Cheating in GT7

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So here’s my question, can you cheat in GT7 to boost your performance

I’m not talking Dirty driving I’m talking cheating like players who use aimbots In first person shooters.

I have just quit a BB daily race C while leading I might add on the 8th lap, the chap who started 7th took 12 seconds out of me over that time despite me showing as the fastest lap of 1.49.917 - on the final 2 laps down the long start finish straight on laps 6 and 7 he took 1.5 seconds out of my lap time just on the straight, not in the corners not on the back straights - my lap times were low 1.50s - I was in an Alfa with Auto gears and he was in Wr4 no idea if manual or not. I know the WRX manual can take 6 tenths out of the Alfa Auto down the straight - another Polyphony BOP masterpiece - but his lap times were not reflecting it. When I quit I still showed as the fastest lap with the 1.49..

why quit you might say - he overtook me down the straight and by the time I hit turn 1 he was gone, I wasn’t catching him, when I quit so had 6 others from the top 10 I might add.

the in race chat was cheat not dirty driver .. cheat, and I thought maybe he is just special, you see a lot of fast drivers start at the back of the grid and come through the pack and that’s all good. I’ve no problem being beaten by faster driver but to see the time lost only on the straights smelled funny

my question is - can you cheat in GT7 ? Is there a controller or a script or anything that allows you to be faster than you should be.

No.

Again, this is something that you could have recorded video of, using the PS4 Share/PS5 Create function, and shown so that people can tell you what the issue actually is.
Not after I quit the race I couldn’t - had I finished I would saved the replay, if I’d have known the race was going to go that way then of course I would have.

I have won 4 races out of 8 tonight and all week 23 in Daily Race C - never lost a lead to someone coming that far back

That was a definite No, was that a No there is no cheating around that makes your car quicker?

Not after I quit the race I couldn’t - had I finished I would saved the replay, if I’d have known the race was going to go that way then of course I would have.
You don't need a replay. Your console is always recording everything it sees - up to an hour (if it has disc space remaining), so we could have seen this from your point of view as it happened.

And yes, that's a definitive "no".

You don't need a replay. Your console is always recording everything it sees - up to an hour (if it has disc space remaining), so we could have seen this from your point of view as it happened.

And yes, that's a definitive "no".
My PS5 console is always recording?. Explain more, that I was not aware of and never heard that anywhere else - so I’m assuming now it’s switched off the film might still be there……. So where would I find it? i Have 8 terabytes of hard drive goodness on mine so will see if it’s there

My PS5 console is always recording?. Explain more, that I was not aware of and never heard that anywhere else - so I’m assuming now it’s switched off the film might still be there……. So where would I find it? i Have 8 terabytes of hard drive goodness on mine so will see if it’s there
You need to tell it what to save, otherwise it won't be anywhere.

So what you’re saying is if I don’t tell it to record it won’t record…. The lord giveth and he taketh away
It does record, you just need to press the Share button to the left of your controllers touchpad and a menu will pop up asking if you want to save a screenshot or video of the last 15-60 minutes.

So what you’re saying is if I don’t tell it to record it won’t record…. The lord giveth and he taketh away
No.

It's always recording. You just have to tell it what to save. It will record an entire hour of gameplay but if you don't tell it to save it'll start overwriting the older bits with more recent gameplay.

The PS4 worked exactly the same way, only the button was called "Share" instead of "Create".

Thanks chaps, I never knew that, with the rise of the First Person Shooter I spend more time on Alienware than PlayStation 5 so don’t really look at what it can do

my question is - can you cheat in GT7 ? Is there a controller or a script or anything that allows you to be faster than you should be.
I don't think anyone can definitely say it's impossible to cheat in GT7. Even if an elite university research team of security professionals were to spend a year working on it and fail to work out a way to do it, it still wouldn't be possible to say that another such team wouldn't think of something they missed.

