chaperell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jleviathan
  • 7 comments
  • 745 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
24
Messages
jleviathan
14,000,00 why so much for this car ? and is it worth it?
rember this car in a race when i was a kid would like to buy it but seems like
an awful lot of money.
 
It's spelled Chaparral. Capitalize words when they start sentences here at GTP, as well. That's part of the rules here. I know, nitpicky I am. :rolleyes: But I'm just trying to save you hassle from the mods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaparral_2J#2J

I assume you're talking about the infamous 2J. I'm not sure how many Chaparral cars appear in GT5 yet, in GT4 we had the 2J and the 2D.

It's expensive because I think only one 2J was made in real-life. I'm not sure. That info in the wiki page I brought up should tell you.

Is it worth it? Depends. It's a tricky car to drive & tune. My experience is (in GT4) is it's GREAT with low-speed & medium speed corners, but can be awful with high speed ones if it loses its artificial downforce because of bumps or sliding. But I remember blowing away GT1 and Group C mobiles in GT4's World Championship with the 2J, mostly because it's so light and handles those tighter areas like a vaccum...in effect, it "sucks". Literally. ;)
 
There is 2 Chapparals in GT 5.

It's handy for the Historic race. apart from that it's not really worth the money. Sure you will be able to get a trade with someone for it.
 
There is are 2 Chapparals Chaparrals in GT 5.

It's handy for the Historic race. Apart from that it's not really worth the money. Sure you will be able to get a trade with someone for it.

I beg to differ. It's a giant killer if you can handle and tune it properly. Like I said, I (and many others) have managed to win tons of high-level races using the 2J in GT4, I'm sure GT5 will be no different.
 
Why does everyone spell it as "Chapparal"?

Anyway, I own both of them (the 2J and the 2D). I personally like the 2D alot, it's a beast at corners but the 2J has awesome grip. With over 700BHP to boot (500 for 2D) the 2J is a amazing car :)
 
For some reason that's the first time i have spelt it that way. I normally get it right. lol :(
 
The Chaparrall 2J is an awesome little car. It kinda reminds of of my refridgerator though.
 
Locking as you have your answer.

I will take this opportunity to remind you of the AUP that you agreed to when you signed up, particularly this bit

Acceptable Use Policy
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

We don't expect perfect English in every post, but you can do a lot better than the Enlgish in your first psot in this thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back