Cheating in GT7

Yes, that lag glitch, or freezing, is very annoying and has been happening to me since the last update. Here's a clip from the recent GTWS demo event at Spa where I lost 2 positions in the blink of an eye. The replay doesn't show the freeze that I experienced just as I was entering the second part of Stavelot. Kind of makes sport mode unplayable. I'm on PS4 with a stable hard wired connection.

That's not what's happening in this case. There are many instances happening since the last update of certain things getting a lag bug. It's happened to a few friends with me in dailies. I randomly gain a second on them and if I watch back their screen froze for that time and their car didnt move on track at all. Had a close battle with someone and they drove up beside me on the run to turn 1, then lag glitch to 0.75 behind me. Hasn't happened to me yet but seems to be mainly a Ps4 issue
Oh we had lag too, tons of it. In the worst cases it would cause the game to be recorded as a draw. That was one of the last games I played that couldn't re sync an online connection.
If GT7 worked that way, a mismatch in where my console thinks a car is and where yours think that car is would end the race and everyone would get DNF.
We were running back then over dial up and it usually worked with dozens of moving parts. Why PD has such a lag problem in a game with 20 moving parts and exponentially faster connection speeds running on superior dedicated hardware (the PS4 compared to an Athlon or Pentium 3 PC) is beyond me.

Oh we had lag too, tons of it. In the worst cases it would cause the game to be recorded as a draw. That was one of the last games I played that couldn't re sync an online connection.
If GT7 worked that way, a mismatch in where my console thinks a car is and where yours think that car is would end the race and everyone would get DNF.
We were running back then over dial up and it usually worked with dozens of moving parts. Why PD has such a lag problem in a game with 20 moving parts and exponentially faster connection speeds running on superior dedicated hardware (the PS4 compared to an Athlon or Pentium 3 PC) is beyond me.
That a lot of the lag issues were previously fixed is whats making this new glitch such a head scratcher. Only 1 person or 2 in a lobby might see it, and only for a second or 2 over the race. Its almost more like a packet processing thing where the player is simply paused until things re-synch and then are stuck with the lost time.

So here’s my question, can you cheat in GT7 to boost your performance

I’m not talking Dirty driving I’m talking cheating like players who use aimbots In first person shooters.

I have just quit a BB daily race C while leading I might add on the 8th lap, the chap who started 7th took 12 seconds out of me over that time despite me showing as the fastest lap of 1.49.917 - on the final 2 laps down the long start finish straight on laps 6 and 7 he took 1.5 seconds out of my lap time just on the straight, not in the corners not on the back straights - my lap times were low 1.50s - I was in an Alfa with Auto gears and he was in Wr4 no idea if manual or not. I know the WRX manual can take 6 tenths out of the Alfa Auto down the straight - another Polyphony BOP masterpiece - but his lap times were not reflecting it. When I quit I still showed as the fastest lap with the 1.49..

why quit you might say - he overtook me down the straight and by the time I hit turn 1 he was gone, I wasn’t catching him, when I quit so had 6 others from the top 10 I might add.

the in race chat was cheat not dirty driver .. cheat, and I thought maybe he is just special, you see a lot of fast drivers start at the back of the grid and come through the pack and that’s all good. I’ve no problem being beaten by faster driver but to see the time lost only on the straights smelled funny

my question is - can you cheat in GT7 ? Is there a controller or a script or anything that allows you to be faster than you should be.

I noticed you said driving auto... well that there can be 1 to 2 secs a lap slower alone. Manual is much faster and you should learn to do so..... definite no to the cheating

Back