However, your question is really "is it possible to cheat and do faster laps without the game recording faster lap times?". This still can't be definitively answered by anyone, but it seems like it would be harder to do than merely making the car go faster, and it's not clear to what end someone might want that specific effect.

As said by others above, we really need to see a video recording of what happened. The race replay from the PoV of the player in question, showing their inputs, would also be useful.

Last edited:
Uhhh, cheating is quitting races constantly. Finish the dam race already and take what you get.
How is that cheating? Please explain that? Who loses out if a player quits a race?

I don't think anyone can definitely say it's impossible to cheat in GT7. Even if an elite university research team of security professionals were to spend a year working on it and fail to work out a way to do it, it still wouldn't be possible to say that another such team wouldn't think of something they missed.

However, your question is really "is it possible to cheat and do faster laps without the game recording faster lap times?". This still can't be definitively answered by anyone, but it seems like it would be harder to do than merely making the car go faster, and it's not clear to what end someone might want that specific effect.

As said by others above, we really need to see a video recording of what happened. The race replay from the PoV of the player in question, showing their inputs, would also be useful.
I think cheating in the old school sense of pressing a joypad combination to unlock 50 extra horsepower or 20% more cornering speed is not happening I agree but jump forward a year or 18 months post the release of the PC version - then I think it will be a difference conversation - Cheat scripts will appear within days of the games release and depending on the medium - Cronus - will come back to PlayStation Lobbies

I was playing the daily a race at Alsace over the weekend & pretty much every lobby I was put in there was a player who always qualified in last place with no actual time.
Where his qualifying time should have been it was just -:--

Every race he would be in one of the top 3 places by the end of the first lap & would go on to win the race almost every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was playing the daily a race at Alsace over the weekend & pretty much every lobby I was put in there was a player who always qualified in last place with no actual time.
Where his qualifying time should have been it was just -:--

Every race he would be in one of the top 3 places by the end of the first lap & would go on to win the race almost every time.
That happens if you're very fast and don't set a qualifying time. It's not cheating.

That happens if you're very fast and don't set a qualifying time. It's not cheating.
How can you not set a qualifying time?
Do you just enter the qualifiying time trial & sit waiting for the timer to run down?

He was a good, fast, clean racer, rated A+ & B

I just thought it was odd but because I thought you had to set a qualifying time to be entered but now you mention it, it makes sense.

Last edited:
There are plenty of people who intentionally ignore the qualifying lap (not set one) to have a fightback race. Obviously most do it on alt accounts so as not to hurt their ranking.

I do that if I know I'm good at that races track/car combo so I get more DR for gaining positions. I find it's actually better to start in the back on some tracks so you aren't in the middle of the first couple corners wrecks. Sometimes I'll sandbag a bit to qualify somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Maybe Oi Oi JC was racing me. Haha

Last edited:
Maybe Oi Oi JC was racing me. Haha
It wasn't you.
I can understand why people do it, for the fun of starting last & winning but it's stupid that you can qualify without actually setting a lap time.

This is not a thing, your DR gain or loss is exclusively calculated based on finishing position.
It was in the daily a race that didn't affect DR so he was obviously just doing it for the fun of starting last & finishing 1st

They said you couldn't cheat in Goldeneye, either. You couldn't cheat in any Command & Conquer game, either, according to the developers.
Cheating had something to do with me placing in the world championships in one of Westwood's games. Twice I wound up ranked 75th or so. Once they reviewed the gameplay and kicked the cheaters off the scoreboard I came in at #17 one month and #23 the next, with the requirement to place being #25 or higher.
Years later I found myself putting cheat codes into Goldeneye. I'm not talking about use of the menu, the game has actual cheat codes.
You bet it's possible to cheat in GT7 both online and in single player. Technically speaking if you used a glitch tune to grind for anything used in an online race, that would be cheating in both modes. There are more ways to cheat than that, I know of two at Maggiore alone. I know how to reduce the penalty time for track cutting without serving it (not really a cheat, just a sportsmanlike action), just pull over right away and tap the brake or hold it after a longer cut. You lose time compared to not cutting but it's less than the penalty.
I don't know many specifics regarding online cheating, and I don't care to do it, I care to learn how to whip the snot out of them in game where it counts, just as I did in my C&C days.
It is always possible to cheat in any online game. Whether or not you're affected by it depends on who's moderating the game. I know back in the day I lost rank enough to cheaters to be knocked off the top 25 quite a bit, but I kept pushing and pushing until I started winning consistently and earning prizes. I'm glad I did, too.
C&C anyone? I'm sorry in advance for what will happen to your troops and base, lol! Or we can stick to racing, it's my pleasure to lose to you. 🙂

