Chasing World Records ( Video Series )

I knew the green markers show the laps but normally I restart so often they aren't usable. I didn't think about it when I was trying to find the start.

My biggest 2 complaints about the car is for a "stock" Miata it has too much initial turn for a stock alignment on "street" tires in the default setup. Now with a more aggressive alignment and a stiff sidewall tire sure it can feel like that!

Front camber is just not realistic for any stock NA Miata. -1.5 max ( and that would be an outlier). Now for a lowered car you can hit around -2 or if you use some cheater extra long ball joints.

Power feels about perfect and "on power" handling is also near perfect. I feel like it starts to bog down just a little too high in the RPM range. Weight transfer is also very close to real life.

Other small problems I have are,
Stock tire pressure should be 1.8 BAR or 26 PSI.
The wheels aren't quite modeled right.
It seems to have an LSD so it should have power mirrors not the manual ones modeled unless it's a R package but then it should have an rear spoiler and front spoiler.
Ahh...Yeah, I didn't really think about restarts when I first started typing the post. I didn't really think you weren't aware of what those markers were. It's not like you just started playing or anything. Forgive me, I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything like that.

As I was saying, that guy William L. brought up the front camber issue immediately - I think the update was only live for about an hour or so before he chimed in. He said exactly the same thing... -1.5 degrees in the front maximum. Now that a few more days have gone past I am already getting a little fuzzy on his post but I remember he brought up the LSD. Ugh...I really wish I could remember what he said. He didn't mention the cosmetic differences, I don't believe. That's very interesting to me. I wonder how they could make a mistake like that.

This is probably the 5th time that I've said it, but I can't help it. Miata's were never my thing...but I can't get over how much fun this car can be on some of the tracks. It's nice to hear that load transfer and handling feel good to you. Did you drive the Miata since the v1.13.1 hot fix? It doesn't feel any better to you at higher revs? I posted that little video clip with me climbing the hill on the Nordschleife after Bergwerk and my speed was dropping 1 MPH every 3 seconds or so as I was getting to the top. I haven't done another Nordschleife run since the Hot Fix, but it felt a little different to me. I would defer to your personal knowledge of the car, of course.

Good videos, btw... I enjoy them. :cheers:

Back