Chassis Maintenance.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GUMP07
  • 18 comments
  • 1,732 views
Messages
140
United States
United States
I've read some threads but it appears no one knows when chassis maintenance is needed.

No IRL information is needed,please!

Does anyone know for sure what mileage or symptoms require chassis maintenance?
 
Cant speak for everybody but i noticed that...if you take a 0/0/0 miles car, or basically a never been used before car, and use it in a offline race or online race, it takes chassis damage. Now i dont know if you crash or not makes a difference or how much it does. But i do no that every stock car i have used or tested takes chassis damage. I also do not know if when it takes damage, does the price to fix it change based on how much damage it takes i havent tested it. I have tested that if the milelage change's it takes damage. I also have not noticed a difference in handling or breaking after a stock car takes damage
 
I've noticed it will let you perform chassis maintenence at around every 500 miles. Will do some testing for more exact figures. Or you could try it yourself. Just take a new car, drive it or b-spec it and check every 200 or so miles to see when it will let you perform the chassis maintenence, then you'll have your answer.
 
Last edited:
GTP_CargoRat
I've noticed it will let you perform chassis maintenence at around every 500 miles. Will do some testing for more exact figures. Or you could try it yourself. Just take a new car, drive it or b-spec it and check every 200 or so miles to see when it will let you perform the chassis maintenence, then you'll have your answer.

Thanks for the info my friends!

I think a better question is:

At what point do we see slower lap times due to lack of chassis maintenance?

I have performed chassis maintenance on cars with 7000 miles and noticed no difference in handling or lap times. I hate to waste my credits if it is unnecessary as i believe its about $475,000 on GT500 cars.
 
Thanks for the info my friends!

I think a better question is:

At what point do we see slower lap times due to lack of chassis maintenance?

I have performed chassis maintenance on cars with 7000 miles and noticed no difference in handling or lap times. I hate to waste my credits if it is unnecessary as i believe its about $475,000 on GT500 cars.

I have noticed that when my car is in need of chassis maintenence, the handling does go away a bit. It becomes a bit looser. As far as lap times being affected, maybe a few tenths from my experience. The longer you go without it, the worse it gets. Again, thats been my experience.
 
The ability to do chassis maintenance pops up on every car after just a few miles automatically, doesn't mean it's needed. How could a GT500 car need a half million dollars of maintenance in 200km? It's one of those lazy PD things.

In terms of performance it's pretty easy to test if you have two cars with differing mileage. I've tested cars with 50,000 km difference on the odometer and noticed very little difference, so little I couldn't tell if it was in my head. Take the two cars out on the track, online, and drive them back to back for a few laps and keep track of the lap times. If you take a car and drive it, then refresh and drive it, you can have a placebo effect. Driving the two cars back to back takes that away.

And chassis maintenance has nothing to do with how you drive the car. You can crash it into guardrails for 5000 km and it's the same as just driving it for 5000km, all that matters is the distance.
 
As there is no hard concrete evidence of when your car actually needs it and difference in handling, each person is going to have their opinion as to does the handing drop off, are lap times affected, and so on. Its all a matter of opinion at this point.
 
My small contribution to this thread would be that once a car covers ANY distance, no matter how small, you can perform a Chassis Maintenance for half the price of the car brand new.
 
Sounds like I wasted my credits last night. Did this accidentally to a new car. Doh!
 
My small contribution to this thread would be that once a car covers ANY distance, no matter how small, you can perform a Chassis Maintenance for half the price of the car brand new.

in a nut shell thats basically what i said. if the mile counter moves it takes chassis damage. What I havent tested is it the same price to restore it if you put a mile on it without crashing or a mile on it and do crash it. I have tested for sure two cars that if crashed or in my case rolled cost almost as much as the car does new,...the 08 civic type r and the lexus LFA.
 
Funny, I never noticed any changes in handling characteristics, but nevertheless I might have used as much as 50 millon credits for chassis-rebuild. Especially the very expensive 500.000 racecar-rebuilds. lol. And the same amount on engine overhaul. But the engine looses its power very quickly so I overhaul all the time... For the chassis no changes is felt, but just rebuild it just in case...That is approx. 100.000.000 credits in total spent in GT Auto...lololol No problemo. I have always allmost 20mill. And there is only one car that I really would like to buy. That`s the Tommy Kaira ZZII. Think I have most other cars that I want.
 
Last edited:
I've have a few GT500 '08 GTR's with 8000+ miles and I can't tell a difference after chassis rebuild.

It could just be me.

If it just makes the car "looser" I wouldn't notice and might actually get faster lap times.
 