There are more ways to cheat than that, I know of two at Maggiore alone.
Yes, we all do. That's why it hasn't been used in a Daily Race since they realised their error in putting it in the rotation - right after we flagged it on GTP.

Literally every time there's a glitch or bug, it gets flagged by the community within hours and is addressed. The Maggiore glitch was the latest in a long, long line of them (some of which are mentioned in the article) stretching back to the standalone GT Academy event.

The "incident" reported in the first post is not possible. There's no way to gain 12 seconds in one lap over a guy running within a second of the fastest race lap and not have that time recorded as the fastest race lap. Given that, the only rational explanation is that the user simply misread something - but since they didn't record it, we'll never know what.

It's good the referees are on top of things because that's the way to fix cheating. It reminds me of one cheat Westwood refused to acknowledge til one player packed up his entire desktop PC and mailed it to them out of sheer desperation. Within an hour of setting up it in their lab, they got hit with that cheat.
I can slide tackle someone all day and that's a cheat unless I touch the ball first. It's corrected with a yellow card and a penalty kick.
I have seen times on the local kart tracks that someone with a slower kart outruns a faster kart through proper cornering, drafting, etc. We didn't gain 12 seconds in one straight that way but it was great fun frustrating my wife that way at Andy's back in the day! 😁

This is not a thing, your DR gain or loss is exclusively calculated based on finishing position.

Right. So starting last and first FINISHING first gives me more DR. Not sure what you're talking about.

Edit: I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I've had some races lately where the synch was so off that the game 'catches up' at some point with more than 3sec change in relative positions in the cars. Example, I chased down a car at DTS last week, and just as I was about to overtake it, my screen froze and he was suddenly more than 3 sec ahead of me down the front straight again, along with another car near him. It was frustrating and it wasn't something that happened to me on GTS, ever, but it's happened a few times on GT7. The time is actually added to my lap time in some cases, which is hard to explain in physical terms because it would be a lap that is seconds off my usual pace, even on a clean lap when the 'adjustment' happens.

I can see how this might generate some skepticism in some people's minds if it happened to them, and not sure it's anything to do with the OP, but it is really gross anomaly that makes the racing frustrating from time to time. It's happened to me probably 4 times or so in the last month. (I'm on a ethernet / 200MBPS connection in a big market, fwiw)

I've had some races lately where the synch was so off that the game 'catches up' at some point with more than 3sec change in relative positions in the cars. Example, I chased down a car at DTS last week, and just as I was about to overtake it, my screen froze and he was suddenly more than 3 sec ahead of me down the front straight again, along with another car near him. It was frustrating and it wasn't something that happened to me on GTS, ever, but it's happened a few times on GT7. The time is actually added to my lap time in some cases, which is hard to explain in physical terms because it would be a lap that is seconds off my usual pace, even on a clean lap when the 'adjustment' happens.

