I know there are others but i'm a little unsure which ones i need as i'm new to the game.

Always used to be the handbrake but seeing as you've done that I think it might be 'look behind'.

Accelerator - X
Brake - []
Handbrake - O
Gear Up - R2
Gear Down - L2

There is a shortcut way out. When you have changed your controller settings instead of pressing the circle to exit press the options button again. Then back out from there. That will save your changes. At least that's the way it worked a few updates ago.

However, I have to say you're missing out on a huge amount of driving detail and level of control by not using 3 of the 4 analogue controls on the DS4 to control steering, acceleration and braking. It really does make for a better experience once you've learned the game from scratch and got used to it. Persevere if you possibly can.

I've just started up my first PS4 and project cars the other day, had the same thing when adjusting controls. I found KERS is compulsory I think, but don't quote me lol.

Back