Again, it's not hard to test. Very often in my UCD and yours, two identical cars are in there simultaneously with very differing mileage. Buy them and drive them back to back and see if you notice any difference. I guarantee if you drive them for at least 10-15 laps you'll see no difference in feel or lap times unless the difference is in the 10,s of thousands of kms/miles. If it only took a few thousand km's for handling to be affected, then cars with 80.000 km's would have 15, 20, 30 times the damage and be virutally undrivable.
 
Again, it's not hard to test. Very often in my UCD and yours, two identical cars are in there simultaneously with very differing mileage. Buy them and drive them back to back and see if you notice any difference. I guarantee if you drive them for at least 10-15 laps you'll see no difference in feel or lap times unless the difference is in the 10,s of thousands of kms/miles. If it only took a few thousand km's for handling to be affected, then cars with 80.000 km's would have 15, 20, 30 times the damage and be virutally undrivable.

I have tested it. And like I said, when its between a brand new car and a car with say, 5-6,000 miles, I can notice a bit of a difference. But as I said before, at this point its just a matter of opinion as there is no proof, one way or the other. Everybody is going to feel something different.
 
I"ve always wondered about this... Honestly I'm still wondering... Does it help the car or not?
 
I have tested it. And like I said, when its between a brand new car and a car with say, 5-6,000 miles, I can notice a bit of a difference. But as I said before, at this point its just a matter of opinion as there is no proof, one way or the other. Everybody is going to feel something different.

Does it translate into lap times? And don't forget, some people think that Amateur/Professional/Simulation mode works with DFGT...lol...:sly:

I"ve always wondered about this... Honestly I'm still wondering... Does it help the car or not?

It helps. The debate is how much does it help? I do a chassis refresh on any new used car I buy and then forget about it after that, just in case. It's not real money after all...lol.
 
Does it translate into lap times? And don't forget, some people think that Amateur/Professional/Simulation mode works with DFGT...lol...:sly:



It helps. The debate is how much does it help? I do a chassis refresh on any new used car I buy and then forget about it after that, just in case. It's not real money after all...lol.

You know, I give up, lol. To each their own as to does it make a difference or not. And also, there is proof that those modes don't work with that wheel as it says so right in the menu. A little bit different than this debate, don't you think.:sly:
 
Cant speak for everybody but i noticed that...if you take a 0/0/0 miles car, or basically a never been used before car, and use it in a offline race or online race, it takes chassis damage. Now i dont know if you crash or not makes a difference or how much it does. But i do no that every stock car i have used or tested takes chassis damage. I also do not know if when it takes damage

Contact will get you chassis damage, even a slight gash or trade paint. But, even if you don't hit anything while driving it, as long as you drive the car really hard and push it to the limits, it will start taking chassis damage, even the slightest. I've tested this before, when I was farming money through the 650PP Seasonals on Nurburgring. I had some races when I didn't hit any of the opponents or the side walls of the track, but most of the time I still get chassis damage.

does the price to fix it change based on how much damage it takes i havent tested it. I have tested that if the milelage change's it takes damage. I also have not noticed a difference in handling or breaking after a stock car takes damage

No, the price is fixed on every car. The price depends on the price tag of the car. Most of the time the cost of the Chassis Maintenance is half the price of the car. For cars that are worth 1Million credits and higher, Chassis Maintenance is at a fixed price of 500,000Cr.

in a nut shell thats basically what i said. if the mile counter moves it takes chassis damage.

If you drive a new car or a rebuilt car for a few miles without contact, you'd still have a fresh chassis. If you get more miles on it and still without contact, only then will you get damage.

What I havent tested is it the same price to restore it if you put a mile on it without crashing or a mile on it and do crash it. I have tested for sure two cars that if crashed or in my case rolled cost almost as much as the car does new,...the 08 civic type r and the lexus LFA.

As I've said, the price is fixed. Without or without contact, sligh dents or a fully-busted chassis (can be done with a rollover and your car lands upside-down), the price to fix the chassis only depends on the price tag of the car you're using.

I"ve always wondered about this... Honestly I'm still wondering... Does it help the car or not?

Yes it does. Try to barrel-roll a car using the Trial Mountain course's last corner (hopefully the car lands on the ground upside-down). Once the car resets, try driving it. You can feel the chassis is busted, the car is "not pleasant" to drive anymore. :lol: Buying Chassis Maintenance is a quick fix for this. 👍
 
@drifting: I have to disagree with your last statement as I have done this several times. Unless you have damage on, there is no immediate damage done to your car when you roll it. It is perfectly drivable.
 
Back