Cheap table for G27?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1ntense
  • 21 comments
  • 10,294 views
Messages
5
Im in need of a cheap table to mount my G27 on. I had a cheap coffee table that I used to use but that fell apart unfortunately lol.

Think I remember something about an ikea table people used, is there any commonly used cheap tables anyone can recommend please?

Cheers

Dan
 
Depends what "cheap" is. To be honest I have used various tables, but apart from low coffee tables that you sit more or less on the floor for. They have all been too unstable. I now have a proper 'stand' I paid £70 for inc shipping. Not 'cheap' but less than a lot of tables. If you can't buy a proper stand, can you make one? I am rubbish at DIY but home builds seem to be the best option if you cant buy a proper one. Like I say I have used maybe 10-12 different setups before finally buying. Wish I had doen it to start with.
 
well u can go to your local welder with drawing with diminsions from internet and ask him weld you a playseat like i did . Megane seat and welded playseat , its really comfortable and stable, like those from internet with 600 euro price , i made mine for only 100 euro
 
Hmmm.. tbh I dont play GT much, will probably go through a phase now and then and play it for a while.

Just a thought that popped into my head that Ive got my wheel but nothing to mount it to, would like to play it a bit more but not really wanting to spend £70 right now really. What one is it you've got though incase I fancy shelling out for one in the future?
 
Hmmm.. tbh I dont play GT much, will probably go through a phase now and then and play it for a while.

Just a thought that popped into my head that Ive got my wheel but nothing to mount it to, would like to play it a bit more but not really wanting to spend £70 right now really. What one is it you've got though incase I fancy shelling out for one in the future?

I have the "wheelstandpro", putting a link may break the rules. It has dot com on the end of that though :p
The wheel and pedals are on one compact unit that is very stable. It ca be folded down with the wheels and pedals on for easy storage or I just leave mine in the corner of the room ready. Buying the stand has made me want to play GT5 more and the ease of getting it out etc means I actually do play more. It is much more enjoyable having a steady platform for the wheel too.
 
Mate get a saw horse and a but of cheap pine!!

Four screws and a couple of holes ya set. That's what I did. Office chair and ya ready to go!!
 
Check my signature (Very Bottom), I have a non-expensive but extremely effective G27 stand.
 
Wheelstandpro looks pretty good, will probably go for that at some point. Liking yours mitch, Im not great at diy tho so will more than likely just buy a ready made one.

Anything better than the wheelstandpro? Wouldnt really want to spend more than £80 on a stand/table/cockpit so in that kind of price range please.
 
I use a folding table from Target ($20) and a tailgating folding chair from Target ($15). Works great for me. Easy to move when you're not using it and it's very stable. 'Bout as cheap as you can get 👍
 
I used an ironing board for a long time with a G25. It can be adjusted to any height.
(this is not mine.)
499213472_2ea736f75d_b.jpg

source: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/play-logitech-g25-racing-wheel-99-99-457205?page=3
 
I use a $5 Ikea table, for my DFGT. It should also work with the G27.
 
Vote to move to sim racing hardware forum section.



Anyways, I'm about to build my own, I think, because I currently have a HUGE round table for my G27. The main problems are...well, everything. The whole table is terrible, so terrible in fact, that I had to use some flooring, and some crown moulding (what's the word if it goes at the bottom?) To hold the wheel and shifter in place.


Oh, and there's a huge wooden table leg (one, in the center) and I'm 6'3" or 4". I need leg space, but, have none. Sitting at my G27 table was like sitting in the first of our three Hyundai Accents (a '95 model... Which had 2 feet of leg room.) Thankfully, at least, there were no airbags, because my knees were against the dashboard. :lol: Slightly off topic, but, you get the idea about my table now.


Anyways, I'll give you feedback, if you need.
 
c5325e60-6967-44b2-846a-1f1c8e814585_300.jpg



very stable and cheap. folds up very flat too,Wheel clamps right on
 
250698_10151085679786925_507724851_n.jpg


Here is my 50 buck racing Rig.
Second hand Ikea chair (15 bucks) 2 one meter length 25mm box section ally.
2 90 deg joints...job done. 👍
 
Including the square steel tube and the seat out of a Mitsubishi Cordia, my cockpit cost about $90 to build .Took about three hours playing with an angle grinder, a welder and some beer to dummy it up and build it.
 
@ Velly. Clever idea 👍, but personally I'm not keen on loose pedals. (Spoilt by my ready-made rig (Aus $134.00), I suppose.)
 
I bought a DIY work bench from my local store it's perfect. It has enough weight to stop it moving around and easily folds away for storage.
 
I recently got a Wheelstandpro for for my DFGT to replace a wonky coffee table and I'm very impressed with it. The wheel and pedals stay attached and, once it's set-up the way you like it, it takes seconds to unfold for a perfect driving position every time. I looked at the DIY option but for the price (£70 delivered in the UK) I couldn't see how I could even buy the bits to make anything comparable. It's a very solid piece of kit and should easily outlast the wheel and PS3 (and probably me too).
 
Check craigslist for a portable Drafting table, they have a tilt feature and are usually very stable. Found one not too long ago for $50. Plus I do a bit of projects on it and it folds away when not in use. They are usually heavy, but that's good when you have high force feedback.
 
Back