Chaparral's in iB race at Monaco, why

• Thread starter oslaf
  • 44 comments
United States
Arizona
oslaf510
I made it to the classic race in iB, and what do I find! PD used those Chaparral's in a early race at Monaco. I did not like having to race against them in GT5, and here they are in a race so early there is no chance to catch them at Monaco. I had to get a loaner from the community in gt5 just win one race. I do not have enough credits to even try and buy a car that can compete with those Chaparrals. And why is there no qualifying.

I have the 5 pack, will any of them work?

Unless it's the car I mentioned I doubt it would, even that was challenging. Best option would be to try and save up for a Toyota 7, then you're pretty much guaranteed to win. I believe you can use road cars too, but not sure what could be made to be quick enough.

I made it to the classic race in iB, and what do I find! PD used those Chaparral's in a early race at Monaco. I did not like having to race against them in GT5, and here they are in a race so early there is no chance to catch them at Monaco. I had to get a loaner from the community in gt5 just win one race. I do not have enough credits to even try and buy a car that can compete with those Chaparrals. And why is there no qualifying.
It's traditional - ie it's always been that way and PD are too hidebound to change it! ;)

What you describe is getting very very annoying in GT.

12 cars on the grid, no way to qualify.
Cars 2-12 are just filling and roadblocks.
Car on pole is a car that is like 10 seconds faster per lap than the rest of the field.

You're not racing against any of the 12 cars, just the guy on pole because he is ridiculously much faster than the rest of the field.

I want a field that is close to eachother in performance.
I want to try to beat the Golf GTi's and Seat Cupra's with my MX5.
But if they make a field full of Golfs and MX5's and then put 1 Ferrari Enzo in it, you're basically just driving against that ONE car.

They messed this up in GT5 and now they do it again.

I made it to the Historic Classic race in IB, and what do I find! PD used those Chaparral's in a early race at Monaco. I did not like having to race against them in GT5, and here they are in a race so early there is no chance to catch them at Monaco.

I was able to beat the Chaparral 2J at Monaco with the Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70. It costs about $200k and I think I added the supercharger so you end up with about 720HP and 600PP.

I cycled the race until I found a lineup with only one Chaparral 2J (who was on pole) with the Chaparral 2D in 2nd.

For the first three laps you drive thru the field and then sit on the 2J's rear-bumper (don't pass him). The 2J will pull out to a decent lead during the first three laps and then he will slow down because no one's challenging him. Pass the 2J on the final lap and go for the win.:):D

I found that racing against two 2J's or against one 2J plus the Toyota 7 was tough, because they push each other and keep their speeds up, but that it was possible to win the race by running against only one of these pesky rabbits.

Good luck!
GTsail

I used the Ford GT40 '66 Anniversary Edition on this race and increased the power quite a bit (can't remember the BHP) but figured I wouldn't stand a chance against 2 2Js. However, with a fair amount of creative blocking (especially on the last lap where I cut the chicane and stayed on the outside with the lead 2J outside me then watched him go straight into the barrier head on as there was nowhere for him to go) and just about won it. Did not even try the other races with it as the tight nature of Monaco was the only thing that gave me a chance. Am just going to save up for a 2J or the Jaguar 66 and use them

I used the Ford GT40 '66 Anniversary Edition on this race and increased the power quite a bit (can't remember the BHP) but figured I wouldn't stand a chance against 2 2Js. However, with a fair amount of creative blocking (especially on the last lap where I cut the chicane and stayed on the outside with the lead 2J outside me then watched him go straight into the barrier head on as there was nowhere for him to go) and just about won it. Did not even try the other races with it as the tight nature of Monaco was the only thing that gave me a chance. Am just going to save up for a 2J or the Jaguar 66 and use them

:bowdown:
I was rubbish in the Ford GT40 '66 Anniversary Edition:dunce: I ended up buying a 2J to ease the pain. (Still carrying infected unhealed scar tissue from the Historic Car Cup in GT5:ill:) I'm going to try @All Your Base 's recommendation of the Audi Type C:tup:

Nice to see the 2Js almost within reach pricewise - and no rolling through the UCD in hope...!

Yeah, that GT40 in standard setup is pretty hard to handle. For me, I added ballast to get the balance to 50-50 (maybe 49-51, something like that) which helped a lot, although it was still a bit hairy! I'm not good enough with the car to win races at tracks with run-off areas etc, only managed Monaco thanks to the barriers

Hmmm, apparently I got silver with the GT40 Anniversary in the second race at Apricot. ANyhow, just saved up for the 2J (helped by the very nice seasonal payouts from golding the new ones) and won all 3 races easily (each race had a Toyota 7 and 2 2Js in the front 3), won Monaco by about 5 seconds, Apricot was closer, the final race (WIllow Springs?) I was 20 seconds clear of the T7 and over 30 ahead of the lead 2J.....way too easy with this car lol.

I just beat this last night. I was able to get all gold with the Anniversary Daytona Coupe, it wasn't easy but I did it. Mostly stock apart from an oil change and suspension tuning. Silverstone was the hardest, not a fan of that track. I don't like to buying a 500K car to win 3 races, I'd rather waste my money on cars I WANT to buy.

I used a Shelby Cobra 427 '66 for this one, and still only barely made it when pushing limits. (I'm bad at driving, though, so you anyone else should easily be able to make it with the Shelby I assume)

Last edited:
I ran the 15th anniversay GT40, maxed out, weight added and ballast (mine ended up at 48/52), ABS on 10 and I think TCS was on 7, only way I could drive it. I had a 330P4, 2(!) 2D's and a 2J in the front 4 positions. Wasted them on all tracks, even wrecked a couple of times at Apricot and still won by 8 seconds. Keep the gearing down; you'll ride the limiter on the straights, but the power gain on the short stuff makes up for what you're losing in the corner.

69' Camaro racecar (touring car?), tuned it to the max with nitro. Massive blocking in the last laps at Monaco and Deep Forest then some mad track cutting at Silverstone will get the job done.

I used the 7 and I raced against two 2J's and another 7 in the top three at Silverstone. We all stuck pretty close together. What a nightmare... :lol:

What you describe is getting very very annoying in GT.

12 cars on the grid, no way to qualify.
Cars 2-12 are just filling and roadblocks.
Car on pole is a car that is like 10 seconds faster per lap than the rest of the field.

You're not racing against any of the 12 cars, just the guy on pole because he is ridiculously much faster than the rest of the field.
I was thinking about this today during a race at LeMans. I was in a LMP, and the top few cars were as well. But the rest of the field were the lower-league LM cars or GT cars. In actual races like that, you're only actually racing against the cars in your own league, and the slower league cars will get out of the way of the faster ones. But of course they don't... they'll block the road, hit me, do whatever it takes to "win" in those two seconds it takes me to get around them, and then they'll never see me again. If they're going to do mixed-field racing like that, they need to factor proper behavior into the AI.

The GT40 is a left foot brake beast. Never go of the throttle when braking and it's a really fast cornering maschine.

The GT40 is a left foot brake beast. Never go of the throttle when braking and it's a really fast cornering maschine.

Thanks for that information, I never considered that but then I use a DS3 with standard configuration (have never got the hang of using the L2/R2 buttons for accel/braking, may have to try again and persevere, though only tried it with NFS Shift and that game is crap anyway lol) so it's a bit difficult pressing 2 buttons with one thumb lol

The Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70 was mentioned in a previous thread with the same subject and it was easy for me after attempting it with the Sting Ray Racer Concept. It was also stated that you can refresh the race until there are no 2Js or 7s but I was able to win with both in the lineup.

Back