I can see how this might generate some skepticism in some people's minds if it happened to them, and not sure it's anything to do with the OP, but it is really gross anomaly that makes the racing frustrating from time to time. It's happened to me probably 4 times or so in the last month. (I'm on a ethernet / 200MBPS connection in a big market, fwiw)
The biggest cheat in Red Alert 2 back on the day manifested as a bug in version 1.004. Running under 98 SE with a single Athlon processor or a dual CPU Intel setup would cause the game to close at random. On the other end the player would receive a "Mission Accomplished" message and a win. It seemed to happen more often to me when I was winning or had destroyed several ore miners or mirage tanks or killed a fleet of Allied dolphins with submarines. The Allied forces were seen as superior by most players but the top 1% played Soviet and knew how to use them well into the late game. This led to retaliatory cheating.
The Westwood lab had only Intel CPU's, no AMD, no VIA, and no Cyrix. I ran a Thunderbird 1400 at the time, my first wife ran a Spitfire 700 and we both had problems. Westwood wouldn't acknowledge anything was wrong until one AMD maiked sent his entire PC to them. The game crashed 45 minutes after they set it up. They kept his PC for about a month and sent a high end video card and some games back with it as a token of gratitude. During that time they requested several more of us send in our computers, postage paid, and offered a voucher for their next game in return.
Two patches came out in rapid succession and the problem was fixed for all single CPU users. Westwood never addressed it for multicore setups, but a workaround has been found. They also never acknowledged that a cheat could trigger the bug.
The best advice I can give is race with all you've got. Sophy does and she wins. Even if you're in the lead, keep pushing. You never know if you'll miss a corner or a back market will bump you. I'll never know how many battles I won before the crash to desktop cheat could be activated, but during that time I was absolutely ruthless. Games had to last 3 minutes to count, so at 3:15 I was rolling into bases and ore fields with heavy tanks. By that time I had anti personnel and anti air defense hidden in my base. I still play that game today on a system probably like the ones in the Westwood lab: a Coppermine 800 in a heavily modded AOpen PC. It's across the room from my PS5.

I've a theory:

The OP was doing Daily C in the Porche or something else that's ridiculously-slower than the Mazda 787B down the straights, and the "offender" was in... you guessed it, the 787B.

The biggest cheat in Red Alert 2 back on the day manifested as a bug in version 1.004. Running under 98 SE with a single Athlon processor or a dual CPU Intel setup would cause the game to close at random. On the other end the player would receive a "Mission Accomplished" message and a win. It seemed to happen more often to me when I was winning or had destroyed several ore miners or mirage tanks or killed a fleet of Allied dolphins with submarines. The Allied forces were seen as superior by most players but the top 1% played Soviet and knew how to use them well into the late game. This led to retaliatory cheating.
The Westwood lab had only Intel CPU's, no AMD, no VIA, and no Cyrix. I ran a Thunderbird 1400 at the time, my first wife ran a Spitfire 700 and we both had problems. Westwood wouldn't acknowledge anything was wrong until one AMD maiked sent his entire PC to them. The game crashed 45 minutes after they set it up. They kept his PC for about a month and sent a high end video card and some games back with it as a token of gratitude. During that time they requested several more of us send in our computers, postage paid, and offered a voucher for their next game in return.
Two patches came out in rapid succession and the problem was fixed for all single CPU users. Westwood never addressed it for multicore setups, but a workaround has been found. They also never acknowledged that a cheat could trigger the bug.
The best advice I can give is race with all you've got. Sophy does and she wins. Even if you're in the lead, keep pushing. You never know if you'll miss a corner or a back market will bump you. I'll never know how many battles I won before the crash to desktop cheat could be activated, but during that time I was absolutely ruthless. Games had to last 3 minutes to count, so at 3:15 I was rolling into bases and ore fields with heavy tanks. By that time I had anti personnel and anti air defense hidden in my base. I still play that game today on a system probably like the ones in the Westwood lab: a Coppermine 800 in a heavily modded AOpen PC. It's across the room from my PS5.
That's not what's happening in this case. There are many instances happening since the last update of certain things getting a lag bug. It's happened to a few friends with me in dailies. I randomly gain a second on them and if I watch back their screen froze for that time and their car didnt move on track at all. Had a close battle with someone and they drove up beside me on the run to turn 1, then lag glitch to 0.75 behind me. Hasn't happened to me yet but seems to be mainly a Ps4 issue

Latest Posts

Back